Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th February 2009, 21:26   #16
BHPian

Greaky, a few questions for you!
1) is that a turbo-charged pug?
2) is that the same pug that comes in the vodafone ads?
3) have you tried a pug vs getz crdi drag race yet?
4) Is it not a very photogenic pug? It only seems to be looking in the right direction in one snap. Or is it just shy? ( - totally)
Congrats on your pocket rocket! What a coincidence that I got my pocket rocket with a boot(the verna in case I wasnt clear (once again )) on the same date as you did. Yeah I think that fake wood finish on the verna looks a lot better then the one from the getz, and yes same feeling about the ABS as well. That engine really needs it! I like the seat covers too. Did you get them from hyundai itself? How much did it cost you?
Happy and safe driving!!

Last edited by pras.oct25 : 26th February 2009 at 21:30.
Old 26th February 2009, 21:27   #17
BHPian

Congrats for the new car bro!

Looks great in that color.Safe driving!
Old 26th February 2009, 21:51   #18
BHPian

Hey greaky,
Congratulations ! Getz CRDi is the only 'hot hatch' in India.

Have a same one bought about 9 months back for Dad, and it is absolutely superb even without the ABS and Airbags. I call it 'White Rocket'

@wood panels - if you get anything better to replace them, do let me know. They desperately need to be changed IMO !

Same for the spoiler - the one's I had seen were not suiting the car. Drop me a PM if you find one !
Old 26th February 2009, 21:59   #19
Senior - BHPian

Car looks great greaky. There has been a rise in the Getz CRDi ownerships in the recent past on the forum. I like white cars and those alloys match the colour perfectly. Any plans for Petes?

BTW you car is nice but your pug is nicer Somehow shes getting more attention than the car itself. You should head to the Pets thread pronto.
Old 26th February 2009, 22:01   #20
BANNED

Great ride. I have beena fan of Hyundai's all my life.

I have a Santro and more recently bought an Accent.

I did consider buying a Getz, only I found my love the Accent
Old 26th February 2009, 22:37   #21
BHPian

Congrats on your CRDi GETZ . Its a driver's car.
The seat covers goes well with the interiors. A nice audio setup too.
I agree with you on adding safety features and updating console in GETZ.
Old 26th February 2009, 23:07   #22
Senior - BHPian

congrats Greaky. Thats a wonderful car.
Did you buy fog lamps from dealer?
Old 27th February 2009, 00:02   #23
BHPian

congrats greaky!
white is my personal favorite in getz and your alloys also look nice. i guess you can keep them for some time for sure.
drive safe!
Old 27th February 2009, 00:29   #24
BHPian

Congrats!! The Getz CRDi is a brilliant car. Hyundai should be doing a lot to add value to it. The diesel Getz should have got all those airbags and ABS brakes that they gave to the fully loaded i20. The fake wood on the console looks...er, fake. If you are looking for an OE style spoiler, best buy the real thing. It's going to be expensive, but the cheap imitation ones look cheap or will do so after a few months in the sun.
Old 27th February 2009, 00:34   #25

thanks mate I love both of them ... my pugsy is quite uselss tho, she does nothing of that ..in fact more often than not she runs away with my socks and pillows .. shes a little darling tho.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Its a great looking hatch and a greater looking pug !! Congrats for owning both and keeping them both together most of the time. Pug has increased its face-value after Vodafone has promoted it in a big way. So, does she help you in washing the car, finding your socks or keeping your towel while u are in the pool etc ?

[quote=rippergeo;1190699]

thanks mate. am envious of those rides in your signature tho..

Last edited by Zappo : 27th February 2009 at 01:40. Reason: Posts merged. Do not make consecutive posts please. Use a max of 2 smilies per post.
Old 27th February 2009, 00:53   #26
Ice
BHPian

Congrats dude. Nice car
Old 27th February 2009, 01:18   #27

see my answers in bold below :

Quote:
Originally Posted by pras.oct25 View Post
Greaky, a few questions for you!
1) is that a turbo-charged pug? - she def. is..u should see her chasing her tail..
2) is that the same pug that comes in the vodafone ads? - she is actually a distant cousin of him.. just kidding
3) have you tried a pug vs getz crdi drag race yet? - that would only be possible if you get her off the front seat lol
4) Is it not a very photogenic pug? It only seems to be looking in the right direction in one snap. Or is it just shy? ( - totally) - she just knew it too well that this particular photo shoot wasn't for her lol
Congrats on your pocket rocket! What a coincidence that I got my pocket rocket with a boot(the verna in case I wasnt clear) on the same date as you did. Yeah I think that fake wood finish on the verna looks a lot better then the one from the getz, and yes same feeling about the ABS as well. That engine really needs it! I like the seat covers too. Did you get them from hyundai itself? How much did it cost you? - Got it from my Accessories guy @ 4800
Happy and safe driving!!
Thanks dippy.. Does Petes have a tuning box for getz ? the last time I checked they had one for swift but none for getz ..not to mention am skint after buying this car lol ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
Car looks great greaky. There has been a rise in the Getz CRDi ownerships in the recent past on the forum. I like white cars and those alloys match the colour perfectly. Any plans for Petes?

BTW you car is nice but your pug is nicer Somehow shes getting more attention than the car itself. You should head to the Pets thread pronto.

Thanks ! Of course , personally , I like the front AND the back AND the sides AND everything in between ! I think the problem is the Logan has a boxy butt to begin with.. you add a bigger/wider bumper..beauty goes back to the eyes of the beholder ! Hey but at least I took the plunge

Quote:
Originally Posted by mehul0999 View Post
@ ZBlue:
Finally u hav put the pics of front.. Looks better than wat I was anticipating from the time I saw it under fabrication..

BTW Dont go for lowering springs.. Telling from personal exp.
I bought it from the authorised hyundai service center @ 1100 / each
Wiring Set - 800
Fiting - 500
Total : 3,500

and the salesman who sold me the car still maintains that original fog lamps cost 6,500 !! guess you should never believe them

thank god I did not find some ill fitting after market fog lamps after all..

Quote:
Originally Posted by djay99 View Post
congrats Greaky. Thats a wonderful car.
Did you buy fog lamps from dealer?

Last edited by Zappo : 27th February 2009 at 01:45. Reason: Stop making so many back-to-back posts. Use multi-quote button to reply to multiple people in one go. Posts merged. And please, a max of 2 smilies only.
Old 27th February 2009, 10:42   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greaky View Post
Thanks dippy.. Does Petes have a tuning box for getz ? the last time I checked they had one for swift but none for getz ..not to mention am skint after buying this car lol ..
Thats a pretty kewl pug! Maybe hyundai should get it to advertise their cars instead of vodafone. And she sure seems comfy on your front seat. I hope she is toilet trained! Any idea if she has any more distant cousins? I would like to have a pug myself!
I thought kpzen has petefied his getz? I'm not sure if its his car or someone elses. Look around tbhp.
4800 is decent for the seat covers at the dealers. Is it cheaper for hatches? They were quoting some 8k almost for verna seat covers at the dealer here. I got them done outside. Now on the lookout for a spoiler for my car!

Last edited by pras.oct25 : 27th February 2009 at 10:45.
Old 27th February 2009, 10:55   #29

Yeah she is toilet trained lol.. the seat covers should not cost more for a sedan .. and mine were made to order .. I think they came from dehradun

Quote:
Originally Posted by pras.oct25 View Post
Thats a pretty kewl pug! Maybe hyundai should get it to advertise their cars instead of vodafone. And she sure seems comfy on your front seat. I hope she is toilet trained! Any idea if she has any more distant cousins? I would like to have a pug myself!
I thought kpzen has petefied his getz? I'm not sure if its his car or someone elses. Look around tbhp.
4800 is decent for the seat covers at the dealers. Is it cheaper for hatches? They were quoting some 8k almost for verna seat covers at the dealer here. I got them done outside. Now on the lookout for a spoiler for my car!
Old 27th February 2009, 11:24   #30
Senior - BHPian

congrats mate, white getz surely looks damn good, love to own one, though i hate that fake wood finish on its centre console, but your seat covers makes it look better. As all said this rocket lacks ABS and airbags which shall be atleast given as optional from hyundai.Keep updating and drive safe.CHEERS!!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks