Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th May 2009, 12:27   #16
BHPian

thanks to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuraliR View Post
wow Jasim ! lovely car- congrats -

so, you booked a Black Diamond and took home a Black Pearl?
Hehehe.. they called it the Black Diamond.. I call it my Black Pearl.. I know.. Diamond, Pearl, etc. But it gives it a Pirates of the Carribean feel with the name. Gotta keep it "Pirate of Cochin" now I guess..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram_NP View Post
Nice detailed review along with good pictures. Black colour looks terrific.

I think yours is 2nd or 3rd i20 in the forum!

How is the space for in the back row, specially for the person sitting in the middle ?
One of my friend pointed out (after a test drive) that it's not comfortable for an adult to sit in the middle?
Guess it was the 1st.. but the review comes a long way down. The space in the back is not at all a constraint. But since the seats are curved to make it comfortable, there might be a little bulge in the middle section. Space wise it is much better than the others in the class and the trip to trivandrum with 3 huge people in the back just about proves it (for me at least)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Congrats Jasim on the new i20. Looks like its the top end model with ABS et.all. And,the black color looks really deadly on it.

Enjoy and drive safe !
One but the top. Its the Asta model not the Asta (O) which comes with curtain airbags. Thats the only difference there is to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
The i20 is looking great. Congrats on your new acquisition.
Thanks man.. *one Black Pearl appreciating another*

Quote:
Originally Posted by akroy View Post
THe other day I saw an i20 on the road for the first time. It indeed looked large compared to a normal hatchback (atleast from exterior). I felt it looked better than i10 in looks.

Congrats on the new possession !! Enjoy your drive. Let me know your FE figures ?

Abhi
FE is around 12.5 Kms/Litre. Have been using Speed fuel since the day I got the car. From the dealership I've heard of people getting 15. But reserving my FE figures till the 2nd service. Should be due soon I guess. Gotta check it though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvldvr View Post
Great review. Black i20 looks a stunner. Will need to put in some work to mantain it though. Speaking from personal experience of owning a blck car.
I am sure i20 is a few notches above all the other cars you had in mind. Hyundai seems to be headed in the right direction.
Cheers and have fun.
Oh tell me about that brother. Maintenance is a pain. No more weekly car washes, more like once every alternate day. Good exercise though.

Hmmm... The car has done 4018 Kms as of today when I reached office. Got to type out a detailed report of the 1st service and the scratches that I have acquired. Lack of time makes me put it off till later. It will be up soon though.
Till then, Keep waiting and Keep driving..
Old 5th May 2009, 14:16   #17
BHPian

Congrats,

quality, built, refinement, looks & interior wise it is the best hatch in India right now (Apart from price).

Enjoy the car.
Old 5th May 2009, 15:02   #18
Senior - BHPian

Jas - congrats to start with !

the i20 looks awesome in this color. I saw a few silver coloured ones but absolutely hated them.

I think black suits it well because i feel the designers have gone a bit overboard in terms of creating too many creases and lines all over the car ( which show up prominently in lighter shades ) but is more subdued in black

i also like the choice of colour in your other car ( the Spark )

do post some more pictures of the interiors, especially the seats ( rear ) and the boot

finally - the all important question - mileage kitna hai ?
Old 5th May 2009, 18:00   #19
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Jas, Lovely review of a nice car. I really like 120 & she looks hot in black
Old 5th May 2009, 18:22   #20
Senior - BHPian

its such a lovely looking car - the i20.
good luck and enjoy
Old 5th May 2009, 19:09   #21
BHPian

Jas,

Amazing car you have there. Congrats!

I have been contemplating a i20 buy but somehow the price keeps putting me off to other cars. I hope I would be able to take one by end of 2nd quarter and I'm going in for the black as well for sure if I take one.

My wife likes the mid-night grey though which looks great as well.
Old 6th May 2009, 11:42   #22
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Crossed ways with an i20 this morning; silver, 1313 number and alloy wheels. In my books the i20 is the best looking hatchback in India.

You should consider after-market wheels & a tyre upgrade. This, combined with the black body colour, will make for a head turner. Congratulations. And do drive safe.

Quote:
Though I would have preferred the 1.4 engine which goes as standard in Europe and would have absolutely loved the 1.6 engine given as optional there.
As would most of us. Hyundai's launching a diesel in the near future. I'd expect a price correction on the 1.2 to accomodate the diesel and a larger petrol.
Old 6th May 2009, 13:43   #23
BHPian

hey Jas.. congrats and do drive safe.. a few of my I-20 frens have said that the 1.2 lts pot (same as the one in i-10) makes the car feel underpowered.. is it so..
Old 6th May 2009, 17:23   #24

Congratulations Jas. Its a lovely car & the color is really good.
I'm in fact booking an i20 within a few days.
I still have to decide the color, that's the only thing that is keeping me from booking the car ASAP.
Old 6th May 2009, 22:03   #25
BHPian

jas...congrats on your i20. (a bit late in the day, i know, but i just got round to this thread).

its a very very well built car. theres no doubt about it. reeks of quality. looking for an exclusive hatch, its a no brainer. i wouldn't even consider the fabia.

my query is, hows the power on tap for highway runs ? what speed were you doing on the trivandrum trip ? and what was the engine rpm at that speed ? i only had a short test drive, and couldn't really open up the test vehicle. however she seemed peppy enough for upto 80 kmph.

i'm more concerned about highway cruising abilities of the car given its slightly lower capacity engine (at least on paper).

kindly do update us all.

ciao and safe riding.
Old 6th May 2009, 22:16   #26
BHPian

Congratulations jas mirage, and a nice choice of color there!!!chip in more of your driving experiences in the long run and keep this thread updated..drive safe.
Old 7th May 2009, 10:24   #27
BHPian

Congratulations Jas on your new car. Black looks very good. I will be getting my Berry Red i20 tomorrow. Will post my review soon.
Old 7th May 2009, 12:59   #28
Senior - BHPian

Jas, congrats on your black pearl, surely looks stunning in that colour. Keep updating and drive safe, post some of rear seats and boot space pics too.
Old 7th May 2009, 18:37   #29
BHPian

a lovely looking car dude!
congratz and enjoy!

i did have a t.d of the i20. it did feel under powered but the comfy and roomy interiors do make up for it.
it certainly is a well built hatch.
Old 7th May 2009, 18:58   #30
BHPian

heii.nice car.(my favourite hatchback).looks good in black. and congrats mate !!
shreyas28 is offline   Received Infraction

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks