Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th August 2009, 19:18   #331
Senior - BHPian

Oh buddy, you are lifting me to the sky, please dont drop without telling in advance. One thing I can guarantee you, this is one of the threads which is closely watched by the Ford India head office as well as Metro, that is openely revealed to me over the phone and at a personal meeting which they arranged (details you will find few pages back). Nothing was intentional, but it just happened.

Regarding the price part, that excel sheet still remains the latest without any change (as of last week). Ford does not change accessory prices every season. If Lathangi is charging you more for the same, thats how they make some extra bucks, its plain and clear. Personally I would not prefer any accessory from the dealers, because they are overpriced.

It would be safe to fit the spoiler from the dealer though. I personally checked 5 spoilers that were fixed outside, most of them are rattling, some have lost all its paint, some get water leaked to the boot etc. So, thats what happens when quality of the material and the installation is compromised. But when it comes to tires, alloys and many similar things, you save a lot from after-market. Infact ZXI onwards come fully loaded, there is hardly anything required unless you are fond of cosmetic touches.

As long as you are discussing FIESTA here, no hijacking, keep going

Last edited by shajufx : 24th August 2009 at 19:19.
Old 24th August 2009, 19:40   #332
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandkumargb View Post
I showed them that and they are saying unlike them, Metro may not provide genuine parts and finally he said that at max they can offer 9% discount. What do you suggest?
SCARYYYY!! Ford India - I hope you're reading this. This is not at all good for prospective ford customers!!

As Shaju suggested, i believe accessories is where the dealers make most of their money. As far as the prices of the spoilers are concerned, lathangi is quoting way too much and frankly IMO, I think Metro is a more reputed dealer with multi-city presence than Lathangi! So, do not go by what they've just told you!
Old 24th August 2009, 20:17   #333
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raamki View Post
I think Metro is a more reputed dealer with multi-city presence than Lathangi! So, do not go by what they've just told you!
Very well said. Metro has 2 showrooms in the city and 1 in Hubli. So, they cant play around with different pricing. Lathangi is a Mitsubishi converted Ford dealer, showroom and service centre all under one roof. One thing I like about Metro is, its owned by a group called VST who are also dealers of Volkswagen, Mitsubishi, Mahindra, Tillers etc. having Metro Ford, India Garage, Southern Motors etc as some of their ventures. So even if you plan to buy a VW or Mitsubishi tomorow, you might be able to drive-in with your Ford and drive-out in your new brand without much formalities.

Now here is how a FIESTA can change your hairstyle and lifestyle ! Its not a paintjob, but REAL.
Ford Fiesta 1.6 ZXI: Upgraded ICE, Tires, Lights & now Seats-self.jpg

Last edited by shajufx : 24th August 2009 at 20:19.
Old 24th August 2009, 20:33   #334
BHPian

now, thats what i call a T-BHP 'fiesta' cut!!

looking good shaju!!
Old 24th August 2009, 20:55   #335
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raamki View Post
I think you're referring to Lumar! Its definitely better than Garware but in my opinion, as far as Sunfilms are concerned, 3M is the best!!

Our Platinum has the Red Soul rear view display sensor system (pics of both the rear view display system and sensors on my thread), luckily they had the body color'ed sensors available with them! it cost me 4400rs. (Platinum, or commonly referred to as Topaz, Metallic Beige, Champagne Gold) by other manufacturers are very common colors, am sure you will be able to find body color'd sensors, please don't let them paint anything on the black ones, they'll end up spoiling the bumper. (Welcome to RedSoul)

about the front bumper guard, i remember reading somewhere that it's not legal anymore to install these guards as it is a major hazard in terms of safety to people on the road (in case of a collision!) but to answer your question, nope the guard is not part of ford's genuine/standard accessory list, there may be local ones available but my suggestion, don't go for them even if they are available, they'll really spoil the look of the car!
Yeah I think 3M will be good stuff but not sure how much it will cost. I read in some thread saying 11000/- and I was shocked as for normal sun-film it goes max to 2000/-

Ok, I am dropping plan to put bumper guard.

Quote:
Thanks Shajufx, it was your thread that actually started me to think about Fiesta 1.6 as I had always wanted to buy a diesel car.

One more thing, I see a huge difference in the pricing of accessories between Lathangi and Metro. For example, in Lathangi, rear spoiler costs 10.5k for normal and 13.5k for Sports version. Metro quotes around 8k for the same. Thanks to the excel sheet that you uploaded in of the posts, I showed them that and they are saying unlike them, Metro may not provide genuine parts and finally he said that at max they can offer 9% discount. What do you suggest?

P.S: Sorry for hijacking your thread. Will shortly start a new thread. But this thread has become the No 1 go to thread for Fiesta buyers and you have become a real Fiesta expert.
@Anand: Shajufx thread is known for best learning experience for beginners who plan to go with Ford brand and it also teach you Do's & Don't!

Rest assured that all Ford owner on BHP are very helpful and always their to extend help to clarify doubts.

Last Saturday I booked 1.4 ZXI and I asked them to fit 1.6S sports spoiler which (as per my opinion) looks good rather than going for LED thing and also its cost 4 times more so I asked dealer to include in accessories which he offered me free in accessories. Its prices is 8000/-

All Ford car comes with insurance free so not sure why are charged or may be getting good deal so that's why they didn't waived off.

In Pune 1.6 ZXI on road comes for 7,40,486/-
From which need to deduct:- Insurance of 18000/- + Corporate discount of 15000/-

So final value comes to - 7,07,486/-
On top of this you can push for free accessories (Depends on how much you can force dealer)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Very well said. Metro has 2 showrooms in the city and 1 in Hubli. So, they cant play around with different pricing. Lathangi is a Mitsubishi converted Ford dealer, showroom and service centre all under one roof. One thing I like about Metro is, its owned by a group called VST who are also dealers of Volkswagen, Mitsubishi, Mahindra, Tillers etc. having Metro Ford, India Garage, Southern Motors etc as some of their ventures. So even if you plan to buy a VW or Mitsubishi tomorow, you might be able to drive-in with your Ford and drive-out in your new brand without much formalities.

Now here is how a FIESTA can change your hairstyle and lifestyle ! Its not a paintjob, but REAL.
Attachment 179769
So people should not only look at car but also the owner who driving it with Fiesta cut
Old 24th August 2009, 21:56   #336
BHPian

Thanks a lot Shujufx, raamki and Kumar for the advice. I am only planning to buy spoiler and scuff plates at the dealer. Will surely buy it from Metro.

Shujufx, Nice cut there. Inspired from Ronaldo??

Kumar, OTR price for ZXI in Bangalore is 7,69,974/-, Based on free insurance and 15k corporate discount, it comes to 7.3 OTR. However, I got 51k discount on ex showroom itself (6,48,000 vs 5,96,599). So, cannot get more than this, I guess.

Last edited by anandkumargb : 24th August 2009 at 22:05. Reason: Adding price
Old 24th August 2009, 22:12   #337
Senior - BHPian

Thank you Raamki, you already named it right, I love to call this hairstyle as 'Fiesta Cut'. But not sure how long I will retain one style as 2 months back I had a 6 inch long pony tail and an arab beard.

Some updates

I got my Jopasu car duster. Its 15 inch long and very good quality stuff. So far I havent seen anyone using a similar duster in my society nor in my friends' circle.
Name:  carduster.jpg
Views: 3983
Size:  314.6 KB

As of today 12 Fiestas (all 1.6) are delivered from the day I took delivery (23rd July 2009). It includes 5 non-team-bhpians who might eventually become active members soon, but were silent readers of this thread right from July. If anyone is thinking I am working for FORD or I am paid by them, you are totally wrong. Pure and sincere word of mouth. Not counting members here who are already waiting for delivery.

Now can we have the 'Fiesta cut' for everyone ? LOLL
shajufx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2009, 22:16   #338
BHPian

how's the performance of the duster?
Old 24th August 2009, 22:42   #339
Senior - BHPian

Hey Tinkuji, performance of the duster will vary according to the person who is holding it . The instruction on the cover says "more dust you have on your car, the better it performs". Means I will have to wait for more dust to gather.

Do you want me coming to Karwar and do a photoshoot or you are kind enough to post them on your thread ?
Old 25th August 2009, 07:51   #340
BHPian

here it is raining heavily. wait for some time
Old 25th August 2009, 12:40   #341
Senior - BHPian

Aux-in works like a charm ! I already had the cable with me. Today I thought of checking it out. Volume level on the stock unit has to be kept around 15-20 for a satisfactory listening. Here is a picture, sorry for the poor mobile quality.
Ford Fiesta 1.6 ZXI: Upgraded ICE, Tires, Lights & now Seats-auxin.jpg

I would always prefer the normal Audio CD (which takes only 14 to 20 songs in a CD) for a better quality listening.

Car duster is a blessing. Normally I take 10 mts to get a decent cleaning with a towel walking around the car for atleast 4 times. With the new duster, I did a better cleaning all under 3 mts flat. Its long enough to reach the roof top of the car without any strain. Also it has a proper handle with firm grip. Money wisely spent.

OT: Have you guys tried renaming any jpg file on your PC to 'aux' ? Try now, it will not happen.
Old 25th August 2009, 12:49   #342
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
OT: Have you guys tried renaming any jpg file on your PC to 'aux' ? Try now, it will not happen.
AUX, CON, COM, PRN, LPT etc are some restricted words since the days of DOS and one cannot create filenames using them
Old 25th August 2009, 12:57   #343
Senior - BHPian

Shaju----nice to know that the Fiesta has aux in now on the stock ICE---I'd blasted Ford India for printing misleading info in their manual---the stock ICE till 2008 did not have aux in despite the manual mentioning about it. They apologized immediately and also pulled up the salseman for his ignorance.
But at a volume level of 15 to 20, it is almost equal to the volume I set for my FM transmitter. I too prefer to use CDs for quality sound.

BTW, the haircut suits a 1.6 S more----just kidding

Last edited by vnabhi : 25th August 2009 at 13:12.
Old 25th August 2009, 13:30   #344
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Nice cut there. Inspired from Ronaldo?.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
BTW, the haircut suits a 1.6 S more----just kidding
OT: Thanks for the comments on our newly invented 'Fiesta Cut'. Here is a photo that will throw some light. It is very close to the 'punk' style. Mine is not going backwards, but ending at the centre in the shape of a longer triangle.
Ford Fiesta 1.6 ZXI: Upgraded ICE, Tires, Lights & now Seats-hc.jpg

MODS: Please dont kick me out of the forum, I will be a good guy, no more hairy discussions.
Old 25th August 2009, 15:57   #345
BHPian

@shajufx
Hi! Am too conisdering the fiesta 1.6 , just have a question, can we ask the dealer to change the stock steel rims with the rubber to 15 inchers. Will he do it? I'm not interested in alloys just he steel rims!!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks