Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th March 2009, 21:14   #16
BHPian

That is indeed a neat looking gorgeous car!
Old 15th March 2009, 22:31   #17
BHPian

@reckdriver - I hope the reck in your name isnt short for reckless!
Congrats on your buy. The car looks really wicked with those neat alloys and colour reminds me of the blue that the 1.6s fiesta used to come in. But wasnt 28k for just the alloys a little upward? Or is that including the cost of tires after exchanging the stock ones?
I did find during the test drive that the steering was ridiculously light and sensitive, even more so then my verna's. And of course after owning a verna crdi no one would be happy with the engine theyve plonked into the i20. Hope you are coping well with these aspects. But the looks of the car and the luxurious interiors make up for it to some extent I guess. Hope you have an enjoyable ownership experience and do drive safe!
Old 15th March 2009, 22:41   #18
BHPian

the blue color is simply superb.
interiors similar to getz ???
Old 15th March 2009, 22:51   #19
Senior - BHPian

That is indeed an awesome looking vehicle
Old 16th March 2009, 10:12   #20
Senior - BHPian

congratulations mate! definately i20 is a good drive for city usage but as you said steering beyond 80kmph still remains light and doesnt feel very encouraging and comfort beyond that speed is a let down, and regarding your 28K's for alloys are inclusive of tyres or without as it should be along with them in that price range.Drive safe and keep updating.CHEERS!!
Old 16th March 2009, 10:22   #21
Team-BHP Support

Congrats ReckDriver. IMO it is the best looking offering from Hyundai.
Old 16th March 2009, 10:33   #22
BHPian

Congratulations on the new purchase, the car really looks quite stunning, has a very aggresive stance.

Nice choice of colour and alloys.
Old 16th March 2009, 10:45   #23
Senior - BHPian

Great looking car Reckdriver. Liked your choice of colour. Your wheels are the Samurai series from Lenso I guess. How is she performing after the tyre upgrade? Do update this thread regularly and congratulations on your i20.
Old 16th March 2009, 11:09   #24
sps
BHPian

Your car is really stunning. Looks great in all the photos which you posted.
Old 16th March 2009, 11:31   #25
BHPian

Congrats. The car looks stunning. Interior is typical Hyundai - functional.

Why would you wan't to disable the seat belt warning? Don't you use the belt all the times? If not, you should.

Enjoy
Old 16th March 2009, 12:03   #26
BHPian

Congrats! It looks really great. I am also planning to go for this car. Went to Srinath Hyundai. TD was great and about 5-6 Km. The driver who accompanied me told that the Steering becomes hydraulic after 6oKMph.
The brochure also mentions AC vent(?) for the rear. I did not look for these rear vents. Can you confirm this? How is Auto AC performance? Have you tried it in hot sun? They are offering me 5 year waranty for Rs 14K. Did you take this?
Old 16th March 2009, 13:07   #27
BHPian

Congrats dude! The choice of color is simply awesome and I love the metamorphosis, from ubercool to agressive, that the tires and alloys have brought.
Drive safe!
Old 16th March 2009, 13:51   #28
BHPian

Congrats man ! very good color choice makes the car look much bigger then it actually is. nice set of alloys gives cool & macho look to the car.

can you please tell me how is the pickup with four people inside ?
Old 16th March 2009, 15:01   #29
Senior - BHPian

Similar shortcomings were observed by me in the main i20 thread. But overall I did like the car, but it is not a drivers car - i.e. meant to be chucked about or driven hard. Congrats.
Old 16th March 2009, 15:09   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prateekswarup View Post
Congrats dude! The choice of color is simply awesome and I love the metamorphosis, from ubercool to agressive, that the tires and alloys have brought.
I really liked that comment. Thank you so much
Personally, I really had to argue at home to get this colour as not all were convinced with my choice. I really am taken with the colour and alloys combo.
And yes the alloys are from the Samurai series of Lenso.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartech View Post
The brochure also mentions AC vent(?) for the rear. I did not look for these rear vents. Can you confirm this? How is Auto AC performance? Have you tried it in hot sun? They are offering me 5 year waranty for Rs 14K. Did you take this?
There are A/c vents for the rear and are present beneath the 2 front seats. So practically it only cools the feet of the rear passengers. And they function when you choose the a/c in direction of the feet from the display.

The auto a/c performance seems good, not super. Can tell you more once I've driven the car for longer.

I did not opt for the 5 year warranty as there was no mention of it either. But I did opt for the 4 year one. If they are giving you the 5 year one, you could take it. But the difference seems quite a bit, as they were charging about 8000 bucks for the extended 2 year one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palio_2005 View Post
Why would you wan't to disable the seat belt warning? Don't you use the belt all the times? If not, you should.
Hey Palio, 1st up I do use the seatbelt at all times. But what I meant to say is that there is a loud beeping warning which goes off for the co-passenger as well - if he/she has not worn the seatbelt. And apparently the beeping warning which starts only after the car crosses 20km/h cannot be deactivated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
Congrats ReckDriver. IMO it is the best looking offering from Hyundai.
I completely agree with you
Am in love with its transformation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pras.oct25 View Post
@reckdriver - I hope the reck in your name isnt short for reckless!
Congrats on your buy. The car looks really wicked with those neat alloys and colour reminds me of the blue that the 1.6s fiesta used to come in. But wasnt 28k for just the alloys a little upward? Or is that including the cost of tires after exchanging the stock ones?
I did find during the test drive that the steering was ridiculously light and sensitive, even more so then my verna's. And of course after owning a verna crdi no one would be happy with the engine theyve plonked into the i20. Hope you are coping well with these aspects. But the looks of the car and the luxurious interiors make up for it to some extent I guess.
Well bout ur first statement, you guessed it right!

The 28k for only the alloys was a little expensive. Its from a limited edition line as well. But I thought they were really different and would go quite well with the car.
I still havent paid up the entire amount for my tyres and alloys so dont know what the amount will work out with the buyback of the stock tyres and alloys.

Also the tyre upgrade does not void the warranty. And yes I am coping quite well with the engine aspect. Though the real potential can only be extracted once the first service is done and then i would try to achieve its maximum. Will keep you guys updated !

Thanks again to everyone for their wishes.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks