Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd May 2009, 19:54   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crn12 View Post

If i were you I would wait for the PUNTO!!
Punto might possibly a better choice than Palio. I have been waiting for its launch for sometime and I don't see it coming, I lost my patience and had to go for one car. So decided for Palio. I did call up Fiat helpline regarding the launch of Punto, they were not able to give me a definite range of possible launch dates. Secondly, Palio has proven track record in Indian market. while punto will be altogether a new car.
Old 22nd May 2009, 20:28   #17
Senior - BHPian

Red color MJD! What a combination!

It is sure a beau on road!

Did you try to get a cheaper quote for the insurance?
Old 22nd May 2009, 20:51   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
Red color MJD! What a combination!

It is sure a beau on road!

Did you try to get a cheaper quote for the insurance?
I did try to get a cheaper quote, and I got it from ICICI Lombard, but few close circles have adviced me not to go with ICICI Lombard as they have lot of hidden conditions which we normally overlook. I took it from Oriental Insurance.
Old 23rd May 2009, 17:00   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms001 View Post
I wonder how many people have been positively influenced by Architect for buying the MJD. Fiat need to reward him surely
No wonder I was greatly influenced by Architects reviews and reports!I have ended up buying the Fiat MJD Magnesium grey and very proud to own the Italian beauty.Incidentally I also happen to be an architect from Chennai It rules the road!!Thanks Architect,Thanks all members who uplifted the spirit of owning a FIAT.
Old 25th May 2009, 09:09   #20
BHPian

And finally she has come

Quote:
Originally Posted by shantyrocks View Post
congratz dude!
when is it expected?
My Red beauty has hit the asphalt last saturday. Already done with 200+ KM over the weekend. Leaving apart the initial hiccups to get used to this powerful machine, It was a pleasure driving it. Trust me, I was not willing take it off the road and park it in my basement last night. Pics are coming soon. I would be taking her to Calicut coming week end. A round trip of 700+ KM. I have put on a Team-BHP sticker too. I will upload the snaps in next couple of days.

I opted for a pioneer DEH-4190 SD along with JBL speakers. Combo Looks good with my limited budget, it serves the purpose for me atleast . Only sad thing is a very minor scratch on right rear bumper while taking it out of parking lot. All thanks to non-uniformly allotted parking lots and hapazhard way of parking in my complex basement
Old 25th May 2009, 10:05   #21
BHPian

Congratulations.

Its a wonderful car and the more you drive the more you will fell in love with it.

Its rock solid at speeds in the region of 120-140kmph.

Its been 6 months since I bought my SDX and I have already completed 12,800kms on it, in these 6 months all that I have spent on the car is on normal service and on diesel.

Would suggest you to go for a tyre upgrade as soon as you can, this improves the cars handling and braking drastically. Ask Architect about it, he has recently upgraded to YOKO A-Drives, even I have been on A-Drives since past 10000kms.

Wishing you all the best, drive safe and always wear seat belts.

Cheers.
Old 25th May 2009, 10:17   #22
BHPian

The Palio, I reiterate, is an amazingly stable car to drive. I really enjoy driving our Palio here. It sure does feel and drive like a tank. Do post some pictures ASAP.
Old 25th May 2009, 11:55   #23
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations. As I have said earlier, everytime I think the car's been discontinued finally, somebody goes ahead and buys it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubby View Post
Ask Architect about it, he has recently upgraded to YOKO A-Drives, even I have been on A-Drives since past 10000kms.
Tyre upgrade is a must, and do it while they are brand new. I wonder how I drove 21,000 kms on the 165s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms001 View Post
I wonder how many people have been positively influenced by Architect for buying the MJD. Fiat need to reward him surely
I don't want any rewards. For starters, I wish Fiat would fix the dealer VIVEK Automobiles for registering my car with a mis-spelt name and a wrong CC figure. Also for giving me the worst PDI possible. The only positive thing at Vivek was timely (read speedy) delivery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nandalalv View Post
No wonder I was greatly influenced by Architects reviews and reports!
Quote:
Originally Posted by varriers View Post
Architect was the one of the Team-BHPians who has greatly influenced my decision of booking a Palio MJD-SDX.
Thank You! I can see who's going to get flamed, once the troubles start.
Old 28th May 2009, 19:03   #24
BHPian

Hi All,

Thanks you all for your comments and wishes. I am back here to update on my initial 386 KM experience. I have driven through city traffic mostly. Filled my tank till auto cut off at 146 KM on Odo and now it reads 386. Topped up today again till auto cut off and the it is precisely 16.24 Ltrs. With this I have covered 240 KM with 16.24 Ltrs. i.e 14.78/ Ltr. I hope my milege would increase after first service and hopefully Highway milege would be much better. Figures here are with AC ON all time and with HP Premium diesel.
Old 29th May 2009, 10:43   #25
BHPian

I feel the mileage will go up after running in a few thousand kms.. it has nothing to do with first service as they dont do anything major in first service. Also by that time, you will have adjusted well to the car and your driving style will change to the car's behaviour. All this contributes to incresed mileage.

A case to point is my fiesta, where in first mileage check we got 16kmpl and by 1000 kms, we started getting 20-22kmpl (AC on full time). The first service was done at 5000 kms only and the mileage hasnt changed from the earlier figure.

Also there is no need to fill in premium diesel, normal diesels work just fine, as I found out in my fiesta. I think the same will apply to the FIAT engine as well.
Old 29th May 2009, 15:32   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krish3 View Post
Also there is no need to fill in premium diesel, normal diesels work just fine, as I found out in my fiesta. I think the same will apply to the FIAT engine as well.
Normal diesel is just fine for Palio MJD. But you must fill at a trusted pump. If you know such a trustworthy pump then stick to it. Do not experiment around.
Old 1st June 2009, 08:49   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tortoiseNhare View Post
Normal diesel is just fine for Palio MJD. But you must fill at a trusted pump. If you know such a trustworthy pump then stick to it. Do not experiment around.
Thanks for your inputs, I have also posted a note about an HP Pump right next to our place. I have personally went and checked their volume and adulteration test. I could not find any stains on the filter paper and the volume was also spot on. I am using their service from day-1.
Old 17th September 2009, 15:53   #28

hi

My mjd stile cooling fan seems to run all day, mileage is 11 kmpl only in chennai city traffic. I have heard people telling me that they get 14 +, Steering is getting hard they had changed the drive belt etc of the steering column and it has never been the same.
Clutch hardening happens frequently, how does one systematically get all these problems sorted.
Mileage till date is 11400 kms. Purchsed in June 2008

Regards
Old 18th September 2009, 19:31   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coreolis View Post
hi

My mjd stile cooling fan seems to run all day, mileage is 11 kmpl only in Chennai city traffic. I have heard people telling me that they get 14 +,
Regards
Hi,
Mileage depends largely on the traffic conditions. If you could change the time of your travel to avoid congestion you'll definitely improve the mileage. I used to get around 14kmpl in the beginning with around 8000 km on odo. Just by changing my commuting time I am able to get the lower side of 16kmpl. Remember, I still drive in Hyderabad city. Now my odo reads about 16k. Definitely the clutch is hard for one who drives Palio for first time. You'd get used to it. At any rate, check with your *** to see if there is anything unusual with your car.
Cheers

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks