Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th June 2009, 14:53   #46
BHPian

Great review!
You have correctly exposed the wrong pricing bracket of this vehicle. I still couldn't understand the target-group for this.
May be, it is only the very casual, fanciful buyer, who will go for the Jazz at the current price. Otherwise, most features that this vehicle offers is available in competitive vehicles, and more at a far lesser price.
Jazz looks cool, no doubt. But people in any bracket still look for VFM products.

I feel, the Honda guys may not really enjoy the theme of this write-up which, while praising also exposes the undoing of this product. and hence, no question of putting it up in their show-rooms.
The target the Honda group is imagining, may not really exist.

Last edited by Blwetorch : 15th June 2009 at 15:12.
Old 15th June 2009, 15:53   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blwetorch View Post
Great review!

I feel, the Honda guys may not really enjoy the theme of this write-up which, while praising also exposes the undoing of this product. and hence, no question of putting it up in their show-rooms.
The target the Honda group is imagining, may not really exist.
They could very well edit some part of it.
Old 15th June 2009, 16:54   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
So we were out car testing since we are in the market for a new car. Cross the Honda showroom at Jubilee Hills and wife sees a huge banner for the Jazz and slams on the brakes.

She wants to check out the car- I am like"no dear, this car is really overpriced, and I dont care if it has the big H, it is not worth 8.5L OTR- why dont we drive down a bit more to the Hyundai showroom and check out the i20 (my mind is already doing hte math and is gleeful at the 2L saving potential).

But when was the last time a guy won an argument with his wife. So, being the dutiful husband, I truged into the honda showroom with a frown on my face.

The sales man must have sixth sense or something because he cleanly ignored me and started to show my wife a red Jazz, explaining all features and promptly arranges for a TD car. I refuse to go for a TD since I am well and truly pissed off now, so my wife goes for a short spin, comes back and tells me- I want this car.

I am like" are you out of your mind? this damn thing costs more than an SX4 zxi- I dont mind spending the money, but not on this under equipped confused looking mini MPV-ish hatch." All this while I was deriving perverse pleasure from seeing hte salesman squirm with me trashing the car.

So we left the showroom, with my wife and I arguing all the way home (yes, we did not go to Hyundai), and this saga aint over yet.

But this set me thinking- Honda may be onto something here. The Jazz has been designed as a car to appeal to the fairer gender and that may end up driving a significant number of sales.

For sure, no self respecting guy will (or should) conside rthe Jazz for himself IMHO, there are many better options available at the same price or at a slightly lower price.

just my two cents.

Nice review! You may have a point there, when you say that the product may be targeted at the ladies section. But then, it is too much of an assumption, almost hinting at under-estimating the fairer sex. Hmmm.............dangerous game!
Old 15th June 2009, 17:10   #49
Senior - BHPian

you know,you are good poet.finally you JAZZed all of us.
Old 15th June 2009, 17:59   #50
Senior - BHPian

Jazz sure is a great car. I however believe, it will be more popular with the fairer sex. I for once cannot see my self driving the car. It is too feminine. If I can spend a whopping 7 lacs on a mini Innova ( that is how I see it), I would rather spend it on a Fiesta/ Sx4 or spend something extra and go for a Safari/ Scorpio.

The Jazz is too much of a "Chikna" for me. An appliance more than a car. But a large number of people think otherwise, and that is what will make this car sell.
Old 15th June 2009, 19:03   #51
BHPian

Great Write-up Kaushik!

Anyways I would never buy A jazz at that price, I Would buy an SX4 ZXI. And if I want another hatchabck I would buy an i20 for 2L less.
Old 15th June 2009, 21:44   #52
BHPian

jazz personified.. wow!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushikz View Post
Back-bench slackers like me, would vividly remember the school Prefect.

ps: No pictures. Shots I clicked are inadequate when compared to the detailed ones clicked by GTO.
Awesome write up, I bet even Honda would not have praised the good things about the jazz so beautifully. Could not resist reading the whole part even though I had read GTO's review and some 100+ comments on that thread.
Old 15th June 2009, 21:49   #53
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations Kaushikz

Welcome to TBHP Kaushikz. That is a great review. You tell it as it is. Bouquets and brickbats fly in equal measure.

I loved your turn of phrase, subdued humour and envy your insights into the cultural background of a product.

Cheers,
Old 16th June 2009, 21:10   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrag View Post
Hey, nicely written. Much, much better than those "sponsored" reviews.
Could you kindly elaborate?
Old 16th June 2009, 22:03   #55
Senior - BHPian

I like your style of writing Kaushik. Well written review.
Old 17th June 2009, 11:42   #56
BHPian

First up, awesome review kaushik. One of the most enjoyable reviews that I've ever read.

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
So we left the showroom, with my wife and I arguing all the way home (yes, we did not go to Hyundai), and this saga aint over yet.

For sure, no self respecting guy will (or should) conside rthe Jazz for himself IMHO, there are many better options available at the same price or at a slightly lower price.
@himanshu -- I would like to see the conclusion to your saga

And personally, I really like the Jazz, I checked it out the day it came out and I thought Honda had a winner there. It is a supremely comfortable (space is as much as, if not more than the ANHC) and practical vehicle albeit at a price. And I guess that is the premium that you pay for the Honda quality and refinement. Also, something that Honda does right is the intangibles -- be it the badge or the whole "I want" feeling that you get -- I feel Honda has the Indian psyche figured out better than the others and knows what will make people drool (except for the price of course).
Old 17th June 2009, 17:08   #57
BHPian

Brilliantly written review and one of the best I have ever come across.
Congrats and looking forward to seeing more posts from you here!
Old 17th June 2009, 19:33   #58
BHPian

You don't need pictures with a review that paints the perfect picture for you. Thank you for composing and posting that masterpiece. Here is a review that puts me in the drivers seat, lets me experience the car, its quirks, its failings and its merits. I can feel the seats, the engine note and certainly don't come away feeling I still need to go down to the friendly neighbourhood Honda showroom to experience it myself. You are a writer that connects with your readers. Ultimately, owning and driving a car is an experience beyond the nuts and bolts that beaver away under the hood and you have managed, successfully, to present the Jazz experience.

Please do post more reviews, of new cars, old cars, dead cars, or anything your heart desires.

Cheers!
Old 17th June 2009, 19:51   #59
BHPian

One of THE BEST reviews I've read on TBHP. Thanks for the brilliant write up. A person reading this review(excluding the pricing part) would blindly go for the Jazz.
Old 1st July 2009, 16:17   #60
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Could you kindly elaborate?
Sorry, missed this. Which part of my post did you not understand sir?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks