Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th August 2009, 17:21   #346
Senior - BHPian

I doubt if you can get steel rims other than 14 inch from the dealer. The only 15 inch is reserved for the 1.6 S variant and that comes with alloys by default. A tire dealer will be the best bet, as he keeps getting different steel rims from all those who upgrade to alloys.
Old 25th August 2009, 19:10   #347
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
I got my Jopasu car duster. Its 15 inch long and very good quality stuff.
One correction of the above statement. The total length of the duster is around 25 inch, thread portion (cleaning part) measures to 15 inch. So its almost 10 inches of holding area. Sorry if I gave a wrong idea earlier, because an IDEA can change your life !!!
Old 25th August 2009, 22:31   #348
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
... Now here is how a FIESTA can change your hairstyle and lifestyle ! Its not a paintjob, but REAL...
That is a nice Mr.T cut there, Shaju!

I was expecting it to be a PS job.
Old 25th August 2009, 22:49   #349
Distinguished - BHPian

Boy oh boy!

Shaju, you seem super excited after you've got delivery of the vehicle!! It's like a little kid high on sugar. Only, it is a grown man high on adrenaline!

Getting Steel rims in 15" in 108 PCD is near impossible.

Unless Ford dealer has fusion rims lying around. You can try with tyre dealers, but chances are they will not be able to help you because of the PCD.

Last edited by Nikhilb2008 : 25th August 2009 at 22:52.
Old 26th August 2009, 10:21   #350
BHPian

Guys, if i give away the rims in the Zxi and go for 15 inch alloys on 195/55 rubber will it void the warranty?
Old 26th August 2009, 12:31   #351
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
I was expecting it to be a PS job.
Ha ha, How I wish it could have been a PS job ! But its not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
it is a grown man high on adrenaline!
The excitement is as fresh as the delivery day (fiesta delivery).

Quote:
Originally Posted by pusako View Post
if i give away the rims in the Zxi and go for 15 inch alloys on 195/55 rubber will it void the warranty?
Any tire upgrade will void the warranty officially. But there is always a way around. Our friends who took delivery from Hubli had upgraded tires from the dealer itself. Also our Franky has upgraded his 1.6 S stock 195 to 205 too, even reprogrammed the ECU at the dealer.

Last edited by shajufx : 26th August 2009 at 12:37.
Old 26th August 2009, 12:42   #352
BHPian

Hi Saju,

How much did you pay for the duster and from where did you buy it, I am planning to get one after reading your comment that you were able to clean in less than 3 min.

Thanks
Aravind
Old 26th August 2009, 14:38   #353
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I also ordered a Jopasu car duster through ebay (475 including courier). Infact I wanted the 'original california duster' which is available on amazon, but not shipped to India. Days ahead are the 'dry cleaning' era, as the world is going to run out of even drinking water very soon. Our society permits water wash only once a week as an important measure to preserve the water resources. I heard some of the apartments in Bangalore south is already depending on tanker supply for everything.
Aravind, above info was posted few pages back. I dont know if any car accessory shops sell the same, have a check before ordering online, you can save the courier charges. Cleaning in 3 mts, that too a sedan, made me really get thrilled for the money spent. Its for dry dust, not to be used in the wet conditions.
Old 26th August 2009, 18:46   #354
BHPian

hi shajufx,

i know this info is available on this thread, but somehow am unable to locate it. would be great if you can re-help me with the following:

- where is the VIN of the Fiesta located
- and how do i interpret it (as in, how do i find out the month of manufacture of the vehicle)

thanks !!
Old 26th August 2009, 19:10   #355
Senior - BHPian

Hi ashish, this link http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post1414015 and the VIN decoder page Mad Moles VIN Decoder will help you. You can find the VIN near the petrol lid tab on the right hand side floor of the driver side.
Old 26th August 2009, 19:38   #356
Senior - BHPian

The vin number is where shajufx has said---the only difference is that my car does not have a petrol lid tab----was initially confused due to this, and later realised that they introduced that tab lever in 2008 .
Old 26th August 2009, 19:49   #357
Senior - BHPian

Oh I didnt know that part. So, where is the Petrol lid opening tab placed in the pre-2008 models ? Are you also missing the 12 V power outlet and the Aux-in socket ?
Old 27th August 2009, 10:48   #358
BHPian

Thanks Shajufx...

one more thing. Is the 12 V power outlet standard in new fiestas. I didnt notice it? is it the one in the 2nd picture below your VIN picture?

i actually asked the dealer to install a cigar lighter (i dont smoke, but needed it for mobile charging).

Thanks
Old 27th August 2009, 12:51   #359
Senior - BHPian

Ashish, as far as I understand 12 V power outlet is standard in all variants of Fiesta. The Aux-in also is part of the standard feature except the EXI (basic) variant. You can easily spot it in pictures with the black knob/button '12V' written in white (previous page here I have posted the Aux-in photo, you can find the 12 v knob in that). You may not require a cigar lighter if your need is charging mobile, but getting the car charger will suffice. I have a car charger unit for the digital camera, but not yet checked if it works in the car.

Last edited by shajufx : 27th August 2009 at 12:53.
Old 27th August 2009, 13:52   #360
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Oh I didnt know that part. So, where is the Petrol lid opening tab placed in the pre-2008 models ? Are you also missing the 12 V power outlet and the Aux-in socket ?
The door unlock position unlocks the petrol cap too in my model---as in the Ikon. Some people consider this to be a good feature, if you've noticed the other thread on nice features in a car.
I do have a 12 V power outlet at the same place, but it also has a lid. I use it on an off for charging my mobile.
I don't have an aux in socket---you guys should be happy to have one---I'd strongly taken it up with the MD of Ford India and lambasted them for giving misleading info in their manual----the manual says the ICE has an aux in socket. My only option is to use an FM transmitter for my mp3 player, and I've got an HCL model. It does play well, but I need to set the volume at 20 and above.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks