Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th June 2018, 07:59   #871
BHPian

Re: Silver Streak Linea :)

@Rajbajwa and @aks_karthik sir,
Seeing your posts males me nostalgic about my 2009 Linea. The Italian Lady came into our lives when I was Class 3 and left me abandoned waaay before I started driving. Maybe my Sindbad (Arizona Blue Hexa XTA) was the reason. The parking became a problem with the addition of Sindbad and lately we had to part ways with the Italian Lady. Wish she was a part of our family.

I still remember the day she left us and took over her new home. I was in tears of letting her go and I couldn't do anything but watch her go. But the thing is my Italian Lady is still put to good use by her next master (he's my dad's friend). She's done 1,70,000 kms on the odo. Her odo reading was 1,26,000 kms when she left us. It's not even one year and she has done close to 50,000 kms on the odo. I wish to buy a Linea TJET as my first car. If not for the Linea TJET, then it might be the Abarth.

@Rajbajwa sir, please do ping me up before you part way with her.

Varun
Old 6th June 2018, 21:18   #872
BHPian

Hi Varun,

The only reason I will part with the car is if I need to leave the country for good. So hopefully if I migrate out I’ll let you know. I think the Italian cars have their quirks which makes one form a bond. The Linea is showing age but I still feel good every time I get behind the wheels.

Thanks,

Raj
P.S. Please don’t address me with, ‘Sir’. Just go with the first name
Old 18th October 2020, 14:06   #873
Senior - BHPian

After some 50+ kms done in Continental MC5, it's time to replace a new set of shoes to my beloved Linea.
Planned to upgrade with Michelin Primacy 4, Due to unavailability of Michelin tires in my native (no latest stock), i have changed all 4 tires with Continental UC6 (https://www.continental-tires.co.id/...ltracontactuc6) soft tires for the price of 5K each around 148000 kms.
It's more less a copy of XM2 and with soft compound.
Had an issue with MC5, after 20K kms, tire noise had been increased and faced some uneven worn-out, though the dry and wet grips are excellent and the braking too.
Hope Continental UC6 has good review and recommendation from my friendly tire shop.
on first drive itself, i have observed very cushy ride and there's NIL tire noise as well.
Hope the same continuous for some good miles and only grouse is to keep the tire safely from bad roads as it's soft compound, not sure, how it's withstand with bad to very bad roads.
A trip to Kerela is in offing and trip will be the best time to judge this tire.
aks_karthik is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th January 2021, 16:29   #874
Senior - BHPian

4th Car Battery Change - SF Sonic FS1440 DIN 50

After 3 years and some months, SF Sonic FS1440 DIN 50 has gone kaput due to less usage of car during current pandemic situation.
We tried top up the water and checked the battery for 2-3 weeks, but yesterday it died finally and heard that 2 cells have been totally distorted, hence suggested to go with new one. even the warranty period of 48 months in pro rata is intact.
I have ordered the same battery SF Sonic FS1440 DIN 50 again and been installed yesterday for Rs. 4900 after exchanging the old battery.
Now the car is back to normal and cranking at the first time.

Last edited by aks_karthik : 5th January 2021 at 16:30.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks