Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th August 2009, 15:12   #256
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillout View Post
I wanted to use the Aux to connect to my Ipod. Apparently you need a special cable which only 1 Ford dealer has been able to provide.
Yes, its a simple ipod cable which is available in most electronic shops as suggested by few owners. I havent checked it yet, will find out. Dealer price for such things will be always higher, so you could source it from other shops.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raamki View Post
do you know how much the value of the stock tyres go down by, once over 150Kms?
Not very sure of the depreciation, but I am sure you might get any casual quote as they feel like, the more you run, you lose your bargaining power for sure, no doubt. Our friend from Hubli was telling some tire dealers quoted him 1200 for the stock tires, thats too low ! I got the highest as 1800 in bangalore, hope I can try for 2000 per tire. Only option is to cross check with different dealers.

Updates as of today:

The meeting with Ford Regional Sales Manager and Metro Sales Head with another senior staff took place at coffee day 3 hours back. It was a very simple interaction that contained apology, personal assurance on any after-sales needs, appreciation for promoting the good will inspite of my negative experiences in the booking, delivery process. As a compliment I am also promised of an under body coating at the first service. If I say "I am not a happy customer", I would be lying to myself !

A Happy customer is more powerful than 100s of expensive commercial promotions, regardless of the brand or product. As the automobile sector is highly competitive, its the customer satisfaction that wins the crowd end of the day.

Ford RSM also gave me few magazines that contained articles about Ford in general and Fiesta in particular. One is Autobild July 19 2009 issue. If you have missed it, you should check that out. Fiesta S wins the 'Ultimate Handling Test' over every car that is available within 15 laks which is only second to Audi A4 3.2 Quattro while considering higher segments. BMW 3 series comes as the third best fun-to-drive car. Its something every Fiesta owner should be happy about, because we all have the same engine in the 1.6 title.

As I posted yesterday, I am offcourse a happy customer. Its not about the dealer or sales chap but QUALITY OF THE PRODUCT is what matters to me. If our comments and attempts have improved the quality of the dealer, we are all the more happy.

After I took delivery on 23rd July 2009, 7 more fiestas are booked through our forum members and some family circle. Thats defenitely over 60 lakhs at the minimum calculation. Another 3 or 4 are waiting to book too. Its already time to group together and start our 'SHOW OFF" thread by Fiesta owners.
Old 12th August 2009, 19:41   #257
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Not very sure of the depreciation, but I am sure you might get any casual quote as they feel like, the more you run, you lose your bargaining power for sure, no doubt. Our friend from Hubli was telling some tire dealers quoted him 1200 for the stock tires, thats too low ! I got the highest as 1800 in bangalore, hope I can try for 2000 per tire. Only option is to cross check with different dealers.
they finally let us see our car, LOL! I shot a couple of pics, here is where you can find it along with the rest of the story, check it out:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...um-booked.html

About the tyres, well the ODO in my car already shows 61, consider another 15 kms, metro to yeswantpur rto and back should'nt ideally go beyond 15 unless the driver is in the mood to take the vehicle for a ride! that means, almost 80 when i take delivery!!

Have some serious thinking to there and fast!!

Super stuff with the meeting Shaju! Am glad to hear they compensated by offering the underbody coating for your car! Very happy to hear that they are listening to us!! Totally agree with you, its this kind of customer service that's going to make a whole of difference in today's competition!!

You're serious? the S is right up there?? Whoa!! Super stuff, Frank, u listening??

I'll try and get my hand on that article!!
Old 12th August 2009, 21:05   #258
BHPian

Nice to know that you had a fruitful meeting with the Ford Rep and looks like you are all set to take your car for a long drive after you change your tires

Well it is not a simple ipod cable(I should have provided more info on this), the ICE in my car has an Aux button but not a jack. The cable that I am referring to has a special pin on one end that is connected to the HU wiring (not the HU itself) and the other end provides a standard aux jack that can be placed anywhere.

If you could PM me the Ford Reps number, it would be helpful and I will reach out to him

Thanks in advance

[quote=shajufx;1428523]Yes, its a simple ipod cable which is available in most electronic shops as suggested by few owners. I havent checked it yet, will find out. Dealer price for such things will be always higher, so you could source it from other shops.
Old 12th August 2009, 21:43   #259
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You're serious? the S is right up there?? Whoa!! Super stuff, Frank, u listening??!!
Offcourse its there, and its the latest test done (July 2009) considering a wide range of cars in real testing field. And our Fiestas are manufactured in July 2009

Quote:
the ICE in my car has an Aux button but not a jack.
Sorry buddy, nobody could understand your issue from the incomplete post. I was always thinking the Aux in jack is there near the 12V power outlet. So with that jack, its a very simple cable required to play music. I have PMed you the number.
Old 12th August 2009, 21:57   #260
BHPian

Quote:
Well it is not a simple ipod cable(I should have provided more info on this), the ICE in my car has an Aux button but not a jack. The cable that I am referring to has a special pin on one end that is connected to the HU wiring (not the HU itself) and the other end provides a standard aux jack that can be placed anywhere.
buddy, you may want to visit this thread if you have'nt already, the discussion going on there sounds very similar to the issue you are facing:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/produc...x-input-4.html
Old 12th August 2009, 23:07   #261
BHPian

Shaju, thanks for the PM, will let you know the status and it may help other Fiesta owners(prior to 2008) as well with the stock HU

Raamki

Welcome to the Fiesta family....

I have read the thread that you have referred to and unfortunately it does not help ..- For further details pls refer to the below link

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/produc...a-oe-hu-2.html
Old 13th August 2009, 11:33   #262
BHPian

@ Chillout, thanks buddy! read your posts on the link, good luck in getting your issue sorted out with ford, do update us on how it goes!
Old 13th August 2009, 12:28   #263
BHPian

@shaju, buddy i called Red Soul!! was quoted 4000 for the led series and 4750 for the rear view mirror series reverse sensors. He says it comes with a year's warranty, what do you think?
Old 13th August 2009, 15:02   #264
Senior - BHPian

Raamki, your delivery is today or tomorow ? I thought it will be gone to RTO today and ready by evening. BTW, redsoul had quoted me 3500 for their LED model B4 and 4000 for LED model C4, both are with 4 sensors and display (photos you can find in their site). I am against mirror series due to practical reasons. First of all we have very good quality anti-glare rear mirror in the fiesta. When you fit mirror series, our stock mirror goes waste. Also while you reverse, its easier to look at the left ORVM and left dashboard corner (where my display is fixed).

Updates as of today

I have finalised the tire upgrade to Michelin Energy XM1+ in the 185/65/R14 profile. To make the michelins feel more proud on my car, I have also chosen Plati Hyper silver 5 spoke alloys (PY 297). I am getting 1700 per stock tire, will be replacing all tires including stepnee. Alloys will be set of 4, as I dont want to throw more money on it. My total footwear and wheel cost will be 31250 with an exchange value of 8500 thereby grand total of 22750 which I find very reasonable. Advance is paid, the fitting, balancing and allignment will be done on Saturday, 15th, Independance Day. My Fiesta will go for its first photo session this weekend itself. Suggestions, tips, most appreciated !

Special thanks to our own member Nikhil who guided me on tires. Sadly I am not able to take the car to his place which is around 30 kms or more up and down. First I was thinking of doing it from him, but I sadly need atleast 3 hours free time in the off-peak hours to get it done. So, I had to chose the nearest Michelin dealer (Shankar Enterprises, New BEL road) which is just 3 kms from my home. He also deals with Goodyear and Yokohamas apart from most brand of alloys.

Waiting for the side strips saga continues. So far no intimations. I didnt bother to call and check too. Steering cover badly needs a restitching.
Old 13th August 2009, 15:36   #265
BHPian

Quote:
Raamki, your delivery is today or tomorow ? I thought it will be gone to RTO today and ready by evening. BTW, redsoul had quoted me 3500 for their LED model B4 and 4000 for LED model C4, both are with 4 sensors and display (photos you can find in their site). I am against mirror series due to practical reasons. First of all we have very good quality anti-glare rear mirror in the fiesta. When you fit mirror series, our stock mirror goes waste. Also while you reverse, its easier to look at the left ORVM and left dashboard corner (where my display is fixed).
Delivery is later in the evening today! I was hoping to take it tomorrow morning but the sales person is on leave and Saturday being a holiday, if i don't take it today, it'll be idle at the Metro basement for 4 days which i am totally against!!

Chaitanya from Redsoul quoted 4k for both the B4 & the C4 series displays. About the rear view, that's what I thought until he said it's just a clip-on to the stock mirror! I've asked him to bring all the 3 models and will choose the appropriate one on inspection!!

Am still thinking about the upgrade on the tyres! btw, BEL Road is not far away from where my folks stay (Sadashivanagar). Maybe i'll head to the same shop in case i decide to change to alloys as well. So, if it helps, you may want to quote me as a referral and bargain for more discounts?

More or less the same story with the side strips for our car! we were told it'll be on the car at the time of delivery which did'nt happen. Yesterday, "it is coming on Friday sir". Today "it's coming on Monday sir"!!

I'll keep you posted on how the sensors go!
Old 13th August 2009, 15:49   #266
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
About the rear view, that's what I thought until he said it's just a clip-on to the stock mirror! .........So, if it helps, you may want to quote me as a referral and bargain for more discounts?
Agreed, stock mirror is not removed but sensor mirror is clipped on, but dont you think its as equal as removing it. Because as long as the parking sensors are in working condition, the stock mirror will be always covered. I checked few similar ones in my society itself, but didnt like it. May be you might find it more atractive. Many people like the bluish display and digits (which I found very attractive on Scorpion brand). My limited budget of 2500 also prevented me from going to higher quality ones.

Tire discount part, I really doubt if they can offer anything more, because I have already rounded all the figures lower than he actually quoted . He eventually agreed without arguements, either probably recession-hit low sales and business or hearing my big talks about having 250 cars in my society (he knew my compound well too). I can influence more than 50% of my society for all the future tire upgrades and changes at his place for sure. Afterall he stocks 3 good brands under one roof. I will just give a try and respond to you on Saturday. Also remember I am getting a Reebok travel bag worth Rs.2050 FREEE with 4 tires.

So if you are taking delivery of your Fiesta Platinum today, we have got one of our members gksunil and his friend taking 2 Paprika Reds from Hubli tomorow. All 3 are ZXI.

Last edited by shajufx : 13th August 2009 at 15:56.
Old 14th August 2009, 01:58   #267
BHPian

Quote:
So if you are taking delivery of your Fiesta Platinum today, we have got one of our members gksunil and his friend taking 2 Paprika Reds from Hubli tomorow. All 3 are ZXI.
Buddy, we chose to go with the rear view display series after comparing both the products. The led system just had a beeper which because of it's design had to be stuck on the dashboard vertically as against how your autocop display is positioned! It would have cost us 3600 after discount!

Whereas the rear view system was bigger than the stock mirror (in length) and smoothly clipped onto it. it also had this sweet lady's voice directing the car backwards and she would eventually scream STOP STOP STOP at the top of her voice if the sensors were close to an object!! once, the reverse gear is disengaged, the whole display shuts down and it looks like a plain big rear view!! very neat!! we were quoted 4400 which we thought was reasonable and asked him to go ahead with the fit!! (pics on my thread)

Loved their professionalism and the way they carried out their work, 5 star service!!

about the tyres, i think am run on stock for atleast 3-6 more months before changing. Still in 2 minds though!! no other major upgrade planned for now!

Btw, Frank is getting his car tomorrow morning as well!!
Old 14th August 2009, 16:32   #268
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Whereas the rear view system was bigger than the stock mirror (in length) and smoothly clipped onto it. it also had this sweet lady's voice directing the car backwards and she would eventually scream STOP STOP STOP at the top of her voice if the sensors were close to an object!! once, the reverse gear is disengaged, the whole display shuts down and it looks like a plain big rear view!! very neat!! we were quoted 4400 which we thought was reasonable and asked him to go ahead with the fit!! (pics on my thread)
Yes I checked your thread, it looks like a good quality unit, and I was sure of their quality of service. Someone had told me that the voice could be changed to a male, kid etc. not sure if I heard on redsoul or some other brand. Franky has already taken delivery and photos are up too. Great. Hubli friends are yet to get back with latest info. If cars have not reached, then next possible day is only 17th Monday.

I am overexcited and waiting for tomorow, my tire+alloy day !
Old 14th August 2009, 16:41   #269
BHPian

Shaju,

I did speak to Ford Sales Manager, he was very friendly and had a genuine interest to help me. Unfortunately it ends here. He mentioned that adding an aux wire would void the warranty and hence recommended against it. Its a pity that inspite of providing a great HU Ford is unable to provide a simple solution for the AUX. I am sure most of the people have replaced their stock HU for this one reason. Well you don't get everything all the time, I think I will have to live with this drawback.

All the best with your alloys and tires.
Old 14th August 2009, 17:33   #270
Senior - BHPian

Void warranty of what ? Only of the stock music head unit and those 6 chinese speakers right ? The whole thing costs less than a spoiler afterall. Do whatever you want to do with it, but at an electrician who knows the work well. Nothing will go wrong.

Any tire upgrade above 175/65 profile also will void the warranty of the suspension and related parts. How many fiesta owners run on the stock tires ? Only those who are not bothered about the extra comfort or ride quality, or people who have no clue about the difference. Its like this, when you do something from the dealer, its taken for granted; but done from outside, it voids the warranty. But to tell the truth, dealers keep the cheapest quality and highest costing things in their collection. Ask me about the auto-cop crap I was crying about. So, I am no longer bothered about that part.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks