Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th April 2009, 15:33   #16
Senior - BHPian

Finally you put your review online. A decision well made Tejas. I'm sure your dad will enjoy the i10 Auto. Its zippy and very very practical for our Mumbai traffic. The grey alloys look awesome and they go great with the black colour. Any problems with the beige interiors reflecting on the front windshield?

You need to put better pics pronto. I wouldnt be suprised if you use this car more for its auto comfort
Old 11th April 2009, 15:36   #17
Senior - BHPian

love the night photos tejas. esp the one with the higher exposure time. the interior shot is just perfect
frankmehta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2009, 15:38   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
Finally you put your review online. A decision well made Tejas. I'm sure your dad will enjoy the i10 Auto. Its zippy and very very practical for our Mumbai traffic. The grey alloys look awesome and they go great with the black colour. Any problems with the beige interiors reflecting on the front windshield?

You need to put better pics pronto. I wouldnt be suprised if you use this car more for its auto comfort
Ye! Dippy likes my zippy car!

Thanks. I have scheduled a photo shoot at marine drive this sunday morning. Hopefully better pics then (if i get up early!!!). No issues with the beige reflection though. i don't know why everyone was making such a big deal with it.
You're right, the auto is a boon!!!

EDIT: Thanks frank. I forgot to remove the plastics and now they spoilt the shots though!!!

Last edited by Tejas@perioimpl : 11th April 2009 at 15:39.
Old 11th April 2009, 15:53   #19
BHPian

Amazing pics tejas, specially the dark one in which all interior lights are on... Really cool, the thing in my family is that other than me no one likes black coz of over heating. Post some more clearer interior pics ASAP!
Old 11th April 2009, 16:04   #20
BHPian

Congrats on your car!!!

Whoa! you are moving from 155 width to 185 width..
Although the overall diameter of the wheel is the same, Wouldn't the extra width slowdown the car significantly? That wheel size is good for a lot of sedans! Let me know of your experience.

Cheers,
Nitin
Old 11th April 2009, 16:56   #21
Senior - BHPian

Congrats. Its not easy to resist the temptation to go for a larger (base model) car instead of a fully loaded smaller one at the same price point.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
During booking i had kept a penalty clause with them that if i see any Jaybharat Hyundai stickers on the car, they will either pay me 500 per sticker per month or remove the stickers and give me a free teflon coating. This no sticker clause was told to them atleast 5 times till they understood.

However, i was shocked to see three Jaybharat stickers on the car!!! I totally lost it at the sales lady. Soon a workforce was employed to remove one sticker from the glass, another from the body and the third from the number plate. Number plate was replaced immediately with a new one. The body sticker was removed with care and a hand polish was done immediately in that area. ..
Wow !! Good one. I hate those stickers too. Not only do they stick out like a sore thumb the buggers have some nerve putting them on there. This needs to go in our new car checklist.

Last edited by Mpower : 11th April 2009 at 16:57.
Old 11th April 2009, 17:53   #22
BHPian

congrats now that's a nice looking i10
Old 11th April 2009, 20:11   #23
Senior - BHPian

Rear view camera

Hi Tejas,

If and when you have the time, can you post images of the rear view camera screen in daytime and at night?

Thanks and congratulations for the new car!
Old 11th April 2009, 22:11   #24
Senior - BHPian

congrats. nice car. i think you meant tyre size of 185. you exhibited the true spirit of BHPian and changed tyres immediately. yes 3Ms do wonderful job and A/C will be fantastic with the films. Enjoy...
Old 11th April 2009, 22:40   #25
BHPian

Hi,

The car is looking good, congrats. I have a doubt, you said you had financed the car through loan on FD, but if that's the case why the hypothecation then? I was under the impression there was no need for this.
Old 12th April 2009, 02:28   #26
BHPian

She's a beauty with those alloys. Nice pics. Good write-up.
Old 15th April 2009, 11:38   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revhappy View Post
Congrats on your car!!!

Whoa! you are moving from 155 width to 185 width..
Although the overall diameter of the wheel is the same, Wouldn't the extra width slowdown the car significantly? That wheel size is good for a lot of sedans! Let me know of your experience.

Cheers,
Nitin
No, no noticeable decrease in performance at all. Infact it's a pleasure driving with wider rubbers.

Now, this is something i noticed last night. On all four wheels, if i look at the hubs, i can see a layer of rust formed. How is this possible? What should be done about this?
See pic below:
Attached Thumbnails
Got a black eye! i10 AT Asta (Kappa engine) With Sunroof Review-04.jpg  

Old 15th April 2009, 13:30   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
On all four wheels, if i look at the hubs, i can see a layer of rust formed. How is this possible?
Is it rust or some stubborn layer of dust?
And is it just me or is there something a little warped about that outer circular rim?
Old 15th April 2009, 13:52   #29
BHPian

Ahah Tejas, a very dhinch looking car ! Nice review.

What about the black eye ?

Rust on the disc hubs. - They are made out of cast iron, they will always have some rust on them due to the proximity to the sea (Mumbai), this is nothing to worry about.

You would need to worry about rust on sheet metal - as its thin and the rust can eat through in a matter of months however ALL discs on small and medium cars anywhere will have some rust due to the metal used in the manufacture of the hubs and discs.

Someone on the forum did raise an issue on rust on the hubs, however ceramic discs are v v expensive, you could buy a C class and yet have some left over funds if you want to consider ceramic discs.

Meanwhile wish your dad happy and safe motoring.

Cheers
Old 15th April 2009, 14:00   #30
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations Teja !! Finally you put up pics after all my pestering lol. Your choice of alloys is HOT, and with the all-but-subtle chrome lip the all-black therme goes perfectly. I'm sure you're enjoying the convenience of an A/T. Lookin' good !!

Any news on FE boss?

Quote:
No issues with the beige reflection though. i don't know why everyone was making such a big deal with it.
That problem crops up in really harsh direct sunlight. Something like, when you're driving down a highway with the sun directly above. It does begin to affect the driver after a while. I'm saying this only because the M/T i10 I drive is always when out on highway trips with my uncle, usually once a week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmjgm View Post
Rust on the disc hubs. - They are made out of cast iron, they will always have some rust on them due to the proximity to the sea (Mumbai), this is nothing to worry about.
On a spanking new car, ji?

Last edited by FlyingSpur : 15th April 2009 at 14:02.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks