Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd July 2009, 22:59   #136
BHPian

Congrats man for the lovely car. so your ordeal finally got over. I am also eying this particular model for the last 1 month. lets see when i will be able to materialize it.
Old 24th July 2009, 14:12   #137
BHPian

congratulations. its such a beauty!!!. what a color ooo!!!

what i found cool was that boot release button on the dash. at first glance i thought it was engine start/stop button. and i was like woah!!. but then looking at it again saw the car with the boot open sign . it would be so cool if they give it. like in the BMW. wishful thinking i know. !!
Old 24th July 2009, 15:17   #138
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Auto-cop reverse parking sensor (4 sensors) also is done (costed Rs.3600).
Correcting the details. Its a product named 'Park Master' made by Keystone appliances pvt ltd, nashik with a 3 year warranty. Cost is Rs.2500 only. It was beeping and blinking like crazy while they were fitting and testing yesterday evening. As soon the installers left my compound it stopped working. I have called them to check it this evening. Could be a minor lose connection.

I have ordered the body colour side strips (EXI and ZXI doesnt have them as stock) costing 3000 and it might reach in 3 days. Chrome lined body color strips (same like SXI) cost 5000. I opted for the normal one. Steering leather cover could be fitted when they come with side strips. Stock steering wheel without the cover is very smooth to hold. It has a flexible rubber coating which is very good quality and soft.

Another point I forgot posting yesterday was about the fuel additive recommended by the service guy. He advised System-G on a 1ml to 1 ltr petrol ratio, although not a must. I filled 20 ltr petrol yesterday, but forgot about the system-G. May be its better to buy a 20 ml bottle and keep it in the car, we can pour it into the tank whenever we want.

One photo of the dashboard, sorry it got blurred. Basement is well lit in the night, so the outside light was hitting the lens. Will try more tonite from another location. Hope my resizing is apt for the forum. Its 30% of the original.
Ford Fiesta 1.6 ZXI: Upgraded ICE, Tires, Lights & now Seats-11.jpg

More observations will be posted as I get time to dig into the car. Tomorow being a saturday, I should be able to take it around for a while and feel the comfort and power. Will post details soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxymoron View Post
I am also eying this particular model for the last 1 month. lets see when i will be able to materialize it.
I was so jelous about the offers that were going on in Delhi and few other very selected places on the Ford fiesta. That was also discussed in this thread, even someone posting the copy of the newspaper ad here. Hope you didnt miss noticing them. You can blindly go ahead with this model. Its a fully loaded car except leather seat and air bags. Real VFM by all means.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caramelo View Post
first glance i thought it was engine start/stop button....it would be so cool if they give it. like in the BMW.!
They may not give it as stock since we are still far from that 'everything on a button' stage. But I am very sure, you can replace that button to an engine start/stop by getting it after-market. Almost anything is available in India right now.

Last edited by shajufx : 24th July 2009 at 15:20.
Old 24th July 2009, 16:08   #139
Senior - BHPian

ShajuFX,

Congrats on your new acquisition!

I was a (still am) big fan of Ford cars. Brother used to work for a Ford dealer in my home town, so I used to get to drive his showroom cars most of the time.

Would have been my first car, if not for the fact that they discontinued the 1.8D when I was in the market.

Noticed the ignition key is as was in the Ikons, guess it is the norm now at Ford.

Anyway, since you are past all those bad phases and your ride is with you - here is a heart felt congratulations and wishing you and your family a wonderful time with the new addition!

Waiting for tomorrows detailed review!
Old 24th July 2009, 16:54   #140
BHPian

Congrats Shaju..Hope you are enjoying the new ride..Keep us all posted
Old 24th July 2009, 17:30   #141
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
Congrats on your new acquisition!
Thanks again. I will keep this place as active as possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marathp View Post
Congrats...Keep us all posted
Thanks, I am waiting for the weekend

Look at this stock wheel !
Ford Fiesta 1.6 ZXI: Upgraded ICE, Tires, Lights & now Seats-12.jpg
Sometimes I feel even a 16 inch alloy with a 195/50/R16 profile might suit this space beautifully. Not sure about the technical issues though. Presently I am thinking of 195/55/R15 which is same on the 1.6 S. Or should I consider 195/60/R15 ? Its a big question mark which might be solved in 2 weeks. Offcourse with helps from here. I dont think any tire dealer will allow me to check different profiles in real-time (may be 20 kms on each profile).
Old 24th July 2009, 19:50   #142
BHPian

yups i was aware of that even a dealer is currently following me up for the limited edition model but i think ZXi is the best VFM . limited had all these things missing:-
motorised internal adjustable mirror
centre arm rest
interior trim was also not attractive
no fogs
ABS

So u must be having fun with the beauty, i test drove it once engine sound is sheer fun, what a note engine emits, very addictive. i have one query does it have aux in port also with the stereo as it is mentioned in the website but i didnt remember seeing it on the test drive.
Best part of the car is the dashboard material its so very soft in feeling truly exudes luxury
Old 24th July 2009, 22:06   #143
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxymoron View Post
i have one query does it have aux in port also with the stereo as it is mentioned in the website but i didnt remember seeing it on the test drive. Best part of the car is the dashboard material its so very soft in feeling truly exudes luxury
Yes it has an AUX-in port near the 12 V power outlet just below the dashboard, infront of the gear knob. Thats the front-end of the hand-brake, gear-box block. I am yet to check what kind of PIN will suit that AUX-in socket. What you felt about the dashboard is 100% true. I felt it as good as the corolla dash board (2003), may be better. No clue about the present Altis version. I think even Verna has similar quality.

There is also a glove box on the right side of the steering wheel just below the Head lights knob. I have no clue what can go in there. The left glove box is big enough to accomodate many things (size wise, not weight wise). I like the way Ford has designed the visiting cards slot, coin holder slots on both sides, and a small seperator too all within the same glove box.

The car can hold maximum of 4 cups (2 in the centre console and 2 in the rear seat centre arm rest) and a normal Kinley/Bislery 1 ltr water bottle (on the front left door). I am yet to find other cubby holes and utilities if there is any.

Centre lock has to be manually done (on the move) by pushing the door handle of the driver's side or by pressing the lock button on the key remote. I dont know if there is any auto-lock mode when the car crosses 10 kmph or 20 kmph as seen in many cars. I doubt if there is a timer like that built-in.

One thing I am sure is the auto-lock of doors after 45 seconds of unlocking, provided no doors, boot etc are operated within that time. But this is mentioned as a security feature in a parking condition, when the driver has left the doors unlocked by mistake.

Front bumper, specially below the headlights, felt very fragile while I was trying to check its strength. It was moving as a very flexible plastic part which I have not experienced even in my wagonR. I want to check the same with the other fiestas in my compound but in the presence of the owners, otherwise the security guys will think I am trying to spoil the cars. When it comes to the lower part of the bumper, its sturdy enough.

I will keep digging and report more. Ford owners please excuse me for repeating whatever you guys are doing or familiar with for years. I am posting many things on the request of members who are seriously considering Fiesta as an immediate buy. Hope I will put an un-biased impression about the vehicle.
Old 24th July 2009, 22:31   #144
BHPian

i havnt noticed about the glove box on right side of steering wheel!!was it present in 2008 models or something new?

Yes..the quality of plastics and dashboard components are of very high standard,just love the feel of the steering wheel.
Old 24th July 2009, 22:46   #145
superveloce

hey shajufx

congratulations on your new car. it looks really sweet, especially in the morello shade.
i would suggest that you upgrade to High Security Reg Plates as that would improve the look of your car tremendously. also you could try painting the middle part of the bumper black a la 1.6 S.
oh nd one last thing when i last test drove the fiesta at a dealer here in mumbai, i was told that if you change the stock tyres or rims (as in either the profile or upsize) you would lose out on your warranty. i was shocked but thats the way it is with ford. please check before upsizing.
enjoy driving her and wish you lots of miles in ur beauty.

Old 25th July 2009, 14:39   #146
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariendj View Post
i havnt noticed about the glove box on right side of steering wheel!!was it present in 2008 models or something new?

Yes..the quality of plastics and dashboard components are of very high standard,just love the feel of the steering wheel.
Yes, my 2007 model has it-----it is a small box where I keep my Swiss knife and small torch, apart from some visiting cards and credit cards. I'd rather call it a small storage box rather than a glove box.

@Shajufx---you forgot to mention that we can store a 1 litre bisleri bottle even on the driver's door.
Old 25th July 2009, 14:48   #147
BHPian

Is the Rear legroom in Fiesta less than that in the Ikon? I have used an Ikon before and took a TD of Fiesta today,and i felt the space constraints at the rear. And i feel only 2 people can sit comfortably at the rear, Are my observations true?

Fiesta comes with a Hydraulic power streeing, isnt it? Have any of you felt that an electronic one would have done better at any point of time?
Old 25th July 2009, 15:04   #148
Team-BHP Support

Congratz Shaju, she is a looker. Enjoy the drive!
Old 25th July 2009, 15:10   #149
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by kap04 View Post
Fiesta comes with a Hydraulic power streeing, isnt it? Have any of you felt that an electronic one would have done better at any point of time?
Yes, the Fiesta does come with a hydraulic power steering. I dont suppose anyone would want to trade the hydraulic setup for an electronic one, as it would take away the sharp point and shoot feel of the steering which is a an attribute it currently enjoys.

The greater force required at parking speeds is a disadvantage, but its not too heavy either.
Old 25th July 2009, 19:55   #150
BHPian

Thanks Ben for the input.

Shaju, thats a great car you have bought, i like that color. Are the airbags and the alloys the only addons to the SXI version, when compared to ZXI?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks