Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th August 2009, 12:52   #226
Distinguished - BHPian

@Shaju, if I were you, I would create a racket, have them remove the Autocop at their own cost, and chosen the Redusol and paid the difference is any.
Old 9th August 2009, 15:43   #227
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
My auto-cop reverse parking sensor display has conked again ! It was working on the 3rd time changed centre unit, now I dont know what is to be done. Is there any point changing the same sub-standard unit one more time ? Somehow I hate the quality of the auto-cop product. I am regretting each moment for trusting the dealer sale guy to fit auto cop. If I went with my brain, I would have chosen redsoul for sure, even the quote was taken before I took the vehicle delivery. Atleast I would have enjoyed peace of mind for a better quality product. Now this damn thing is under 2 year warranty, but if they continue replacing with their low standard stuff, I am wondering how many more times they will open up the whole thing to repair.
Yikes, not again! tell you what, you should get the entire system removed and ask auto cops for a full refund, whatever it takes!! getting it checked and changed thrice in a month already is too much to take!

if they don't agree to the refund, ask for a free upgrade and switch to a rear view display system or a superior quality led system!

EDIT: Adding the contact info for Autocops in Bangalore in case you need to escalate the issue to a highler level to get it resolved, got this off Justdial.

Mr Nanda Kumar
+(91)-(80)-23563142, 23563144, 40833805
+(91)-9740025504
autocopregi@gmail.com
Autocop India Pvt. Ltd.
No.19/3,Grd & 1st Flr, Railway Parallel Rd, Nehru Nagar, Seshadripuram, Bangalore - 560020

Last edited by raamki : 9th August 2009 at 15:58. Reason: adding contact information for the autocops regional office in bangalore
Old 9th August 2009, 21:06   #228
Senior - BHPian

Thank you ramki for the contact info. I have a visiting card of the guy who came to repair it 3 times, which shows the same address details. Impatiantly waiting for Monday morning. Cant take this anymore. Imagine fixing an accessory and reparing it 4 times, and even changing the brain of the equipment (centre unit) 3 times all within a span of 15 days !!

I agree with lambo, infact I should ask them to remove the whole thing out and refund it. But I dont think I need to talk to the auto-cop for that, because it was recommended and fixed by the Ford accessory guys in the first place. And its easy for me to fire the sales chap than talking to some stranger at auto-cop. Lets see, I will update tomorow.
Old 10th August 2009, 00:52   #229
BHPian

Hey Shaji, no worries on the contact info! Waiting to hear from you tomorrow!
Old 10th August 2009, 18:08   #230
Senior - BHPian

The sad story continues. Although the side strips have been promised to reach me any moment right from Saturday, having made atleast 10 calls related to that, nothing has been done till now, Monday almost ending. Autocop is contacted through the dealer and a replacement of the whole unit is promised, again no sign of any humans !!

I am lucky that I take out the car only twice a week, mainly weekends. Having no side strips and a faulty reverse sensor, I could easily invite scratches or dents unless I am over-careful (means parked at my place until I get things done). It will be mostly in the 'parked' status until I change my stock tires without depreciating its value due to higher ODO figure (right now its 135 kms already with very restricted usage). Its just the matter of deciding between 185/65 and 195/60 (Michelin XM1+ or Continental).

So far I have not got an alloy that really impresses me in the 14" category, so if I need more time to get the pattern what I want, I might change the tires first, so that atleast I can move around without being worried about the tire exchange value.

Last edited by shajufx : 10th August 2009 at 18:10.
Old 10th August 2009, 18:15   #231
Senior - BHPian

OT: Shaju: Can you update your BHP garage?

About the side strips, I dont think there is so much of a point to be paranoid about the scratching of the doors without them. You can scratch it with them too. And vice-versa. Just enjoy the car. Scratches will come (But not go).. ENjoy!
Old 10th August 2009, 18:27   #232
Senior - BHPian

Hi Frank, I thought of updating the garage after getting some decent pictures, anyway thats taking time due to the upgrades still pending, I will put some basic pics until then. About the scratches, I know what you mean, I am not paranoid about it, when it has to come, it will come without any warning ! My previous cars got scratches or dents either at public parking areas or clubs where many people go for drinking 'water' or come out after drinking 'water' ! And all of them happend where no rubber beading is around. All that protective feeling is only until you get the first scratch.
Old 10th August 2009, 18:34   #233
Senior - BHPian

And I live in a city where monograms are stolen from the body at will. At the drop of a hat. It's an epidemic. Larger than swine flu. EVery 2nd car in mumbai DOESNT have monograms. It sucks!
I live with that. So for you, a couple of scratches should start feeling inconsequential ;-)
Old 10th August 2009, 19:19   #234
Distinguished - BHPian

@frank, if it helps, our Fiesta's monograms have never been stolen.
@Shaju, a good polish job once a month will really help remove small scratches. What did the Autocop guys say?
Old 10th August 2009, 19:30   #235
Senior - BHPian

Frank Sinatra, my Garage is fresh now. Will replace the photos once I finish my upgrades on tires.

Lamboji, dealer sales chap had informed me that the autocop guys will come and replace the complete unit, but they are too busy replacing units around the city, not yet appeared in my compound ! I am no more worried about their sub-standard gadget, but the way they open the boot, pull out the side mats, play around with the complete rubber beading and wiring, to top it all, they keep testing the sensor by mercilessly turning the ignition and slotting the gear into reverse without even bothering to press the clutch. I am already going crazy. Remember this torture has happend 5 times in 15 days, I am waiting for the 6th operation . This is the peak of my patience level.
Old 10th August 2009, 19:54   #236
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
I am no more worried about their sub-standard gadget, but the way they open the boot, pull out the side mats, play around with the complete rubber beading and wiring, to top it all, they keep testing the sensor by mercilessly turning the ignition and slotting the gear into reverse without even bothering to press the clutch. I am already going crazy. Remember this torture has happend 5 times in 15 days, I am waiting for the 6th operation . This is the peak of my patience level.
shaju, do not allow them to replace the unit, demand for a refund and go to redsoul! in my opinion, its not worth going for a replacement of something that keeps failing every week!

even if they don't give you the refund (in the worst case), u should rip that unit out and go to redsoul anyway!
Old 10th August 2009, 20:05   #237
Senior - BHPian

Ramki you spoke my mind 100%, but I am just giving a last chance for a total replacement (previous repairs were all done only changing the centre unit). So, I doubt there could be some issue with their wiring set, a total replacement could solve it completely, if not, no more chances. I will invite the redsoul guys and they will remove the autocop crap before installing their unit.

Its infact a very simple gadget with 4 sensors, a cassette tape size centre unit and a cheap looking display with 7 LEDs, all connected through some cheapest wires. The production cost could be hardly 300 bucks (you bet!) and they charge you 2500.
Old 10th August 2009, 20:07   #238
Senior - BHPian

And what about a wiring harness to add Relays for a more powerful set of bulbs/horn?
Any idea about that?
Old 10th August 2009, 20:18   #239
BHPian

OT : shajufX, can you please post the address and contact info / website URL for Redsoul guys. the security system in my car has gone kaput and i am looking forward to change it.
Old 10th August 2009, 20:18   #240
Senior - BHPian

A common opinion about the Fiesta headlamps is 'its powerful enough' compared to many others in the segment. You might need an upgrade only if you do frequent highway drives. I myself have slight night driving issues, but I find the stock headlamps and fogs lighting my way without any issue. We have many Fiesta owners who have upgraded too, you will easily find related stuff from Roots or Bosche.

Fiesta has H1 and H7 both in 55 watts for high and low beam. Closest upgrade would be 100 and 80 watts, which you can source from Philips or Narva.

Pankaj, here you go Welcome to RedSoul

Last edited by shajufx : 10th August 2009 at 20:19.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks