Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd August 2009, 14:56   #316
Senior - BHPian

Nandi Hills, Bangalore

So, the first outstation trip is completed and it was a real joy to rip the Fiesta to some extend, although strictly keeping below 120kmph even at the straightest, clearest route. I am now confident that I can easily plan for longer drives without any hesitation. ODO now reads 300. Nandi hills did 120 km up and down from my house. Few snaps for the memory !
Side strips are not very much visible because its just body colour, no chrome lining.
Ford Fiesta 1.6 ZXI: Upgraded ICE, Tires, Lights & now Seats-1.jpg

This photo resembles more genuine Morello. The fact is, if I click 10 photos of Morello fiesta, every photo has a different colour tone. Majority of them look like black. Above photo is the best example.
Ford Fiesta 1.6 ZXI: Upgraded ICE, Tires, Lights & now Seats-2.jpg
Old 22nd August 2009, 22:32   #317
BHPian

Shajufx, behind beautiful cloud & mountain your car is looking stunning.
Enjoy your driving.

Today finally I booked 1.4 ZXI
Old 23rd August 2009, 10:57   #318
BHPian

AWESOME!! one question, did you feel a lag on the 2nd gear around those hairpin bends?
Old 23rd August 2009, 11:28   #319
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumar7 View Post
Enjoy your driving. Today finally I booked 1.4 ZXI
Thanks Kumar, congrats and all the best to you ! Happy waiting !

Quote:
Originally Posted by raamki View Post
did you feel a lag on the 2nd gear around those hairpin bends?
Except 2 curves (1 sharp curve just before reaching the main entrance and the steep one after the ticket counter), it was in 2nd gear throughout, didnt feel any strain on engine. Never touched 4th gear anywhere in the climb, RPM always remained below 3000 too.

Engine breaking was very well used throughout the trip, as part of a proper running-in. I got a brand new ANHC tailing me from half way. He thanked me at the hill-top for 'showing him angles of attacking the curves' as he was new to his car too. I was laughing within, as me myself is a learner (started driving only in 2006). Felt very happy, if he really looked upon me as an experienced driver. Does Fiesta make you a better driver ? If YES, thanks to FORD .
Old 23rd August 2009, 11:42   #320
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
So, the first outstation trip is completed and it was a real joy to rip the Fiesta to some extend, although strictly keeping below 120kmph even at the straightest, clearest route. I am now confident that I can easily plan for longer drives without any hesitation. ODO now reads 300. Nandi hills did 120 km up and down from my house. Few snaps for the memory !
Good pics and congrats on the first drive. Wasn't it a learning of sorts? Long drives won't be as tiring as you think, so do plan and execute. Its a waste to keep using the car in the city alone.

Quote:
He thanked me at the hill-top for 'showing him angles of attacking the curves' as he was new to his car too....Does Fiesta make you a better driver ? If YES, thanks to FORD .
Maybe it does, and if it does, no one is complaining
Old 23rd August 2009, 14:35   #321
BHPian

Quote:
Except 2 curves (1 sharp curve just before reaching the main entrance and the steep one after the ticket counter), it was in 2nd gear throughout, didnt feel any strain on engine. Never touched 4th gear anywhere in the climb, RPM always remained below 3000 too.

Engine breaking was very well used throughout the trip, as part of a proper running-in. I got a brand new ANHC tailing me from half way. He thanked me at the hill-top for 'showing him angles of attacking the curves' as he was new to his car too. I was laughing within, as me myself is a learner (started driving only in 2006). Felt very happy, if he really looked upon me as an experienced driver. Does Fiesta make you a better driver ? If YES, thanks to FORD .
You're the ideal person to have the 'Driven by T-BHP' sticker at the back of your car!! pat yourself on the back again!!

We started our climb at around 5:00pm, encountered a lot of oncoming traffic uphill, felt the drag on the 2d gear on a couple of steep hairpins and had to up shift to the first gear frequently! anyway!!

am now looking forward to the chennai road trip planned for diwali, later this year!!

@kumar - Congrats again buddy!! looking forward to seeing pics of your car soon!!

Last edited by raamki : 23rd August 2009 at 14:37.
Old 23rd August 2009, 20:11   #322
BHPian

By the time my love comes home I was doing some homework for reverse sensor & sunfilm.

I checked in local shop and he said that Garware film will cost 1400/- and some other brand (don't know the exact name but it starts with letter L) costs 1700/-

Which one you recommend?

For reverse sensor he said 3000/- but the sensor colors were black and he said I need to get a touch up of body color else he will get it done but am not sure how he will be having the body color. He may spoil whole bumper color.

Last thing - It may sound stupid question but as earlier I had small car so we know that we put a bumper guard in front we saved my car couple of time by taking hit. I never got chance to see any sedan with such bumper protector but long back I remember I saw something similar which one or two car had that protector placed on front side. So do we have something similar available for Fiesta?
Old 24th August 2009, 00:24   #323
BHPian

Quote:
I checked in local shop and he said that Garware film will cost 1400/- and some other brand (don't know the exact name but it starts with letter L) costs 1700/-

Which one you recommend?

For reverse sensor he said 3000/- but the sensor colors were black and he said I need to get a touch up of body color else he will get it done but am not sure how he will be having the body color. He may spoil whole bumper color.

Last thing - It may sound stupid question but as earlier I had small car so we know that we put a bumper guard in front we saved my car couple of time by taking hit. I never got chance to see any sedan with such bumper protector but long back I remember I saw something similar which one or two car had that protector placed on front side. So do we have something similar available for Fiesta?
I think you're referring to Lumar! Its definitely better than Garware but in my opinion, as far as Sunfilms are concerned, 3M is the best!!

Our Platinum has the Red Soul rear view display sensor system (pics of both the rear view display system and sensors on my thread), luckily they had the body color'ed sensors available with them! it cost me 4400rs. (Platinum, or commonly referred to as Topaz, Metallic Beige, Champagne Gold) by other manufacturers are very common colors, am sure you will be able to find body color'd sensors, please don't let them paint anything on the black ones, they'll end up spoiling the bumper. (Welcome to RedSoul)

about the front bumper guard, i remember reading somewhere that it's not legal anymore to install these guards as it is a major hazard in terms of safety to people on the road (in case of a collision!) but to answer your question, nope the guard is not part of ford's genuine/standard accessory list, there may be local ones available but my suggestion, don't go for them even if they are available, they'll really spoil the look of the car!

Last edited by raamki : 24th August 2009 at 00:26. Reason: typos
Old 24th August 2009, 06:43   #324
Distinguished - BHPian

@Shaju: The side strips are looking superb! They really make the car look more muscular. Now you need to get some T-BHP stickers up there pronto!
Old 24th August 2009, 11:32   #325
BHPian

Quote:
.....Side strips are not very much visible because its just body colour, no chrome lining......
Hey Shaju, i was about to ask it when i first the saw the pics, the strips just blends with the car, awesome. I am not sure if a chrome line in the side strip will add more touch it, may be a PP will help in this case.

Good to hear that someone realls appreciates good driving (you seldom get appreciation for good driving ) Way to go Shaju, keep your thread live.

Last edited by balajird : 24th August 2009 at 11:38.
Old 24th August 2009, 12:13   #326
BHPian

Quote:
By the time my love comes home I was doing some homework for reverse sensor & sunfilm.

Which one you recommend?

Kumar,

my dealer is offering me Garware (RTO) approved sunfilm as a part of the deal. I checked with him regarding 3M (as Ramki mentioned), but he said Ford offers only Garware. am fine with it.

regarding reverse parking sensors, i plan to go for the simple one (without any display), since i dont want to do away with the original mirror. Redsoul seems to be good (as Ramki mentioned).

keep me posted on both these things...

thanks
Old 24th August 2009, 12:22   #327
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raamki View Post
encountered a lot of oncoming traffic uphill, felt the drag on the 2d gear on a couple of steep hairpins and had to up shift to the first gear frequently!
Now I got the picture, if you have vehicles coming down-hill, 1st gear is the only option at many places. Luckily we climbed up around 8.30am and didnt find a single vehicle coming down-hill, so I could retain the RPM constant in the power band.

Quote:
I never got chance to see any sedan with such bumper protector but long back I remember I saw something similar which one or two car had that protector placed on front side. So do we have something similar available for Fiesta?
Ford may not have anything that I know, other than the rubber beading that comes in the front bumper corners. If you fix any after-market metal protector, your car might find place in the 'weird and wacky mod jobs' thread here. Best is to keep a psychological distance infront (if you can see the tires of the front vehicle, you are in the safe zone).

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
Now you need to get some T-BHP stickers up there pronto!
I love to 'show off' as a team-bhp man on road, but wondering what I would do with all those 10 stickers !

Quote:
Originally Posted by balajird View Post
..not sure if a chrome line in the side strip will add more touch to it, may be a PP will help in this case...Good to hear that someone really appreciates good driving
It adds more touch or not, I will be Rs.2000 poorer by liking chrome lined strips. Yes it will be making a heaven on roads, if you are surrounded by people who appreciate each other, making way for others, patiently waiting for GREEN at junctions etc. Ohh I am dreaming too much.

I got the Allen Key driver for Rs.150 (for alloys) and the Jopasu car duster is yet to arrive. Neck rest (pad) is a necessity on long drives, but Ford is charging Rs.395 for the same. Need to check at car accessory shops. Bigbazar is selling them, but they look too cheap.

Last edited by shajufx : 24th August 2009 at 12:25.
Old 24th August 2009, 15:07   #328
BHPian

I am also in the market for a Sedan and after reading your thread, I have decided that it is Fiesta 1.6 for me. I got a quotation of 7.09 OTR for 1.6 zxi from Lathangi because of some special pricing for my company. The dealer is not giving any other discounts/freebies except mud flaps and mats.
Also, he quoted 22,250/- for insurance and I got a quote of 16.5 k from outside.

Shajufx, do you think this is a good deal or should I ask him for more?

P.S: Inquired with Metro and he said he cannot match this price.
P.P.S: Thinking of going for Diamond white
Old 24th August 2009, 17:51   #329
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandkumargb View Post
quotation of 7.09 OTR for 1.6 zxi from Lathangi because of some special pricing for my company. The dealer is not giving any other discounts/freebies except mud flaps and mats.
Also, he quoted 22,250/- for insurance and I got a quote of 16.5 k from outside.
Hi buddy, looks like a good deal. If Metro has commented on it, there is nothing like it. I had done the same thing putting both Metro and lathangi in the ring, bargaining from both side and atlast deciding on Metro, but eventually it was only a difference of Rs.2000 something. Corporate discount varies bigtime company to company, so you should check very well on that part. All other things are almost same for everyone. Nothing wrong in taking the insurance from your choice too, I didnt opt for it, because they were offering free insurance. When it comes to the showrooms and service centres, Metro has many, you might know that. All the best, diamond white is a great rocking colour.
Old 24th August 2009, 19:00   #330
BHPian

Thanks!!

Quote:
Hi buddy, looks like a good deal. If Metro has commented on it, there is nothing like it. I had done the same thing putting both Metro and lathangi in the ring, bargaining from both side and atlast deciding on Metro, but eventually it was only a difference of Rs.2000 something. Corporate discount varies bigtime company to company, so you should check very well on that part. All other things are almost same for everyone. Nothing wrong in taking the insurance from your choice too, I didnt opt for it, because they were offering free insurance. When it comes to the showrooms and service centres, Metro has many, you might know that. All the best, diamond white is a great rocking colour.
Thanks Shajufx, it was your thread that actually started me to think about Fiesta 1.6 as I had always wanted to buy a diesel car.

One more thing, I see a huge difference in the pricing of accessories between Lathangi and Metro. For example, in Lathangi, rear spoiler costs 10.5k for normal and 13.5k for Sports version. Metro quotes around 8k for the same. Thanks to the excel sheet that you uploaded in of the posts, I showed them that and they are saying unlike them, Metro may not provide genuine parts and finally he said that at max they can offer 9% discount. What do you suggest?

P.S: Sorry for hijacking your thread. Will shortly start a new thread. But this thread has become the No 1 go to thread for Fiesta buyers and you have become a real Fiesta expert.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed