Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th June 2009, 14:09   #91
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranava999 View Post
Wow! This thread has seen quite a lot of action from the early 'guess my new car posts. Surprised I did not notice it. Congrats and the car is wonderful.
Thanks very much

Quote:
Loved the travelogue cum review to udipi and beyond. Nice snippets of life in those parts as my dad is from those parts and I recently went there after quite a few years. It's changed quite a bit, lot more development and urbanisation yet I still love the richness of culture, traditions,temples, friendly folks and the quaint old world charm of the villages. However one alarming aspect that I noticed was the rise in the number of those corner street side bars around the temple vicinty etc. Guess the times they are changing now.
I fully agree with you.

Quote:
I was glad that after many years I got to relish the churmuri on car street, udipi. As a kid that was my sole purpose to go to Udipi.
Oh, Yes, i somehow missed this Churmuri. i still remember the summer vacations when every evening we used to have churmuri and soda which used to be filled in a glass bottled and sealed using a glass marble
i miss those fun moments now.
Old 5th June 2009, 19:41   #92
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarVegabond View Post
It is always good to keep some records of having the service done.
it is better to keep the checklist copy for records.
The bill is always there. But the checklist would mention my instructions too, if made! Next time I would demand a copy. There is no photocopy centre near it!

Quote:
yes, as your service center is 50+ KM from your home, it makes sense to wait and go for Quick service, but if you are a busy business man or employeee who does not have 1 day to spare each time for getting the car serviced, then it is better to go for pick up/drop facility.
I have adriver and he takes the Marina for service as it is a local one. He drops it and goes back to get it. If I send him for Honda, all the other family driver needs get disrupted including school runs and the Quick service priority may not be adhered to!
Old 6th June 2009, 17:11   #93
Senior - BHPian

Some (near) Zero Cost feature upgrade suggetions for Honda ANHC

Now i have been driving my ANHC for over two weeks

i have following suggetions to Honda. i think it would take (near) zero additional cost to implement these features

1. In addition to Time, display Date on the ICE panel,
2. Window glass (if open) should automatically shut, when the car is locked using the remote key.
3. Seeking (finding) the car in the parking lot. this function can be added to Remote Key + immobilizer. this would need an additional button when pressed, will make the blinkers on so that the driver can identify the car in a crowded car park.
4. The side mirrors car can not be folded as of now. Honda should provide just a mechanical hinge if electrical control is expensive. This will help in driving the car through very narrow and crowded roads.
5. More powerful High beam lamps for the Rainy Night drives

Apart from this I would like Honda to expand its approved list of accessories to include

1. Tyre Pressure Monitoring Systems (TPMS)
2. Car Refrigirators / cooler boxes (similar to Maruti suzuki)
3. In car mobile and laptop charger

I hope Honda is listening to this / reading this

Does any other ANHC owners have suggetions ?

Last edited by StarVegabond : 6th June 2009 at 17:16.
Old 6th June 2009, 19:01   #94
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
4. The side mirrors car can not be folded as of now. Honda should provide just a mechanical hinge if electrical control is expensive.
They can be folded.

Do you mean a mechanical linkage to fold then both from the inside? Cannot be aesthetic!
Old 6th June 2009, 20:58   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post
Hi,

They can be folded.

Do you mean a mechanical linkage to fold then both from the inside? Cannot be aesthetic!
I never knew the side mirrors can be folded, i rememebr the sales conslutant telling me that they can not be folded.

i know they can be adjysted electrically but can they be really folded ?

i will check once again tomorrow
Old 7th June 2009, 20:11   #96
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
I never knew the side mirrors can be folded, i rememebr the sales conslutant telling me that they can not be folded.

i know they can be adjysted electrically but can they be really folded ?

i will check once again tomorrow
In post no. 74, the 10th photo from the last shows the mirror clearly and I am sure this can be folded. Inspect the mirror first.

My NHC has electrically adjustable mirrors and they can be folded manually.

What the sales consultant must have meant was that they cannot be folded electrically, though they are adjustable electrically - just to be fair to him!
Old 8th June 2009, 08:43   #97
Senior - BHPian

yes, ANHC mirrors can be folded manually. I know this well coz the guy who cleans my car does it occasionally (much to my irritation)
Old 8th June 2009, 10:03   #98
BHPian

Regarding the car scraping her belly on the big speed breakers; provided that there is no traffic , this is what you do. Take her in a cross. i.e. Each wheel goes up on the breaker one after another. Its also what needs to be done when cars are fully loaded. If you try it once, you will find it works in 90% of the cases.
Old 15th June 2009, 18:44   #99
ashwinpak

I used to drive an Accord auto in the US, so when I got back, I decided that I want to buy an auto. After realizing that Fiat will not be bringing any auto Linea or Punto, I decided that the ANHC is the best compromise. I did an extensive test drive last week and was not very impressed. Yes, small is the word, an auto needs a bigger engine. I have driven the i10 automatic and felt that it is terribly underpowered. I thought that ANHC would be better, but that assumption was wrong. In D mode, I always felt that it was driving at least one gear higher. BUT, in the S mode, it was a dream. Not having to meddle with the lever to change gears was a boon.

But, finally I decided against the ANHC because, it was not very inspiring at high speeds. The steering was horrible, the tyres skidded while cornering, and I couldn't help noticing the bad plastics on the dash. The demo car was a 6 month old car, and the dash was looking like it is in a 10 year old M800. Ai gave the feedback to the sales person. He said that Honda has received lots of negative feedback about the dash, and they are changing it by next year. I am willing to wait.

Old 15th June 2009, 18:58   #100
Senior - BHPian

Hi Ashwinpak,

sorry to know that ANHC AT did not meet your expectations. i wish you all the success in your search of your dream / expected car.

regarding my choice of going for ANHC, I have been driving a Palio 1.2 ELX PS
for last 7 years, and Honda 1.5 SMT met all my expectations. for me it was truely an upgrade.

till now i have completed about 2200KM and am very happy with the performance of the car.
Old 15th June 2009, 19:30   #101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takumi-san View Post
Regarding the car scraping her belly on the big speed breakers; provided that there is no traffic , this is what you do. Take her in a cross. i.e. Each wheel goes up on the breaker one after another. Its also what needs to be done when cars are fully loaded. If you try it once, you will find it works in 90% of the cases.
Hi Takumi san,
thanks for your suggestions. my apologies for late response.

actually i knew this technique since last few years. currently i am using this technique to avoid the scraping. i follow the process as below

1. almost dead stop at the speed breakers.
2. on the second gear, slowly cross the speed breaker at an angle, one tyre at a time
3. accelerate only after rear tyres have crossed the speed breaker.

this works fine with single large humps.
Old 15th June 2009, 21:49   #102
Senior - BHPian

I just remembered some more qualitative feedback about ANHC

1. the rear view is not as panaromic as my good old hatchback Palio. this need to be taken into consideration by the hatch back upgraders

2. the front seats can recline to almost 170 degrees. i could sleep with my legs stretched. the comfort was better than the similar one in Palio

3. My 7 year old (4+ feet tall) daughter can sleep very well on the rear seat, in fact she slept for almost 2+ hours during the sunday afternoon when we were returning from electronic city. we actually took multiple stops for some shopping.

4. the rear doors does not have any bottle holders like front doors.
in fact there is one bottle holder in the center console between the front seat as well as the rear middle seat has two glass/bottle holders.

more feedback in coming days...

Last edited by StarVegabond : 15th June 2009 at 21:50.
Old 17th June 2009, 20:49   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joecherian View Post

Man, 2 feet water and City handled it well ? 2 feet = 60 cms = 600 mm. And what is City's GC ? Are you sure you saw 2 feet water ?

My NHC went through 2 feet of water on 26 july in mumbai for over 3 km without any issues.... surprising for this car no???
My new AHNC has GC of 160 methinks still with 4, 70kg ppl in car it has never scraped any speedbreaker. Low GC was an isuue when i was considering the car, but knowing Honda build quality i never had an problem.

Quote:

Now i have been driving my ANHC for over two weeks

i have following suggetions to Honda. i think it would take (near) zero additional cost to implement these features

Does any other ANHC owners have suggetions ?

Some suggestions sir,
1. Lock on Passenger side door
2. Engine coolant inlet to be in a better position.
3. Better noise insulation in Dicky, Bonnet.
4. Side view mirrors folding is must.
5. 2 keys with remote
6. Fog lamps.
7. Mud flaps ...
8. Central lock button on driver side.

Most of these suggestions will be implemented by honda in their 3 year upgrade i think.
Old 17th June 2009, 21:11   #104
BHPian

Most important upgrade needed ASAP is Automatic climate control.
Absolutely love it.
Old 17th June 2009, 22:00   #105
BHPian

Anymore journeys planned Star? WHat happened to the camera upgrade?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks