Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th March 2015, 19:18   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Force Trax Toofan Test Drive

Makes me remember those huge old Suburbans,Expeditions and Range Rovers that were modded and running in the streets of Riyadh.

Sure, why not the Toofan , but i do really think they could have done away with the excessive rear overhang. With 16-18 seats it looks more like a minibus. Though at last they maybe forced to plonk the Gurkha 82bhp engine instead of the 60bhp version, considering the load these will carry.

Beats me why can't Force put at least tolerable interiors in the Trax Gama, give it the 82bhp engine and let it slowly fight with the Bolero in a small way.

Almost an year back the same ACI said the Trax would be up against Bolero, no where to be seen now.
Old 4th March 2015, 23:12   #32
Senior - BHPian

First thing that came to my mind on seeing this were the buses of early 1900s. Force can sell these as vintage buses.

Force Trax Toofan Test Drive-trau51.jpg
image source: google images.

EDIT: Will this have a higher seating capacity than the Traveller?

Last edited by zenren : 4th March 2015 at 23:15.
zenren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2015, 00:35   #33
BHPian

This contraption was used to haul staff inside the Akurdi plant since long time. It was used only inside the plant so no registration, number plates and ARAI approval required.

If FML manage one more row of seats, it can be classified as a bus i guess.
Old 8th March 2015, 08:34   #34
BHPian

What are the torque figures for this engine?

60 bhp does not matter much in case of a diesel vehicle. Even the bigger 10-seater Bolero has a 63 bhp engine.

It is the torque that determines the pulling power of this vehicle.

The Trax is a very old product. Earlier models did not have doors and were open. No one had an idea that the engine was a Mercedes engine then. The Trax Toofan probably suffers from the boot overhang problem. The rear is so stretched out that the issue would be obvious while driving at high speeds. Seating 13 people in this vehicle would put a lot of strain on the engine. But the product is priced sensibly.

The Trax Toofan would compete with the Sonalika Rhino Rx. It will not hamper Bolero sales.
Old 8th March 2015, 10:53   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fx45 View Post
Force Motors could go to milk the Trax platform.
Seven-door Force Trax seen testing
Force Motors have this uncanny knack of extending and widening any platform. They executed a similar job on the Traveller also.
Old 8th March 2015, 10:59   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
I think this is a 2BHK.
With two balconies too.
rajeev k is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2015, 12:03   #37
Senior - BHPian

looks like those home made car carriers running on our roads, the chassis is too elongated, possibility of chassis flex under load and premature wear or snap is always there... I seriously hope this is a hoax, considering 18 people carrier (about 1.3 tons of payload), then brakes and tyres need to be seriously upgraded.
Old 6th July 2017, 14:06   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinod_nookala View Post
look closely it is just beside the bump stop I like this vehicle , has awsome proportions , will be a good expedition vehicle with lots of space. In 4wd and diff lock plus p/s this is closest to defender available in india. Defender has lesser rear over hang though!
I guess the Force Gurkha team picked up the idea / name "Expedition" from your post.
Old 7th November 2018, 23:26   #39
Distinguished - BHPian

Talk of milking a platform & model. I coordinated the purchase of a Trax Toofan 11+D for my cousin, and was a little surprised that this has been around 10 years now. And surprisingly, people still buy it, though more outside the metro cities. Not much seems to have changed

The model purchased was a 11+D Toofan. Ex-showroom @ 8.38 Lakhs in Bangalore. Finally, BS-IV. This is a 3-cylinder 2.0 Litre Common Rail engine powered unit, without a/c and a mechanical steering. Though a power-steering enabled unit was available, the people they talked to said that the PS unit was faulty, and some accidents reported. The mechanical steering version is quite a handful to steer in the city.

Chassis is said to be modified recently, and engine is also said to be better than the prev versions. But the interiors remain bare-bones. Even the left ORVM was not checked, as in - inner part of the image was blocked by that thin door frame.

Driving experience ? Well, other vehicles stay away. And with good reason too. This one is built with metal, and is best to give it some space on all sides. Pickup is steady though not quick. Pretty thick discs at the front gave good & effective stopping. Exhaust is placed at the centre, right, pointing side-ways like with buses & trucks. Driving position is fine, helped by the adjustments for seat position and back-rest incline adjustment. However, the back-rest of co-driver seat and the 2nd row could have been inclined a little more. Head-rests for the forward facing rows were placed a bit behind for my comfort.

This Toofan is getting a Pio 3490UB DVD HU, Pio speakers, 2-way amp to power an Infinity 1200S Sub-woofer. Rearview camera being installed separately. Steering wheel is leather-wrapped, and glasses adjusted for a little heat reduction. Waiting to see the final set up with these accessories.

More later, once things settle down.
condor is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th March 2019, 22:49   #40
Senior - BHPian

A couple of days back, during an awareness rally, I was worried about carrying a PA system and was scouting for easy alternatives. No marks for guessing who came to my rescue!

Of course, it was the humble Tempo Trax.

It had come all the way from Ranibennur carrying some folk artists and had all the required paraphernalia installed.

Three Mouthpieces

Force Trax Toofan Test Drive-img_20190326_221316593x522.jpg

Two Loudspeakers

Force Trax Toofan Test Drive-img_20190322_1221113952x2964.jpg

The Back End

Force Trax Toofan Test Drive-img_20190322_1224552964x3952.jpg

And

The Front - Power Source

Force Trax Toofan Test Drive-img_20190322_1220542964x3952.jpg

Versatility thy name is Trax!
dailydriver is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed