Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th May 2009, 12:17   #76
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sathya_sc View Post
Yes.. i have no problems getting my family. Would request everyone to confirm the date and time (Myself and Karthik are OK for June 7th - 10 AM).

Regards,
Sathya
I am in for 7th June.

Gears,
Red-One.
Old 27th May 2009, 13:23   #77
Senior - BHPian

ok

Count me in for the party. The game is on.

Are there anybody else who can drive down to chennai who can join the bash?.
Old 27th May 2009, 13:57   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
Count me in for the party. The game is on.

Are there anybody else who can drive down to chennai who can join the bash?.
Great.. So myself(Sathya), karthik, Red-One and Geeash are in for the Linea ECR BASH...

Venue: Blue Lagoon, ECR, Chennai
Date & Time: 7th June at 10 AM.

Perfect! Anyone else interested?

Regards,
Sathya
Old 27th May 2009, 14:10   #79
BHPian

Hey nice to see the chennai folk meeting up to exchange views on their Lineas. Way to go. Surprisingly very few b'lore linea owners are active on the forum.
Old 27th May 2009, 14:16   #80
Senior - BHPian

Pranava. Cant you come down to chennai for a day and join us. We can definitely accomodate you too. It will also be a great drive as the road from bangaluru to chennai is great.
Old 27th May 2009, 16:21   #81
BHPian

hey Ashwin thanks for the invite mate. will definitely think over the idea. All depends on the wife being game. Lets see.
Old 31st May 2009, 14:31   #82
BHPian

Hi,
Let me introduce myself. I am Vinay from Bangalore currently driving M-800...Joined team-bhp a yr back but couldn't follow-up as I was traveling a lot. I did lot of long drives in my 800 and covered almost all big cities in Central + South India by Car (it was before I started traveling).
Now, I am back in town and planning to buy a car in the range of 6-7 Lacs. Wife is in favor of a hatchback but I am impressed with Linea.... Was following team-bhp especially this thread for a past few days and collecting points to convince my Home Minister. She wants to have a look on Jazz/Punto but for me, Linea (Petrol) is making a good move.

I understand from this and other threads that Linea is good comfort car for long drives but Just want to know from the owners, is this car good enough to drive around in Bangalore.

One of my friends told me that the Linea's price has gone down by some grand (compared to Launch Price). Is it true?
Old 31st May 2009, 17:54   #83
BHPian

Hi Vinay,

I sure can understand your concerns. Being from B'lore myself I can tell you that driving the Linea in the city is not an issue at all. It's a pretty city worthy car and comes to it's own beautifully on the highway because of it's handling/set up dynamics. However, having said that, the only issue with it in B'lore is the lack of parking space and to be honest I went with my heart and not mind while picking up the Linea. If only I had known that the Grande Punto was so close to a launch, that would have been my choice.I take out the Linea keeping in mind the availability of parking at my destination, otherwise it's the good old wagon R.

I would recommend waiting for the GP, it's a spacious hatch,class leading boot space (260ltrs), a pretty capable FIRE engine and a fabulous proven diesel.Seems like they might have reworked the gear ratios a tad bit and bettered it's performance on the 2nd gear. Going by a few initial test drive reports seem like a capable car for both the city and the highway. I am sure it will be a driver's car like the Linea but also much more fun to drive and easier to park and to also to find enough parking space for! Check out the GP and then take a call.

Yes the prices seemed to have been upped by a few thousands, however am not sure of the exact amount. Just buzz Concorde or Prerana and I'm sure they will work a good price on the Active/Dynamic variants.The price I bought it for was an introductory price

BTW welcome to team bhp. Enjoy your journey here.

Disclaimer: The lack of parking space in B'lore is a universal concern for any car driver, be it a small hatch or a luxury sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinay.pillai View Post
Hi,
Let me introduce myself. I am Vinay from Bangalore currently driving M-800...Joined team-bhp a yr back but couldn't follow-up as I was traveling a lot. I did lot of long drives in my 800 and covered almost all big cities in Central + South India by Car (it was before I started traveling).
Now, I am back in town and planning to buy a car in the range of 6-7 Lacs. Wife is in favor of a hatchback but I am impressed with Linea.... Was following team-bhp especially this thread for a past few days and collecting points to convince my Home Minister. She wants to have a look on Jazz/Punto but for me, Linea (Petrol) is making a good move.

I understand from this and other threads that Linea is good comfort car for long drives but Just want to know from the owners, is this car good enough to drive around in Bangalore.

One of my friends told me that the Linea's price has gone down by some grand (compared to Launch Price). Is it true?

Last edited by pranava999 : 31st May 2009 at 18:07. Reason: Typos and reformat
Old 31st May 2009, 18:14   #84
BHPian

Hey Pranava,
Thanks for your quick reply. After reading your reply, i lost few point to my wife[]. Well, I agree with your advise and would wait for Punto to take a decision. And I think Punto will be peppier vehicle as it will be lighter than Linea but still. Linea, hmmm, it looks damn good, both inside & outside. I am looking for a Petrol so if Jazz is launched at a competitive price (which doesn't look likely) then only there will be change otherwise Fiat is sure.

And thanks for the welcome. hope I will have a great time and will learn lot of new things about cars and driving.
Old 31st May 2009, 18:41   #85
BHPian

No problemo Vinay. Sorry about the loss of points but that's why I put in the disclaimer.
The GP is also a stunner and yes the power to weight ratio will be a lot better. I m not really a big fan of the Honda badge . I think their cars are overpriced. My perception ofcourse.The Fiat petrol is more than peppy and will definitely better the Linea's incity mileage on the GP again due to its lower weight.
Old 31st May 2009, 20:22   #86
BHPian

I more quick question Pranav.....I hope you have dealt with both Prerana and Concorde during your Linea enquiry...whom you feel comfortable with......I spoke to both but couldn't get any favorable response..... Dealer/workshop is my only concern especially after seeing their non-responsible attitude....Can you please help
Old 1st June 2009, 14:02   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinay.pillai View Post
Hey Pranava,
Thanks for your quick reply. After reading your reply, i lost few point to my wife[]. Well, I agree with your advise and would wait for Punto to take a decision. And I think Punto will be peppier vehicle as it will be lighter than Linea but still. Linea, hmmm, it looks damn good, both inside & outside. I am looking for a Petrol so if Jazz is launched at a competitive price (which doesn't look likely) then only there will be change otherwise Fiat is sure.

And thanks for the welcome. hope I will have a great time and will learn lot of new things about cars and driving.
Yes wait for the Punto, even I am disappointed with the Jazz pricing, wanted to get one for my wife, dosent look like am going to with 8lacs + and no alloys / no fogs, its no value. At the same price you can get a petrol Linea ! or think of the i20, which IMO looks far better than the Jazz, and is a whole lot cheaper. Some might argue about the Jazz engine, but then again, does it really make a difference in bumper to bumper traffic? Like I have said in my previous posts, engine is not everything, then again ..between a Murci and an Enzo ..ahem..Wishful thinking !! ...okay back to reality, Linea and the Jazz.

It would be interesting to see the Punto pricing, should price it right to sweep the market, we all know its a proven car with an excellent engine.
Old 2nd June 2009, 01:28   #88
BHPian

Hi -xplora-,
Thanks for suggestion.
Any idea when is Punto coming out. hope its comes out in June....I can take my decision early.
Meanwhile last weekend, all TV shows - CNB/Autocar show/Owverdrive had detail about Polo....looks a good car but still year away.....
Old 2nd June 2009, 09:45   #89
BHPian

Grand punto launch is on June 17.
petrol: 1.2L, 1.4L
diesel: 1.3L MJD 75bhp
you can check the GP thread in the indian car scene section.
enjoy!
Old 2nd June 2009, 12:53   #90
BHPian

My apologies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sathya_sc View Post
Great.. So myself(Sathya), karthik, Red-One and Geeash are in for the Linea ECR BASH...

Venue: Blue Lagoon, ECR, Chennai
Date & Time: 7th June at 10 AM.
Karthik, Geeash and Redone.. I am extremely sorry to say that there has been huge pressure from my house to go to my native place (Thirunelveli) this weekend.. May be they have become more addictive than me with my car.

I may not be able to join the bash. Please excuse me..

Do carry on this Sunday or if OK we can meet some other time..

Karthik, Geeash and Redone.. Your suggestions please.

Apologies..
Sathya

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks