Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th April 2009, 13:41   #46
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machine freak View Post
My car just completed its first service 3000km from Abs motrs sector 34 Gurgaon. the car just had a slight squeeek in the right side over hard bumps which was rectified.

i was unable to pick up my car during normal work hours and hence went after the work shop was closed. To my horror the car was dustier on the inside then what i had left it as. they had not cleaned it. just serviced it. i called the service adviser today to tell him the same. he apologized and said i can get the car again, i am pissed with this. they v even offered to get the car picked up and dropped. But i m not gonna send the car there again..

-1 for fiat A** from me...
My experience here in Mumbai is completely opposite. I've taken car to service stations 4-5 times for various reasons. Everytime, irrespecive of whether I'm leaving the car there or not, they've washed it. They've even cleaned the interiors everytime with solution. It was as if, they've to do it as soon as car enters there. Have yet to do 1st service
Old 29th April 2009, 17:39   #47
Senior - BHPian

It is mandatory for the service station to clean the vehicle when due for service. Take a photo of it and send it to higher authorities and dont allow them to pick up the car and drop it alone. You never know how these service maniacs drive and you know what happened to skoda in the instigating thread.
Old 30th April 2009, 10:21   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranava999 View Post
would not say build quality is all that bad! yes a little more attention to detail woul have been better. nuthing so serious it can't be rectified at the first service at least in my case
Me too. No issues with the build quality. But another colleage in my office claim that his right front side is going some weird noise. I have not sat in the car to know what it is like.
Old 30th April 2009, 14:54   #49
BHPian

Congrats RedOne - Nice Review and i loved your Red Linea Pictures too HAppy Driving !
Old 8th May 2009, 12:27   #50
BHPian

RC Book entry

I got the RC book (smart card, rather) for my Linea yesterday and in it, the manufacturer is listed as 'Tata'! When I asked the dealership, they said it's like that now for all Fiat cars.

Is this true? Can other Linea/Palio owners please confirm?

Gears,
Red-One.
Old 8th May 2009, 18:04   #51
BHPian

I think it differs from state to state.

In AP,
There seems to be no manufacturer name.
There is only one entry on my card.
Maker's classification: FIAT LINEA EMOTION
Old 9th May 2009, 07:21   #52
Senior - BHPian

Hi

Seems my RC book has come. The dealer said he will send someone to give it at my home. Will see what he has listed in my RC book too as we bought from the same dealer.
Old 11th May 2009, 10:38   #53
BHPian

T A S S Experience

OK I had my first experience with the dreaded T A S S and have to say the reputation is not ill justified.

I had written before that the Linea's right side indicator light was broken within a week of ownership, which I noticed while washing the car. Plus my driver noticed a loose black triangular plastic piece below the front seat. I took the car to Concorde workshop on ECR on Saturday to get these fixed. I doubt many Linea's have gone there as the entrance to the workshop grounded the car big time. Their standard operating procedure seems to be to for a workshop driver to take the car and park it somewhere even without asking why you are there (this happened thrice now). I spoke with the Linea service guy who then took the car to the service area behind. After a lot of head scratching, they figured out that the black plastic piece was the battery cover. I wonder how it got inside the car.

They didn’t have the side indicator in stock and said only the Ambattur workshop carried spares. It would take 2-3 days for the spare to reach ECR shop so I told him I would go to Ambattur instead. He said he would call Ambattur and confirm in 10 minutes if they had the part. He finally called after 2 hours and confirmed they had it in stock. I reached Ambattur at 12:45 PM. I stated my problem and the front desk said they have told the concerned people. After waiting for half hour, when I enquired what was happening, they casually told 1-2 PM was their lunch time and someone would attend to me after that!

After I pointed out that I was there before their lunch break, they found someone to talk to me. He was a good guy who really had to run around (behind lot of other people) to get the part and fixed the light. He said I would have to pay for this as it was a “breakage” but the good part was that it cost only Rs 64. I was pleasantly surprised, as it was an imported part too.

Overall I am not happy with the experience. Firstly, the light should not have broken. Secondly, they should have fixed it for free and it definitely should not have taken me half a day for a 5 minute job. Both workshops was HOT with no AC running in the blistering Chennai heat.

I have been contacted twice by FIAT to take feedback and they have always asked about how the dealership was, how the salesman was etc. I think they should take feedback about the actual car as well, it's quality, problem areas etc.

Gears,
Red-One.
Old 11th May 2009, 12:55   #54
BHPian

@ Redone: that is an honest review comments, very rarely seen! only a few like you write such honest comments in first days of ownerships.

about plastics, I think this is the second incident someone geting pieces below front seats (in another thread there was a mention about the same - that was possibly the seat adjuster coming off during test drive?). Overall looks like the parts quality is way below the mark.

about service (making people wait and lack of courtesey), that is the tpical service mentality from most service stations I have been, unless you know someone there or you talk to their GMs directly, or they realise that you are from TBHP forum. I think you do that and it will make a difference.

All the best!
Old 11th May 2009, 12:58   #55
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
or they realise that you are from TBHP forum. I think you do that and it will make a difference.
Stick TBHP stickers and notice the attitude of those service advisers. It has helped me a lot

BTW, congrats and a very honest review indeed!
Old 11th May 2009, 18:29   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVH View Post
Stick TBHP stickers and notice the attitude of those service advisers. It has helped me a lot
Cool. I had bought the stickers sometime back. Need to dig them out and stick one on the car pronto .

Gears,
Red-One.
Old 12th May 2009, 09:04   #57
BHPian

Man... It’s raining Linea's. This car has surely hit the right note. I see more reviews on new Linea’s around that the ANHC.

Congrats mate, love the color
Old 12th May 2009, 12:28   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by opendro View Post
Me too. No issues with the build quality. But another colleage in my office claim that his right front side is going some weird noise. I have not sat in the car to know what it is like.

i had the same problem but it was rectified when the car went for first service...
it was a weird sqeaking sound which used to come over slighly bigger bumps.
Old 12th May 2009, 14:14   #59
Senior - BHPian

Redone
The concorde main workshop is at ambattur. They have all the spares for Linea there. So dont go ECR next time. Next time if u have any issues there call me. I know a couple of guys there Mr.Prabhakar ( Service advisor). Mr.Prakash ( Body shop manager) who can help you out.
Quote:
Both workshops was HOT with no AC running in the blistering Chennai heat
I dont know abouyt ECR but there is a Customer Lounge is Ambattur which has a A/C. You could have sat there instead of fretting in the sun . I had a great afternoon nap when i went there for fixing my Bumper after a small scratch.
Old 21st May 2009, 16:01   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post

I dont know abouyt ECR but there is a Customer Lounge is Ambattur which has a A/C. You could have sat there instead of fretting in the sun . I had a great afternoon nap when i went there for fixing my Bumper after a small scratch.
Geeash, Ambattur had the lounge but AC was not running. The generator was running, so probably didn't have enough capacity to run all AC's.

Gears,
Red-One.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks