Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th May 2009, 20:49   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Hi Berry,

One thing I noticed is that your spare wheel is stock, i.e 245/70/16. Just in case you have a puncture in the rear you should move a tire from the front to the rear and put the spare in the front.

The reason is that the Endy comes with Limited slip Differential in the rear and the size difference of the tires on either side will cause make the LSD kick in and try to lock the tire with the larger diameter. Since you have a 4x2 version there is no axles up front so different tire size will not cause any damage but it shouldn't be driven for long like that.

Regarding the rear suspension, I know it is a pain but I would suggest staying away from the Composite Fiber leaf springs since the suspension is basically engineered for a certain vehicle using a number of parameters. The makers of after market leaf springs may not know the right specifications to make it for the Endy. Putting it in an off-road or utilitarian vehicle like Mahindra Jeep or Sumo is one thing. I feel the Endy is an all different animal that has a very powrerful engine capable of doing 160 kmph. It maynot make sense to mess with an aftermarket suspension as it may affect your high speed handling. Unfortunately buying an SUV under 20 lakhs in India is a compromise and the Endy's rear suspension and the Pajero 2.8's underpowered engine is a compromise we will have to live with.

Last edited by 4x4addict : 28th May 2009 at 20:54.
Old 28th May 2009, 23:34   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
Hi Berry,

One thing I noticed is that your spare wheel is stock, i.e 245/70/16. Just in case you have a puncture in the rear you should move a tire from the front to the rear and put the spare in the front.................................

...................... and the Pajero 2.8's underpowered engine is a compromise we will have to live with.

Thanks for the advice brother , I did not know that actually. Also I think in our country we do not have a good SUV even sub 35 lakhs category.
Old 29th May 2009, 01:49   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Actually, I think the LSD maybe only on the 4x4 version so since you have the 4x2, it may not be an issue for you. Please do confirm with your service adviser that the 4x2 doesn't have LSD.
Old 29th May 2009, 02:40   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
Actually, I think the LSD maybe only on the 4x4 version so since you have the 4x2, it may not be an issue for you. Please do confirm with your service adviser that the 4x2 doesn't have LSD.
there is no LSD in 4x2 endeavour, confirmed
Old 29th May 2009, 11:22   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berry View Post
Bad things - Of course the suspension but our friend GTO has a solution , will definitely try that out.
What's the solution?
Old 29th May 2009, 15:34   #21
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
What's the solution?
Linky : Look up posts on the Endeavour.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks