Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th May 2009, 17:20   #46
BHPian

damodar congrats on your new vehicle.the colour looks good.enjoy the drive.
Old 30th May 2009, 17:23   #47
BHPian

nice colour yaar!

only the side profile is dissapointing
else the car looks great.
had a test drive and found the pick up to be good.but the turbo kick is more pronounced in my swift DDiS.its not as neck breaking as in the swift.but i found the gear shift to be better than in swift
Old 30th May 2009, 17:40   #48
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on your new car. A nice set of wheels is what is needed.
Old 30th May 2009, 17:56   #49
BHPian

Nice colour. The front and the rear of the car looks great. Only the side profile seems to be a bit wierd. Its got a great engine as well. Enjoy your drive, and do post more pictures of the interiors.
Old 19th June 2009, 22:41   #50
BHPian

First Fe report and more

Hello everyone its been a while since my last post the reason being i did not drive the car in the first 1 week.
The first fill i got 17kmpl with 63km city and 280km highway with one passenger and complete A/C.The highway was the vijayawada hyderabad NH9 which is known for its notorious traffic at any given time of the day or night.The journey took me 6 hours with plenty of gear shifts i used to to the same in 4.5 to 5 hours in my WagonR(which i did intentiionally since this was a run in period). Maintained the the following speeds :

1st 20kmph
2nd 33kmph
3rd 50kmph
4th 70kmph
5th 90kmph.

Filledup at shell bunk rabhavan road.Then did 103 km in crawling traffic of hyderabad with A/C on and never using 5th gear got a very surprising 17kmpl!

The return journey was done with 2 passengers and complete A/C and after coming back did 40 km in Vijayawada. This time got 20kmpl for 333km.

A special mention here is that A/C was never switched of at any given point of time ( its really hot and sultry here with temperature above 40).Only the fan speed was varied or at night very rarely the temperature setting was moved to a slightly warmer position.

+ves of the car till now:

1.Very good turning radius and easy to drive in traffic because of the short bonnet.

2.Good ground clearance for example at steep ramps in basement parking my brothers swift used to scrape its front bumper.

3.Excellent A/C even with a big glass area.

4.Very comfortable seats with good shoulder and underthigh support.My brother who is 6`1 was very comfortable for the 6 hour journey to hyderabad.

5.Good ride quality soaks up bad roads with muted thuds with the stock JK tyres.Tyre pressure at 36 front and 33 rear.The same stretches in a wagonR were unbearable as if i was torturing the car.

6.Very good sound insulation no road noise filtering even while going over broken tarmac.

7.Very good headlights.The truckers were frequently dipping at me.

-Ve are:

1. Braking is not good.Blame it on the tyres but i felt that the engines torque is to be blamed since the momentum of the car is very high.

2.The steering feel is missing its not enjoyable.

3.Body roll in extreme cornering or during an emergency is very bad.Again tyres could be blamed or a certain extent.

4.Very poor rear visibility especially rear left quarter area.

5.Frequent gear changing required in traffic.

6.No temperature gauge.For me its important since i can know when the engine is fully warmed up.
Old 19th June 2009, 23:27   #51

hi everyone...

I just took delivery of a ritz vdi abs 10 days back, I have covered 1050 kms in and around bangalore and would like to share the following notes:-

1. FE:- 1st fill at 450 Kms gave me only 12.80 Kmpl
2nd fill at 950 kms gave me 15.10 kmpl

Driving habits: 100% inside city, A/c on 70 % of the time, done about 100 kms on the ring roads, and the rest inside city roads. Rpm is maintained between 1000 - 2500 rpm due to running in. Have touched 100-110 kms briefly on the NICE road.

Ist service is tomorrow, hopefully FE will pick up to 16-16.5Kmpl

2. ABS - I think it is a must, engine is powerful for such a small car,, and the puny stock tyres sure cannot handle the braking. On a 80-0kmph braking test on the NICE road, i am sure the brakes held and released atleast 10-15 times and stopped quite quickly... even on a curve. Even with abs, i was not fully confident / satisfied about the handling under emergency braking. guess have to upgrade tyres to 195's.

3. One big plus point is the high seating, loads of space, great glass area, short front end with curved / cut corners ensured great manuverability esp inside apartment basement parking lots. Also the ride is not that stiff, it soaks up the bumps etc. On the whole a very comfortable car, economical to run and own etc. That said, its not the car to be in if you want that sporty handling, driving fast into corners , late braking etc, maybe the swift would be more satisfying to drive in such a case.

However as i turn older, i think i made the right choice in the long run!!!
dieselbelly is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2009, 10:40   #52
ada
BHPian

I am going to get zxi delivered today, hopefully being zxi a lot of tire related issues are sorted out. Even after Punto launch I feel that I'am going to have a good car, not flashy, not a stunner, just your average, dependable gal. Will post review as soon as possible.
Old 20th June 2009, 12:11   #53
BHPian

Congrats on the new Ritz!
Wish you safe driving!
Old 20th June 2009, 13:03   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ada View Post
I am going to get zxi delivered today, hopefully being zxi a lot of tire related issues are sorted out. Even after Punto launch I feel that I'am going to have a good car, not flashy, not a stunner, just your average, dependable gal. Will post review as soon as possible.
Congratulations on your new car.looking forward for your FE and feedback.
Old 19th August 2009, 22:14   #55
BHPian

Left rear in air

Took this shot while going over a ramp see how the wheel is 5 inches of the ground with suspension fully extended does it show the chassis rigidity of the Ritz?
Attached Thumbnails
My Baker`s Chocolate Ritz LDI delivered!-ritz1.jpg  

My Baker`s Chocolate Ritz LDI delivered!-ritz2.jpg  

damodar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2009, 22:54   #56
BHPian

Congrats Buddy on the new ride!

The color is very good compared to the others and it really suits well with the car.

Just one question - How is the leg room for the passenger at the back when your brother is siting in the front seat?

Kindly let us know the rear sear comfort as well in this car.
Old 19th August 2009, 23:37   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsaLove View Post
Congrats Buddy on the new ride!

The color is very good compared to the others and it really suits well with the car.

Just one question - How is the leg room for the passenger at the back when your brother is siting in the front seat?

Kindly let us know the rear sear comfort as well in this car.
Rear seat comfort on long drives is good for people upto 5'8 height.The backrest in the rear seat is taller than in swift so it supports very well.If my brother is seated in the passenger seat the person behind him can be comortable if he is of below 5'8 height.I feel when someone tries the back seat of the ritz for the first he may feel lack of legroom say compared to vista but if you travel in the car for some time you will find the excellent under thigh support because of the higher seat base and a good back rest angle will surprise many.
Old 20th August 2009, 00:40   #58
BHPian

Cool man! All glimmering and shiny. More attractive than I found it at first
Old 22nd November 2009, 14:15   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by damodar View Post
Took this shot while going over a ramp see how the wheel is 5 inches of the ground with suspension fully extended does it show the chassis rigidity of the Ritz?
and whats your opinion regarding that, do share.
Old 23rd November 2009, 12:14   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijaythacker View Post
and whats your opinion regarding that, do share.
I feel that chassis is very stiff compared to a swift, if the same after market suspension of the swift and wider tyres can be fitted it will be a good handling car.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks