Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th July 2010, 11:47   #856
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
Unni - good you back in action !
I hope nowadays you are not driving your fiesta to your native place since you got your family in Bangalore? And no more driving to the 'border' and your fiesta may be feeling sorry (and sleepy all the time except for the bangalore traffic run?)

How much kms on the ODO now?
Thanks Nair Saab. Drives are much more restricted now!! I'll update my ownership thread shortly. Odo at 39650kms now. Lets not hijack/off-topic on Shaju's thread
Old 7th July 2010, 13:32   #857
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unni.ak View Post
Do not adjust air mid way. Check when tire is cold
Exactly my opinion, because I too believe in filling or adjusting when the tire is cold. About the Chennai drive, I am single and available anytime .

Extended warranty: How many of you have taken this ? My 1 year warranty expires in 2 weeks and I have been getting SMS reminders from the dealer too. Should I take it ? Is it really needed ? Reasons for this question;

1) I would prefer a reliable friend's place for minor scratches, paint touch up and all such minor works, which are anyway not covered under warranty. Or is it covered ?

2) I believe Ford parts are available to the small workshops that do not charge a bomb for labour. I see many premium cars too getting serviced.

3) My previous Ford service centre experience (left door change) was not satisfactory and I found the work way below any 'road-side' standard. Distance to the body-shop made it all the more painful.

4) Reporting of a bad body alignment at the window area was not attended and I was left with no choice than going through the same process of delivering the car and collecting it another day far from home, which made me drop the plan.
Old 7th July 2010, 13:40   #858
Senior - BHPian

If you ask, I would say EW is required.
I have taken 2 years EW which means I have total 4 years warranty from Ford.
As you said above, small things can be attended by small workshops but what happened incase you have to replace any part (sometime it can be an expensive item?).

According to Ford, EW give coverage for mechanical/electrical breakdown and as such the dealer has to repair or replace any part found defective with a new part without any cost(parts or labour) to the owner.
Old 7th July 2010, 14:03   #859
BHPian

Shaju, how come your warranty expires now? IIRC, I got with 2 yrs warranty (may have been some package deal) + 3rd/4th yr EW was separately taken for around 9.5K.

Each yr EW is what, something like 5K...if so, better take it. While denting/painting etc is related to skilled labor and hence can vary from place to place, it is the material cost covered under the warranty that matters.

Will insurance cover repairs done at roadside/unauth a.s.s?
Old 7th July 2010, 14:05   #860
Senior - BHPian

sanjay, nairsaab, I have 1 year extended warranty. 2+1. Any idea if the 4th year extended warranty can be purchased separately and how much it would cost?
Old 7th July 2010, 14:14   #861
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
sanjay, nairsaab, I have 1 year extended warranty. 2+1. Any idea if the 4th year extended warranty can be purchased separately and how much it would cost?
+

I have purchased the 3rd and 4th year EW altogether (when I bought the car),at Rs.8300/-. (they were charging rs.4700 or so for only 3rd year).
Since you have now warranty upto 3 year, I feel they will offer you 4th year warrant only on completion of 3rd year?.
You may also check with your dealer for correct position.
Old 7th July 2010, 16:40   #862
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
...small things can be attended by small workshops but what happened incase you have to replace any part .
Even thats done at small workshops, but you should know the owner or the worker well, otherwise it could be a mess. I know few people whom you can blindly trust. What made me think in this line is my previous repair invoice from Ford. Parts total = 3210, Labour total = 4255. Can you justify that ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayc View Post
Shaju, how come your warranty expires now? IIRC, I got with 2 yrs warranty ......Will insurance cover repairs done at roadside/unauth a.s.s?
Good you asked me that, I got a wrong idea by checking the SMS reminders that were send to me by the dealer. Its infact 2 year warranty with the delivery. Reminders are send for the 3rd year extension which can be done within the 2 year time. So that confusion is cleared.

Now how about the insurance part if work is done at the road-side guy. Thats something I need to check and clarify. Is there any insurance rule that the claim is sanctioned only if the authorized service center has to do that work ? I dont have any booklet or a detailed 'fine-print' of the insurance company (Bajaj Allianz getting expired in 2 weeks).

Another important thing I forgot to mention in the previous post: I renewed my Fiesta insurance with ICICI Lombard for Rs.20139/- yesterday.

First year it was insured with Bajaj Allianz and I claimed Rs.6000/- few months back. While trying to renew it online, it showed vehicle IDV Rs.526276 and a premium of Rs.22864 as I had no bonus for renewal. First year premium was only Rs.17867/-. So, I wanted to crosscheck with ICICI as I have my 2 wheeler insurance and previous car insurances with them.

ICICI showed vehicle IDV Rs.534650 (which is more) and a premium of Rs.20139 (which is less). I didnt think twice, I renewed it with ICICI. Now I need to keep only 1 number for all my insurance needs. Not very sure how the ranking goes on the quality of service. I am here to check it out.
Old 7th July 2010, 18:11   #863
Senior - BHPian

Shaju - incase if the part cost is much more (say something very expensive item),then you will have to pay from your pocket.

Also I havent seen anywhere they specify 'authorised garage' for insurance claim but definitely you will not get cashless settlement.

What they says:

-for all garages other than preferred garages, you are required to settle the bill
with the workshop abd submit bills alongwith the documents to the nearest
bajaj allianz office for re-imbursement as per surveyors report.

-Incase you prefer the workshop of yours choice then BA cannot assure special
benefits such as cashless settlement, quality repair, maximising compensation and
other benefits decided by the company or the preferred garages from time to time.

above is terms of BA. Since you have insured with ICICI, you may check the policy
for details.?
Old 8th July 2010, 12:54   #864
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Since you have insured with ICICI, you may check the policy for details.?
Nairji, my new policy will be in effect from 22nd July 2010, also I have requested for a physical copy of the policy and conditions. I will update on that as soon as I get them by courier.

The doubts to be clarified:

1) Will the insurance company cover the cost if repairs of any kind are done at place of our choice ? Speaking to the ICICI lombard customer care might clear this doubt.

2) Accessibility of the original Ford parts to the local workshops or garages. Interacting with my contacts (workshops and mechanics) will solve this doubt too. Will do the homework this weekend and update.
Old 8th July 2010, 13:11   #865
Senior - BHPian

imo, you can carry out the repair at any workshop but you or the workshop has to
arrange the insurance surveyor for the damage survey. Pay the workshop first and then submit the claim to the insurance company who may take time for settlement.

When I had my Maruti estillo, the initial insurance was from Maruti/national insurance.
after one year I changed on my own to national insurance (the office is near to my house). Once there was minor accident and I need to change left side mirror and some painting on the left side door etc. Eventhough I handed over the Insurance certificate to the maruti workshop, they asked me to pay by cash since the insurance was not arranged by them. The total bill was something like Rs.6400 or so.
After 4 months I got a cheque from National Insurance (the same office where I renewed the insurance) for Rs.3750/-.
Had I continued with maruti insurance, I neednt to pay the money in advance also they might have arranged better coverage?
These kind of difficulties may arise when we arrange our own repair shop!
Old 8th July 2010, 13:26   #866
Senior - BHPian

Nairji, I agree 100% to all what you said. Sometimes we are so fed up with the traffic and the crowd, we somehow want to get things done near our home, where we dont care about the money but the time. For me, Time is Money in all its senses. A silly 60 seconds could make or break my whole day. Hope you get my point.

I dont mind paying things in cash if I can save the trouble of going to a far away service centre 3 times and get a crappy 'branded' service.
Old 8th July 2010, 13:33   #867
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
I have requested for a physical copy of the policy and conditions. There is a pdf document on lombard website for your reference, the physical policy copy would not be different. I have attched the link below.

The doubts to be clarified:

1) Will the insurance company cover the cost if repairs of any kind are done at place of our choice ? Speaking to the ICICI lombard customer care might clear this doubt. Nothing is mentioned in the policy document. Only thing that needs to be verified is whether cashless settlement is possible at such places which Nair sir in his post has refuted.

2) Accessibility of the original Ford parts to the local workshops or garages. Interacting with my contacts (workshops and mechanics) will solve this doubt too. Will do the homework this weekend and update. Doubt this unless the local guys source it directly from Ford which until now was the monopoly of the Ford dealer
http://www.icicilombard.com/content/...age-policy.pdf
Old 8th July 2010, 13:52   #868
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Nairji, I agree 100% to all what you said. Sometimes we are so fed up with the traffic and the crowd, we somehow want to get things done near our home, where we dont care about the money but the time. For me, Time is Money in all its senses. A silly 60 seconds could make or break my whole day. Hope you get my point.

I dont mind paying things in cash if I can save the trouble of going to a far away service centre 3 times and get a crappy 'branded' service.
+
Time is Money - Perfectly correct.
That means you are not worried about the payment so it is better to stick to your known/nearest workshop, instead driving the car through the heavy traffic and then explain so many things to the workshop(ford)etc.
And incase you want to see the progress of the work in between, again you need to commute all these distance. Finally another trip to bring the car from the workshop

Only saving from EW will be costly spare part replacement ( if same is required by chance) in which case you need not to pay since warranty will cover the cost and labour. ?

Or alternatively, you can buy another one year EW (may rs.4500 or so).
and for minor issues/repairs etc you can go to you nearby workshop and if anything major/expensive part replacement etc then go to FORD and use the EW facility?
Old 8th July 2010, 14:12   #869
BHPian

IMO, insurance settlement might not be possible with any roadside garage/workshop..it must belong to list of authoized wokshop...think on the lines of mediclaim, only approved list of hospitals claim will be applicable...cashless or not comes later. Do they allow treatment with your roadside quack? Not an expert on this, just my thought.

For insurnace, did you go entirely by what website has to say? IMO, you should have gone thru some agent...these agents get huge commision, and mostly they will part with a %age of the same to clinch the deal. My new vehicle insurance with New India was for 20K. Even without noclaim etc, for the next year it should come down to <16K easily I think. You are right about Time is Money thing...you gotta invest some time in shopping around and save serious money, dude!

Gilead, 4th yr should come around 4.5-5K - maybe couple of hundred more if not taken at the time of purchase. However, ensure be take the same couple of months before your 2 year or 3rd EW expires..more delay means more damage to the wallet. EW is transferrable to new owner in case you are selling it off.

Last edited by sanjayc : 8th July 2010 at 14:16.
Old 20th July 2010, 18:58   #870
Senior - BHPian

3rd Paid service Done

Finally that day also came and passed ! Sadly its supposed to be a 20000km or 1 year paid service but with an ODO at 5600. I am not feeling sad about the ODO but the thought if service was required at this ODO. Although I checked the possibility of postponing it atleast until the ODO reaches 10k mark, service engineer talked about the warranty part getting affected if its not done per company instruction. Anyway here are the details;

Air Filter: 240
Engine Oil Filter: 115
Engine Oil: 706
-------------------------
Above things total: 1061
Labour total: 1046
VAT 13.50%
Service Tax 10%
Edu cess

Final bill paid: 2400/-

It came back from the service as a sparkling beauty inside and outside. It had a rubbed up left back tire area gifted by the Mantri mall multi layer parking and few hair lines here and there which were all touched up perfectly. Overall, very happy with the Metro Ford service centre at St.Mark's road. I opted for the pick up and drop like the previous 2 services. It was the same driver right from the 1st service, giving 100 marks to them for everything.

Will update the latest mileage figures in few days. For the first time in 1 year, I have decided to stick to Shell Normal and check the difference.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks