Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th November 2023, 02:39   #2356
BHPian

Re: Honda Jazz - 12+ years!!

Wow your car looks neat. The headlights look crystal clear. Are the pictures from the delivery date?

This car really is a gem and is under appreciated. No other car comes close in terms of space management and fun to drive (relative to the price). The Honda steering of that era feels perfect as well.

Do keep the car as long as you can. They don't make such cars anymore.
omar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th November 2023, 10:26   #2357
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by omar View Post
Wow your car looks neat. The headlights look crystal clear. Are the pictures from the delivery date?

This car really is a gem and is under appreciated. No other car comes close in terms of space management and fun to drive (relative to the price). The Honda steering of that era feels perfect as well.

Do keep the car as long as you can. They don't make such cars anymore.
Are the pictures from the delivery date? - Heh Heh - No Taken few days ago. But thanks!!

When I look at this vehicle, I get reminded of the movie titled, "There is something about Mary" - Except that, here it is, "There is something about Honda Jazz"!!

I still feel if the car had the following 4 features / options it would have been the near perfect car:
a. 1500 CC option
b. Auto Air Conditioning
c. Auto Door Locks
d. GC of 185+ mm
aaren is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th November 2023, 22:36   #2358
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaren View Post

I still feel if the car had the following 4 features / options it would have been the near perfect car:
a. 1500 CC option
b. Auto Air Conditioning
c. Auto Door Locks
d. GC of 185+ mm
The car did have the 1.5 litre engine offered in the international markets. They even had a sport version of the car (Fit Sport).

I think they didn’t offer it here due to the concessions available for 1.2 litre cars.

A 1.5 litre engine can be retrofitted on to the car. Have seen a few in India do it to the Jazz and Brio.
omar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2023, 18:52   #2359
BHPian

Re: Review: 2nd-gen Honda Jazz

Congrats. Our Jazz is into it's 3rd year now and good as new even though it's in an open parking area in the hot climate of chennai! All your points are very valid. Honda made an excellent VFM premium and super spacious hatchback with all round Quality fit finish and a decent "family" engine...it's a shame they discontinued it. My cribs were only on tad lower GC that scraped the obnoxious speedbreakers more than the Honda City. Plus missing out on adjustable headrests at rear and rear ac vents was a disappointment
venbas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2023, 19:41   #2360
BHPian

Quote:
Are the pictures from the delivery date? - Heh Heh - No Taken few days ago. But thanks!!

When I look at this vehicle, I get reminded of the movie titled, "There is something about Mary" - Except that, here it is, "There is something about Honda Jazz"!!

a. 1500 CC option
b. Auto Air Conditioning
c. Auto Door Locks
d. GC of 185+ mm
This is a car that i was privileged to own. I cannot express how perfect it was, and how easy it was to upgrade lacking features.
Damn safe as well, when I had an accident on the Expressway just after lockdown#1.

I hope this remains in your garage for as long as it can, because when you part with it, it will hurt!
Old 24th November 2023, 22:43   #2361
Senior - BHPian

What a lovely example of a lovely version! The Jazz X was the pinnacle of the Jazz for our market, with its first world packaging. A car I had a good hard look to own as my first car but it was not to be. It is amazing how retrograde and characterless the so called next generation Jazz was made to be (Gosh! Honda)

Magic seats and timeless design aside, I suppose the Jazz X had a contemporary feature list too.

Last edited by GeeTee TSI : 24th November 2023 at 22:45.
GeeTee TSI is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2023, 07:48   #2362

Quote:
In 2011, I bought Honda Jazz X edition and after a lot of thought process and learnings from this very forum. .
Great to know that you have completed 12 years of ownership. I also owned 2012 model Jazz XMT but sold off the same in 2019 due to unfortunate turn of events. The vehicle was absolutely an eye candy for the onlookers and quite a head turner. Also it had really premium interiors and great space (4 passengers can be easily seated inside along with the driver).However 1.2 l engine was an underperformer and really felt underpowered particularly hilly drives and on highways.
VBHYD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2023, 19:23   #2363
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venbas View Post
Congrats. Our Jazz is into it's 3rd year now and good as new even though it's in an open parking area in the hot climate of chennai! All your points are very valid. Honda made an excellent VFM premium and super spacious hatchback with all round Quality fit finish and a decent "family" engine...it's a shame they discontinued it. My cribs were only on tad lower GC that scraped the obnoxious speedbreakers more than the Honda City. Plus missing out on adjustable headrests at rear and rear ac vents was a disappointment
Mine being an older version, it has proper headrests instead of the built-in headrests.
Old 6th December 2023, 19:25   #2364
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VBHYD View Post
Great to know that you have completed 12 years of ownership. I also owned 2012 model Jazz XMT but sold off the same in 2019 due to unfortunate turn of events. The vehicle was absolutely an eye candy for the onlookers and quite a head turner. Also it had really premium interiors and great space (4 passengers can be easily seated inside along with the driver).However 1.2 l engine was an underperformer and really felt underpowered particularly hilly drives and on highways.
If am not mistaken you have travelled extensively using Jazz. I used to follow those posts! If it had an option of 1.5 engine, it would have been perfect!
Old 6th January 2024, 11:38   #2365
BHPian

Is there a recommended alternative to 10W-40 for the Engine Oil for this 2nd Gen Jazz?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks