Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd October 2009, 14:45   #91
sps
BHPian

Long drive after 10K Service

I took my cruiser out for a spin after the first oil change. A 250 km drive during the diwali weekend covering good roads (read MC Road - Trivandrum - kottarakkara) ghat roads and no roads (read local roads in and around Punalur, pathanapuram). Frankly speaking I did not feel any specific difference.

But as usual enjoyed the fatigueless drive. One pic which I took during this journey

My new home on highways - simpson red Toyota Innova-inthewoods1.jpg
Old 9th November 2009, 16:11   #92
BHPian

Hey man , i really liked your write up on the way you went about your purchase, its my dream vehicle buddy, one day I would also buy the same atleast a used one if not new, although i would miss out on the smell of a new car,,, with toyota you can be sure , it will last your life ,, cheers maju
Old 9th November 2009, 21:47   #93
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sps View Post
Well I took my innova for third service yesterday.
Three cheers to the way Nippon Toyota people are managing things
They had set up a counter at the parking lot itself. Attended to me immediately.
I had no problems to report.
They appraised me on the things they will do in this service(oil change and general check up only), cost of service (1900/-) and time at which vehicle will be ready (2 hrs).

Gave the vehicle back exactly at the promised time.

total expense: Rs 1900/- (oil replacement charges only, labour was free owing to free service)

Quite happy with the service experience.

Next oil change at 20k, next periodic service at 15k.

My TASS guy too does something similar. They have well mannered security personnel,cheerful ladies at reception, SA with just enough enthu and info who tells you how much it gonna cost. The delay in meeting the SA can be from 10-30min. The time to get your vehicle will be 6.30pm even for normal oil change and a wash !

And you might have to take it for something or the other the next day!
Old 15th November 2009, 00:27   #94
sps
BHPian

600km with 6 onboard

Two days back an almost unplanned drive happened and ended up covering 650kms in a single day with 6 persons on board through all kinds of terrains.

Needless to say the vehicle behaved extremely well. Even the third row passengers (2 of them) did not complain anything and we had a good time. Tried to drive with no hard brakings, no quick accelaration, no quick turns etc. Still I achieved good timings. Infact I got the best time I have ever clocked in Kottayam - Trivandrum stretch fully through MC Road eventhough it was done at night. Covered this 150 km stretch in 2.5 hrs with a 9pm start from kottayam and completely devoid of any redlining.

Some pics of my cruiser
My new home on highways - simpson red Toyota Innova-dsc07376.jpg

My new home on highways - simpson red Toyota Innova-dsc07430.jpg
Old 15th November 2009, 08:40   #95
Senior - BHPian

SPS:

Great location.

The second photo is a perfect 'shaadi.com' picture.
Old 16th November 2009, 11:58   #96
sps
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
SPS:

Great location.

The second photo is a perfect 'shaadi.com' picture.
The location is Idukki.
Thanks for the comment on second photo .
Old 16th November 2009, 20:42   #97
Team-BHP Support

sps with all the long drives your going on consider getting a tuning box. you will really enjoy it.
Old 16th November 2009, 20:51   #98
Senior - BHPian

@SPS: Anytime!

Not sure if your better half would appreciate it, though!

@Akshay: Spot on! Was about to recommend the same. For all I have read, the Innova with the tuning box is a wonderful combination!

SPS: Do have a look at the tuning box. (Head to Akshay's thread for the review).
Old 30th November 2009, 13:19   #99
sps
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
sps with all the long drives your going on consider getting a tuning box. you will really enjoy it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post

@Akshay: Spot on! Was about to recommend the same. For all I have read, the Innova with the tuning box is a wonderful combination!

SPS: Do have a look at the tuning box. (Head to Akshay's thread for the review).
I have been following Akshay's thread closely. Once Akshay had adviced me to get a feel of my car for atleast a year before going in for a tuning box. I am still enjoying the available cruising power and with wifey, kids and parents onboard I don't like to have a wheelspin too.

Is there any problem in fitting a tuning box after 25k kms?
Old 30th November 2009, 20:51   #100
Senior - BHPian

Great review sps. You made a great choice by going for the Innova as it is probably the most comfortable car in its segment with bulletproof reliability and great A.S.S.

BTW what color are your tints?
Old 1st December 2009, 01:18   #101
Senior - BHPian

Hi,
It is a wonderful red innova.It is real worth to have that for the family.But it is too much for the self driving city ride for the regular job.For me the biggest problem is Parking.There should be something public parking everywhere.So we can have big cars.
Old 1st December 2009, 13:34   #102
sps
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aparth View Post
Great review sps. You made a great choice by going for the Innova as it is probably the most comfortable car in its segment with bulletproof reliability and great A.S.S.

BTW what color are your tints?
Thanks. The tints has got different shades in different angles. From inside, it looks as if no tints at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCS View Post
I N N O V A A A A A H !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by navan49 View Post
Hi,
It is a wonderful red innova.It is real worth to have that for the family.But it is too much for the self driving city ride for the regular job.For me the biggest problem is Parking.There should be something public parking everywhere.So we can have big cars.
Usually I use by bike for solo travel. But of late I am using innova for city driving also. Parking is an issue, but 90% of time it can be parked where a hatch can be parked

Attaching my favourite pic of my steed
My new home on highways - simpson red Toyota Innova-dsc07413-copy.jpg

Last edited by sps : 1st December 2009 at 13:36. Reason: image insertion
Old 2nd December 2009, 10:50   #103
Senior - BHPian

Well maintained. Its crying out for alloys. Try to add spoiler to it & it looks good with one.
Old 2nd December 2009, 11:59   #104
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sps View Post
I have been following Akshay's thread closely. Once Akshay had adviced me to get a feel of my car for atleast a year before going in for a tuning box. I am still enjoying the available cruising power and with wifey, kids and parents onboard I don't like to have a wheelspin too.

Is there any problem in fitting a tuning box after 25k kms?
youll get wheelspin only if you try for it. there is no problem in getting it after 25k kms but your just missing out on a lot.
Old 21st December 2009, 00:56   #105
sps
BHPian

A hit and run incident

This happened hardly 2 hours ago at 10pm today night.
I was waiting at one of the junctions for the signal to turn green, my wife and kids were inside the car.
Signal turned green and I sedately move the car forward, when I heard some big banging sound on the left side. My heart stopped for a moment because I couldn't really know what happened. My wife told me that she can see two bikes on road.

I parked the car on the side and got out. I could see only one bike there.

I was happy when I saw that the two guys were standing on their feet. They told me that another stupid guy came in between them and my car and while trying to accelarate fast from the signal point they first hit the bike on left and then fell down hitting my car. And before these guys could stand up, they fled the scene. On knowing that these guys were perfectly allright, I went up to check my car's left door, where I heard the big noise. During my walk towards the car, I was thinking about the hassles of claiming insurance and fate of my impending long drive which is to happen in two days time. Also I doubted whether what these guys told were right or wrong.

There was a dent and a scratch (about 10cm in dia). I felt really bad, but soon I regained composure and began to think like, it was only this much. Soon the two guys came near me and some other people who were standing in the bus stop near by also came. They too told about the presence of another bike and a guy speeding past after the hit. No one noted down the number of that bike too.

Now the questions which I have are
1. What could I do, if I had got hold of those drunken maniacs, rather than creating a scene and giving them an earful, due to which I am not going to earn anything?

2. The dent is too small when compared with the big bang sound which I heard. Still a dent is a dent and a scratch is a scratch. What can I do to repair this?

3. My insurance for this year ends tomorrow midnight, and I have already paid for the next insurance. Is it better to claim insurance and do the dent repair?

4. Since no case is filed as I did not report it to the police, if at all I have to claim insurance, how do I make a claim?

Only tomorrow morning I will be able to see the actual damage. Your suggestions will be of great help for me to take a decision.

Last edited by sps : 21st December 2009 at 00:58. Reason: spelling

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks