Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st July 2009, 15:17   #106
Senior - BHPian

Gosh, what a lousy guy that was!! My experience with Mody Ford was quite pleasant all along.
Old 21st July 2009, 17:31   #107
Senior - BHPian

Now its the right time to talk about the engine running-in topic. I have gone through the thread related to this. There are plenty of advises on the web too. Here is one which I find very different and totally contradicting to all the traditional believes including directions from dealers/brochures. Break In Secrets--How To Break In New Motorcycle and Car Engines For More Power

Can our ford owners give some tips ? Many manufacturers claim their cars to be already run-in at the assembly line itself. How true it is ! So, are we supposed to maintain below 2500 RPM as a common opinion upto 1000 km or more ?
Old 21st July 2009, 21:00   #108
Senior - BHPian

Interesting link!!

I acted according to the advice on this forum and did not cross 2500 rpm for the first 2000 kms---though I did cross upto 3000 on a very few occasions, but only momentarily.

It is upto you to take care of your new car.
Old 21st July 2009, 21:24   #109
BHPian

i had kept 2500 rpm till 1.5k on the odo and then upto 3000 rpm till 2.5k on odo and then it was a full charge ahead!!

im really waiting for the pics.morello or paprika red were my only choice of color but morello was cut off the list just cause the dealers told ther would be a big delay for that color and i wouldn't be able to get the discount offer available then.
my experience with the ford dealer was smooth even if there was a delay of 2-3 days
Old 22nd July 2009, 12:23   #110
Senior - BHPian

The above engine-running-in link not only stresses the full acceleration on 2nd, 3rd and 4th gears but also gives equal importance to engine breaking on empty stretches without causing trouble to people around. Its all to be done within first 40 miles. So, I really doubt how many people get their ODO below this from the showroom to do this process by oneself. I was ready to test this process, but I am sure my ODO on delivery will be defenitely 50km or around. Will update on that tomorow, the D day !
Old 22nd July 2009, 13:11   #111
Senior - BHPian

Why 50 on the odo---for a new vehicle? Is the showroom far from the stockyard?

Mine was around 10 when I took possession.
Old 22nd July 2009, 13:32   #112
Senior - BHPian

Shaju, congratulations for almost making it through the ordeal.
I have to say I had a fantastic experience with the sales guy in Delhi when i got the car, absolutely opposite to the , uh gentleman you seem to be dealing with. Thankfully post tomorrow you would not have to see his face again. During the feedback, please do share your experiences with this guy.

All the best bro, do share the pics and review with us. In the meanwhile I am in the process of converting another friend of mine into a Fiesta owner (not that it takes long if the guy loves cars and takes a test drive of the Fiesta petrol)

Regarding the running in, I kept my Ikon under 2500 RPM for 1.5 K kms and under 3K for another 1K kms. Gear changing at 2k RPM.

Last edited by sammyboy : 22nd July 2009 at 13:34.
Old 22nd July 2009, 13:40   #113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
So the PDI was done today...... I am thinking of 23rd, Thursday morning. Until then, the waiting continues. It will be a full month on 24th July from the date of booking.
At last!!! Been away a while and was looking for your thread. Good to see that its all coming together now. As the adage goes, better late than never.
Old 22nd July 2009, 13:50   #114
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Why 50 on the odo---for a new vehicle? Is the showroom far from the stockyard?
Showroom is atleast 15 kms from the stockyard. ODO was already showing 11 km when I visited the stockyard yesterday. They were cleaning it for delivery to the showroom as we left the area. Again RTO is around 7 km from the showroom. I dont know if they take the vehicle to the RTO or some officer visits the dealership for signing papers. Maruti dealers usually do that when there are more vehicles on the same day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
Thankfully post tomorrow you would not have to see his face again. During the feedback, please do share your experiences with this guy.... do share the pics and review with us.
Thanks. Yes, post-tomorow we may not need him. I am sure of giving a sincere feedback. Humanitarian and sentimental reasons, I may not go beyond that, let them also live ! After all we cant expect every sales person to be smart like you and me ! I am against harming anyone, otherwise I had enough reasons already to get him fired from there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unni.ak View Post
At last!!! Been away a while and was looking for your thread. Good to see that its all coming together now. As the adage goes, better late than never.
True. This waiting was a real test of patience. I can gurantee I am not mature enough to wait for a 3 pointer or BMW. I might go mad waiting like this.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
I personally want to test the hard-running-in of the engine. But it depends on what ODO figure I might get on delivery. And pictures, ha ha, you will warn me 'Please stop posting pictures' !

Last edited by shajufx : 22nd July 2009 at 13:52.
Old 22nd July 2009, 14:14   #115
Team-BHP Support

Shaju, is the car ready for delivery today? I suppose you chose not to accept delivery today.
Old 22nd July 2009, 14:24   #116
Senior - BHPian

No buddy, as of 1 pm, they are typing the invoice '1 letter/number per minute' basis . Yes I chose not to take delivery today because someone told me eclipse day is not a good omen. Also, reverse sensor, steering wheel cover and sunfilm works are to be done. I have told the sales guy to complete everything by tonite, so that I can take the delivery tomorow morning. Not speaking much of it, because I dont want to invite another frustrating day ! You know the situation, cant trust any of these guys, even if things are written and guranteed on a paper. My second email to the Ford MD is ready, hope I dont have to add more points to it from now.

This thread sounds like a comedy serial by now ! Sorry guys !
Old 22nd July 2009, 14:49   #117
BHPian

i went through this thread and here are my thoughts.

some sales people are just idiots or even plane lazy.

but its surprising that ford can deliver a fiesta!!! on time. one month has gone by. most people would have canceled the delivery.

this shows your love and affection towards the car. you really love her don't you!

also my 2 cents on steering cover issue. i think the fit and the finish of factory fitted leather steering would be much better. you said that they put the sxi version steering instead of the zxi. i think that would be worth the price if they have that perfect feel finish. aftermarket leather steerings are not perfect and look bulky. thats just my opinion.

waiting for pics. hope you have a good experience on delivery!

congratulations bro for great colour(morello) and an awesome car.
Old 23rd July 2009, 00:07   #118
Senior - BHPian

Shaju, I feel for you. Just goes to show that what you hear about car salesmen are generally true, irrespective of the brand.
Old 23rd July 2009, 10:57   #119
Senior - BHPian

Shaju, the D-Day has finally come and you must be in the showroom now. I wanted to caution you about installing sunfilm before registration---the RTA might raise objections if it is too dark.
It looks like a new process of registration has started---in my case the car was delivered with temporary registration. I refused to get it registered by the dealer, as he was charging 2K for it----I got it done myself for Rs 400.
Old 23rd July 2009, 14:15   #120
Senior - BHPian

Hey Shaju, hopefully the next post from you would be your delivery experience and pics of the new car . Looking forward to it bro
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks