Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th July 2009, 21:57   #76
Senior - BHPian

We have 2 dealers here. One is Metro (with few years of history, 2 showrooms and 2 service centres) and other is Lathangi (Mitsubishi dealer turned Ford with bad record single showroom cum service). Its as equal as comparing Thomman and Chandy in plain language !

Both of them promise people the quickest delivery to meet their targets. But eventually they have to go through the 'pain of waiting'. Now it happend because (explained by sales manager) delhi wallahs had an earth shattering discount offers of some 5.5 lak something. Every Tom, Dick, Harry and their cousines booked a Fiesta. So Ford plant in Chennai is not able to meet the demand. I am a simple hearted team-bhpian, so I believed everything what the sales manager told me.
Old 17th July 2009, 20:57   #77
Senior - BHPian

Delivery confirmed on 22nd !

After my dream for a delivery on 17th and all the pain of waiting so far, dealer has confirmed that the car will reach from Chennai to Bangalore on 21st, Tuesday night. So the PDI can be done on 22nd, wednesday morning and the RTO formalities can complete during the day and will be ready for delivery by evening. Although I might prefer to take the delivery on 23rd morning as I believe anything new in life should be taken/started in the morning.

Now the remaining payments will be all done by Monday. Not planning for any accessories for 1 month atleast. Although I feel reverse parking sensor would be a basic requirement. I have called up redsoul guys. Their range is starting from 3500 (4 sensors) upto 18000 (camera with beep). Budget is tight now as I have already stretched myself from 5.5 to 7.20.

So, is it ok to go ahead with the basic 4 sensor parking stuff OR should I wait for a costly night-vision type camera ? Ford has a basic 'cobra' brand 2 sensor produt for 2500. I doubt if a 2 sensor thing can help much.

Brothers, Sisters, Fighters and Racers, this is your final chance to help. Please come forward. I can see atleast a 1 lakh worth accessories easily getting into the car without any second-thought (Chrome alloys, broader tires, leather seats, rear spoiler, quality speakers, amp, sub etc.) But not the right time to think on spending anymore.
Old 17th July 2009, 21:12   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
So, is it ok to go ahead with the basic 4 sensor parking stuff OR should I wait for a costly night-vision type camera ? Ford has a basic 'cobra' brand 2 sensor produt for 2500. I doubt if a 2 sensor thing can help much.

Brothers, Sisters, Fighters and Racers, this is your final chance to help. Please come forward. I can see atleast a 1 lakh worth accessories easily getting into the car without any second-thought (Chrome alloys, broader tires, leather seats, rear spoiler, quality speakers, amp, sub etc.) But not the right time to think on spending anymore.
Hi Sajufx

i have a 4 sensor reverse parking system in my ANHC, i feel it is adequate
i certainly recommend you to go for SUN FILMs. it would keep the car couple of degrees cooler when you are traveling with your little ones.

i suggest that you go for upgrades (alloys, chrome strips, leather seats, rear spoiler, better ICE etc) after 2-3 years of usage. At that time you and kids would begin to get bored with same look/feel of the car. If you upgrade at that time, then it would re-juvinate the car and also improve the re-sale value in case you want to sell of the car after 5 years.
Old 17th July 2009, 21:22   #79
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Mr.Bond, Lumar sunfilm will be given by the dealer as a compliment (with 2 years warranty) together with the basic mats, mud flaps, perfume etc. I have also pressed the sales guy to give me the steering leather cover, which is not yet confirmed back.

Now the 4 sensor reverse stuff, I better opt from redsoul guys Welcome to RedSoul as they have it starting from 3500. They will also come home and do it, so less worry of driving only for that. I believe ANHC sensor came as stock. Any other brands suggested by users ? I am asking it now, because once you drill and fix one, its too late to regret.
Old 17th July 2009, 21:30   #80
Senior - BHPian

If you intend to change tyres then do it now as you know used tyres have to be sold real cheap.

Edit: You need it for the Fiesta? Do lot of tight parking?

Last edited by jkdas : 17th July 2009 at 21:36.
Old 17th July 2009, 21:32   #81
Team-BHP Support

Shaju, good that they have finally confirmed a delivery date. I really wish this doesnt extend anymore.

Did you try bargaining for Extended Warranty? Do try, since you've nothing to lose.

As for the parking aids, i reckon that you are familiar with cars, and so should be able to manage even without them. Just to aid you when backing up, the 4 sensors should suffice, IMO.

P.S. : I have no such aids on my car, and my only experience with such a device was on the Xylo test drive which i had done. Hence, i speak with limited knowledge.
Old 17th July 2009, 21:52   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
...do it now as you know used tyres have to be sold real cheap.... Do lot of tight parking?
May be I have to consider tire part within 300kms on ODO (1 month to reach there) as I did with my wagonR 2 years back. Parking sensor, I really want it for my wifee, you know how majority of ladies park ! Otherwise, I might see the car back home without the boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Did you try bargaining for Extended Warranty?
Good idea, I will try that tomorow. But it costs 7800, I havent got even the leather steering cover confirmed which is quoted 4500 at the dealer. I think there is a limit, I dont know if I am at the edge !
Old 17th July 2009, 21:57   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
May be I have to consider tire part within 300kms on ODO (1 month to reach there) as I did with my wagonR 2 years back. Parking sensor, I really want it for my wifee, you know how majority of ladies park ! Otherwise, I might see the car back home without the boot

Good idea, I will try that tomorow. But it costs 7800, I havent got even the leather steering cover confirmed which is quoted 4500 at the dealer. I think there is a limit, I dont know if I am at the edge !

4500 for what? Must be joking. Make ask him and then back off and then ask for extended

edit: thanks for the list but why not get stanleys from outside. Getting that for 4.5k is a waste of money in my opinion.

Last edited by jkdas : 17th July 2009 at 22:10.
Old 17th July 2009, 22:05   #84
Senior - BHPian

Das sirji, I am not kidding, check out the complete FORD accessory pricing here which was forwarded to my mail last week. Some items are highly priced. This list includes all Ford cars ie. icon, fiesta, fusion and endy.
ACC PRICE LIST.xls
Old 17th July 2009, 22:11   #85
BHPian

Hi, you were also going to get leather seats right? It would be good to get the steering wheel and gear lever also leather wrapped/stitched with the same color combination to get uniform look and feel.

BTW, the price of those accessories look like real VFM. You will be stunned to see the ANHC price list for accessories

Last edited by pmbabu : 17th July 2009 at 22:14.
Old 17th July 2009, 22:15   #86
Senior - BHPian

No way, I am discussing here what we can squeeze out from the dealer as FREEE ! Not having enough Vit-M to think about anything other than parking sensors right now. Leather seats are not in my mind atleast for an year. Fabric is more comfortable, only issue is preserving it neat and clean with a 3 year old and a 3 month old. Lets see how long it will remain clean.
Old 17th July 2009, 22:25   #87
BHPian

the price list provided is true cause most of the item prices were same as mentioned to me by my dealer.
i changed the tires (150km on odo),as soon as i got the car from the dealer.
i got a deal of 2k each for the MRF tires and got them changed for the XM1+.

i was also looking for the reverse sensors,i might get it done at the dealer itself cause it costs only 2.5k.the art leather seat covers also seems as a good deal offered at ford.
Old 17th July 2009, 22:28   #88
Team-BHP Support

Shaju, forget the leather steering wheel cover. Ask him to deduct that amount from the amount towards the Extended Warranty, and offer to pay the rest. He should agree.

I was just going through the accessoroes list.. and was surprised to notice the mudflaps for the Ikon cost more than that for the Fiesta! :O

EDIT : To see what the art leather (leather vinyl) seat covers look like, check out the pics I had posted in my ownership thread.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 17th July 2009 at 22:29.
Old 17th July 2009, 22:38   #89
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariendj View Post
the price list provided is true cause most of the item prices were same as mentioned to me by my dealer... reverse sensors,i might get it done at the dealer itself cause it costs only 2.5k.
Price list is new and straight from the dealer, so it should be actuals. Reverse sensor at dealer has only 2 sensors, so costing less. I mentioned that in one of the above posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Shaju, forget the leather steering wheel cover. Ask him to deduct that amount from the amount towards the Extended Warranty, and offer to pay the rest..
Thats the issue bensab, steering cover itself is not confirmed, sales chap will ask the sales manager, he will then ask the dealer partner, partners will ask each other, I doubt if it can get through. Still a hope. But extended warranty we can take even later right ? As of now it comes with 2 years warranty.
Old 17th July 2009, 23:14   #90
BHPian

i was looking for the spoilers just as seen on the fiesta S!!the ones given as accesory in the list is not particular to my liking!!
sorry for going out of topic but
any pointers anyone about how to get it custom built??
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks