Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th May 2009, 14:23   #16
JRD
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
Welcome to the linea club. I have a linea emotion pack petrol flamenco red. Did ypu finish the first service?. Were not the Rattles from glove box and creaking from driver side A-Pillar and Alignment Issue issues resolved?
Ya first service has been done, car is at 5400kms. These issues surfaced after the 1st service. So have to send the car to get them fixed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirajbose View Post
The car just looks WOW! Congratulations and enjoy the ride!

BTW - I am bit confused about why you opted out from the Ford and went it for the Linea. Some more details might help.
overall as a package the linea was a better option (w features looks and prcie) and plus everyone in the family liked the linea more then the ford. Though i still stand by the ford's amazing driving performance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
good review. what exactly eas the problem with the fuel pump. how did the car behave/how did you identify the prblem. and how was the a.s.s in sorting out the issue.
It was a minor issue. The gasket was defective so when the tank was filled up to the brim, it started to drip diesel. The A.s.s came in within minutes and replaced the gasket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
JRD

Which polish do you use? How do you do it? Can you share more details
I use the same polish Formula 1 wax. I polish once in 2 weeks. I clean the car with a damp cloth first so i dont scratch the surface while removing the dust everyday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neotraveller View Post
JRD,

Even I thought that the pics were from delivery time.
You have to tell us how to do such a polishing!

I have never attempted polishing myself (I am afraid in trying to polish, I might rub too hard and end up with more scratches :( )
Thanks dude.! Thats classified information! lol
Haha if you wear a kada then that might happen but other then that should be a problem
You have a take your time when removing the wax.

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Thats quite an honest review, shocasing your joys and the sorrows. how has the service experience been? What are the service intervals like?
Service has been good. Nothing to complain about.The first service was at 3000km 2nds at 15000km and 3rds at 30000km so 15000km intervals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
What an anticlimax! Glad to know you are enjoying your car.
9.14 OTR ? Is that for a top end model ?
Yup top end diesel.
Old 25th May 2009, 14:49   #17
BHPian

Congrats

Congrats and welcome to the Linea Club.

The car looks stunning. Indeed its the best color in Linea even though I own Minimal Grey. Enjoy the miles with her.

Regards,
Sathya
Old 9th August 2009, 16:16   #18
BANNED

Lovely car. Remove that horrible sticker on the right headlamp.
Old 4th October 2009, 17:21   #19
JRD
BHPian

10000km UPDATE

10000Km UPDATE:
Between 5000km to 10000km here’s what is been going on.
6643Km
-Front Two Tires Replaced under warranty for humming noise and low grip.
Pros:
-Fuel efficiency has settled down to 12.5 to 13kmpl (City) in any sort of driving. On a small trip to nearby temple, got a FE of 19kmpl (Highway).
-Alignment issue has finally been resolved and I have the stability I was looking for. (Courtesy Grande Punto Settings)

Cons/Incidents:
-The Tak Tak sound has peaked to a new level and is pushing me to get in touch with fiat India soon.
-Glove box rattle is still there as well and has developed a new sound even when on a smooth surface.
-Passenger Side Front Seat has become loose and rattles when the car hits a pot hole
-Passenger side front door has a rubber brushing sound while opening
-Wipers need to be checked as they don’t move smoothly.
-Front left fog light is not working.

7000km
- The great national bird of India (Peacock) has ruined the paint on the bonnet and the passenger side A-Pillar. (Will buff it and see what happens)

7433km
-TAK TAK more prominent and total of 11 issues as below:
1. Linea “L” fell off again (Definitely not stolen as the car was under security almost all day).
2. Rattle from the glove box.
3. Creeking and a distinct "tak-tak" noise from the driver side corner of the dashboard.
4. Passenger seat rattles.
5. Handbrake ribbon comes off whenever the handbrake is applied.
6. Seat Adjustment comes down on its own after a few days.
7. Squeaking from left side of the dashboard as well.
8. driver side front fog lamp has stopped working
9. Whenever the car goes over a speed breaker there is a creaking sound similar to the tak tak from under the car.
10. The wipers do not operate smoothly a constant vibration in their movement.
11. Color difference in some panels of the car.
-All the above were notified to Fiat and cc to my TASS. I received a “you will be contacted soon” from Mr. Mangesh. Notified him again and cc to ceodesk again but not replies from any one. My TASS people called and informed that as soon as they receive communication from fiat, they would call me.
-I went to TASS on the weekend as I had a Saturday off. Discussed all the 11 issues with TASS and
diagnosed with the service advisor and dropped the car off. Due to some exceptional work and brilliant customer support by TASS all issues except the seat adjustment, linea L and color difference were solved. As a gesture of good faith, I wrote an email of thanks and recommendation to the CRM and Service advisor at my TASS.
-Seat Mechanism ordered.

8400km
-Blown fuse after a water drive, check engine showed up on the display. It was fixed in 2 hrs and costed Rs100 for the fuse.
-Creaking from front suspension – Dirt in the front bushings – greased and cleaned.
-Still no word from fiat about the logo falling off and the color difference.

8679km
Car hit a deep pothole on the highway and it didn’t sound very good. It was a solid thrash. Anyway a couple of kms ahead I slowed down and was crawling in traffic in 2nd hear and I heard a loud shudder similar to the abs shudder and also some vibration in the clutch pedal and the gear shifter. This was coming from the right hand side (opposite side from where the car hit the pothole). Spoke to the service advisor about it and he mentioned some plate under the car must be bent and causing this. This happens always in 2nd gear when the car is crawling in traffic or slowing down sometimes.

8900km
Creaking sound from the rear right shock absorber every time the car goes over a speed breaker.
Tak-Tak noise was very prominent.
Few other squeaks from dashboard.
Front passenger seat rattling and moving.

8980km
Car went to TASS stayed there for 2 days
-New Seat Height Adjustment assembly fitted under warranty
-Underbody check for damage – shudder fixed
-3M surface protection done Rs 4081 – Decided to get it done as I haven’t had the time to polish the car myself since 2 months and rain damage was quite visible. So rather than putting my blood into polishing it decided the 3M polishing will be quite effective. Scratches courtesy Mr. Peacock have lightened and are not as prominent as before, gloss is back just the way I keep it.
-Tak- tak sound and sound from rear of suspension is under review for tata-fiat.
-Had a chance to speak to a Tata representative about the noises, linea logo and color difference in some panels and the fact that why there was no direct response from fiat to all my mails.
- Linea logo to be replaced with new adhesive one on stock arrival, panels to be painted on approval from tata-fiat and noises will be taken care of shortly.

9411km
-Car is behaving well and no new surprises.
-Reverse gear doesn’t engage very easily after a long drive. Will get it checked on my next visit to TASS.
-Went on a small trip to Dakor and got FE of 16.8kmpl after some spirited driving on the way back.
-The surface protection lasted for 2 weeks and the car was in need of the good stuff especially after the Dakor trip. Since it’s a sunda y today, decided to spend some time on my car and bring to shine again.

I shall let the pictures do the talking:
P.s: Mods please update the title “10000km UPDATE”
Attached Thumbnails
Red Linea Emotion Pack MJD - 10000km Report-dsc_0842-copy.jpg  

Red Linea Emotion Pack MJD - 10000km Report-dsc_0851-copy.jpg  

Red Linea Emotion Pack MJD - 10000km Report-dsc_0864-copy.jpg  

Red Linea Emotion Pack MJD - 10000km Report-dsc_0770-copy.jpg  

Red Linea Emotion Pack MJD - 10000km Report-dsc_0855-copy.jpg  

Red Linea Emotion Pack MJD - 10000km Report-dsc_0902-copy.jpg  

Red Linea Emotion Pack MJD - 10000km Report-dsc_0764-copy.jpg  

Old 4th October 2009, 17:35   #20
BANNED

JRD,

Don't tell me these pics are taken after the car has done 10000 kms. She looks straight out of the Dealer showrrom for delivery. What Gloss man, what gloss

what were color discrepancies? not quite visible in pics.
Old 4th October 2009, 20:43   #21
BHPian

She oozes oomph even after 10K. Gorgeous pictures. Tyre dressing is fabulous. Has any other Linea owner faced the problem of tire as mentioned by JRD?
Old 4th October 2009, 23:22   #22
JRD
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
JRD,

Don't tell me these pics are taken after the car has done 10000 kms. She looks straight out of the Dealer showrrom for delivery. What Gloss man, what gloss

what were color discrepancies? not quite visible in pics.
I knew you were going to say that amit. Infact the pictures were taken an hour before I posted the 10000km update. There is a difference in the fuel lid and the rear bumper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NutsNBolts View Post
She oozes oomph even after 10K. Gorgeous pictures. Tyre dressing is fabulous. Has any other Linea owner faced the problem of tire as mentioned by JRD?
Thanks... I think a few linea owners have infact reported the humming noise issue. Amit(Vahanpujari) has a similar issue.

Last edited by JRD : 4th October 2009 at 23:25.
Old 5th October 2009, 10:41   #23
BHPian

Great Gloss.... is all i can say. The Linea is ageing well (or coming of age !!)

Very good pics and the background colours enhance the presence of the beauty.

A very comprehensive ownership report. Am encouraged by the response of the TASS guys.

Cheers, Sam
Old 5th October 2009, 11:05   #24
BHPian

Wow. The Shine is amazing. My 2nd (half yearly) 3M Polish session is due on 10th oct. hope to get this shine on my beauty too

Also, i would like to also point out that my seat adjustment lever is not working smoothly and there is a tak - tak when i pull it up or down. This hasd started in the laslt couple of weeks. Also when i swerve the car or go through uneven road , there is a Squeak sound from under the Driver Seat assembly. Just like the sound effect in a rocking chair in a horror movie. This sound is very feeble and not very frequent and infact only i been noticing this as i know there was no such squeaks before. I think i need a New seat assembly not just because of the height adjustment issue , but because there is some damage also to the seat adjustment assembly.
Old 5th October 2009, 11:24   #25
JRD
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastLove View Post
Wow. The Shine is amazing. My 2nd (half yearly) 3M Polish session is due on 10th oct. hope to get this shine on my beauty too
Some elbow grease should help to get the gloss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastLove View Post
I think i need a New seat assembly not just because of the height adjustment issue , but because there is some damage also to the seat adjustment assembly.
Get it checked at your TASS. Its probably some plastic piece rubbing against a metal part.
Old 5th October 2009, 11:28   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRD View Post
Some elbow grease should help to get the gloss.

Get it checked at your TASS. Its probably some plastic piece rubbing against a metal part.
Sure Dude . I will do that check soon.
Old 5th October 2009, 14:35   #27
Senior - BHPian

JRD, congratulations on your italian beauty, admiration guaranteed!
The gloss and shine on your car is just superb and of notch finish, like right out of factory.BTW which dealer did you purchased your car, aspi motors or cargo.wish you many happy miles ahead and keep updating.Hows your overall impression with TASS, response from them.do share.
Old 5th October 2009, 14:55   #28
JRD
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijaythacker View Post
The gloss and shine on your car is just superb and of notch finish, like right out of factory.BTW which dealer did you purchased your car, aspi motors or cargo.wish you many happy miles ahead and keep updating.Hows your overall impression with TASS, response from them.do share.
Appreciate it vijay... I purchased my car from Aspi motors. The service has gone from good in the earlier months to outstanding these days. They are quick to resolve niggles, are very courteous and always try to provide the best to the customer.
Old 6th October 2009, 22:14   #29
JRD
BHPian

Just curious does any linea on tbhp have a pete's box installed? I checked out the prices its about 28k. Need for information about the warranty.
Old 6th October 2009, 23:12   #30
UKR
BHPian

Man look at that gloss!! Flawless.

Thanks JRD for the detailed report. I am also having similar issues with my Linea MJD E+ vocal white,

1. Rattling from dashboard left corner, gets severe when accelerating. Its more of a rubbing sound like a brush with metal bristles scratching on plastic. TASS SA said they need to remove the dash board for inspection. I am yet to visit them after that suggestion.

2. Front passenger seems to be having some play, it moves back and forth when traveling on uneven surfaces.

3. Front armrest creaking noise. SA said this standard feature for all Lineas. Requesting inputs from senior Lineans on this issue.

I have been contemplating a new thread to put my Linea experience in detail but, the forum is now so full of Linea threads I am not sure if my thread would add any value. Suggestions on this ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks