Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th August 2009, 21:02   #241
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
The production cost could be hardly 300 bucks (you bet!) and they charge you 2500.
Well yeah, for all you know, they must be assembling that piece of crap in some garage on JC Road!

anyway, you giving them another chance sounds alright but tell you what, if you don't like the way those guys work around your car, show them the gate!

try and demand for compensation! (easier said than done) but give it a shot!
Old 10th August 2009, 21:20   #242
Senior - BHPian

Will surely do that ramki. There is a limit for anything, just practicing bit extra Gandhigiri ! Anyway you are learning through my experience, thats what makes me happy. Once you go through a tough lesson (be it anything), you would not want others suffer the same way.

Another update: The regional sales manager of Ford India called me from Chennai. He claimed that he had seen the email which I sent to the Ford India MD (posted many pages back) as well as every word posted on this thread. He is coming to Bangalore for 3 days (Wed,Thu, Fri) and wants to meet me personally to discuss few things. I frankly told him, 5 more fiestas are booked through me, and I was expecting some freebies than a casual meeting ! He said "It doesnt work that way". Anyway, lets see whats in store. I am very sure you guys will be more than interested to know about the meeting. Lets wait and see.
Old 10th August 2009, 21:24   #243
BHPian

You might want to give RD sensors a shot as well, apparently these are the ones used on Honda's as standard kits.

Automobile Accessories, Car Accessories India, RD, RD brand car accessories, Nano Car, Maruti Car, Mahindra Car, Honda Car, GM Car, Alto Car, Skoda Car, Tata Car, Hyundai Car, Toyota, Reverse Parking Sensors, Power Windows, Auto Window Closers, Car C

They even have a model with 'stick-on' sensors!! (simply stick the sensors onto the bumpers), came across this link on google while doing a search for the best ones in India! It's also recommended on a couple of T-BHP threads, may be worth giving them a call as well, just in case!

between, its made in China!!
Old 10th August 2009, 21:34   #244
Senior - BHPian

The best I found in my searches is Ford Parking Sensor | No Holes | Front & Rear Reverse Parking Sensors I had posted this much before I took the delivery itself, but could not find a single comment nor review from India, so I was not confident of ordering it. Best part is, there is no drilling on the bumper, its fixed inside the bumper end to end. Cost would be around 6k to 7k. Only issue is the service part in case of complaints.

If I am removing my present parking kit and throw it to the garbage, I may not be feeling too guilty, because atleast you can make a news about it, give a real head ache to the brand whichever way you want it, end of the day they might even compensate you to shut your bad mouthing. But what about something 3 times the cost and no service guarantee ?

Presently we have Redsoul, Scorpion, Cobra, Xenos, Auto cop and few other brands that have a wider network and service.
Old 10th August 2009, 21:46   #245
BHPian

Quote:
Will surely do that ramki. There is a limit for anything, just practicing bit extra Gandhigiri ! Anyway you are learning through my experience, thats what makes me happy. Once you go through a tough lesson (be it anything), you would not want others suffer the same way.

Another update: The regional sales manager of Ford India called me from Chennai. He claimed that he had seen the email which I sent to the Ford India MD (posted many pages back) as well as every word posted on this thread. He is coming to Bangalore for 3 days (Wed,Thu, Fri) and wants to meet me personally to discuss few things. I frankly told him, 5 more fiestas are booked through me, and I was expecting some freebies than a casual meeting ! He said "It doesnt work that way". Anyway, lets see whats in store. I am very sure you guys will be more than interested to know about the meeting. Lets wait and see.
Well, as a new car owner, you really should not be going through whatever you're going through with autocops but the reality is sad! this is exactly how 'us' consumers in India are treated. everyone wants to blame the other guy and wash their hands off the matter! (referring to the dealer that sold you this faulty system!)

If we were in the States, the dealer there would've probably given you a new car just for the fear of being Sued for all the inconvenience caused!!

Anyway, no worries buddy! get this issue sorted out! but very honestly, there is a certain luck factor associated with these electronic gadgets, irrespective of where it's installed from! as long as they work, they're great but a big pain at the wrong place when they start failing!

Awesome news amidst the tough time, yep! try and get that spoiler you've wanted out of that meeting!!
Old 10th August 2009, 22:14   #246
BHPian

Quote:
If I am removing my present parking kit and throw it to the garbage, I may not be feeling too guilty, because atleast you can make a news about it, give a real head ache to the brand whichever way you want it, end of the day they might even compensate you to shut your bad mouthing. But what about something 3 times the cost and no service guarantee ?

Presently we have Redsoul, Scorpion, Cobra, Xenos, Auto cop and few other brands that have a wider network and service.
Makes sense! saw a couple of imported sensors on 20north.com but yeah, no one here to service is a valid point!

Have a bad experience with Xenos personally, my Santro has its central locking system installed by them! Works pathetically, half the time, i end up opening the doors manually! worse, the alarm doesn't go off either when i do that, just the parking lights keep blinking!

Every time i call the Xenox guy, he promptly comes, replaces the battery and scoots, worse he charges me 50rs for the battery replacement! got it replaced twice, works for exactly a week! stopped even worrying anymore, learnt to live with it!!
Old 11th August 2009, 14:54   #247
Senior - BHPian

Dead Pedal Project already ON

Dead pedal (foot rest) is a necessity in our crowded cities as 90% of the time we are in bumper to bumper traffic. I have started doing creative searches and enquiries related to this. The cheapest way will be a DIY project that involves bit of calculation, metal/aluminium sheet or a metal switch board, few handy tools and some leisure time. Here is something that inspired me bigtime Installing A Dead Pedal

Last edited by shajufx : 11th August 2009 at 14:56.
Old 11th August 2009, 17:35   #248
BHPian

Shaju,

Looks like you are enjoying your Fiesta except for the Autoflop..Oops I meant Autocop reverse indicator. Nice to hear that the Ford managers are looking into these threads and and meeting customers. Things like these would go a long way in enhancing their After Sales Service.

I had a query related to my Aux input and had sent an email to Ford MD sometime back, however to my surprise this has never been attended to. I also posted the same in ICE forum. It would be helpful if you could PM me his contact details and I could reach out to him and find out if he could be of any assistance.

Thanks in advance

Shaju

I agree with your comment about the Dead Pedal especially in bumper to bumper traffic. I would go for it provided it does not affect the warranty.

It would be better if you could have a written confirmation from Ford as they have claimed that adding a wire to enable the Aux input would void the warranty

Keep enjoying your Fiesta minus the Autoflop....Oops Autocop

Quote:
Dead Pedal Project already ON

Dead pedal (foot rest) is a necessity in our crowded cities as 90% of the time we are in bumper to bumper traffic. I have started doing creative searches and enquiries related to this. The cheapest way will be a DIY project that involves bit of calculation, metal/aluminium sheet or a metal switch board, few handy tools and some leisure time. Here is something that inspired me bigtime Installing A Dead Pedal

Last edited by Jaggu : 11th August 2009 at 17:56. Reason: Back to back posts, also use multi quotes, Thanks
Old 11th August 2009, 19:03   #249
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillout View Post
I had a query related to my Aux input and had sent an email to Ford MD sometime back, however to my surprise this has never been attended to.......It would be better if you could have a written confirmation from Ford as they have claimed that adding a wire to enable the Aux input would void the warranty
Hi buddy, yours was a technical enquiry as I understand, so you need to consult the accessory guys according to me. I had sent a mail to the HO only for my booking, delivery related issues. Majority of the technical clarifications can be done at the dealer itself. Aux input part, I am not yet clear about what you meant. Did you mean your Aux input is not working, or need to add some wire to get it working ? Please clarify. I havent used it yet, so I dont know how it functions.

Warranty getting void: There are many things that can cause this situation right from upgrading the wheel from 14" to 15" according to the accessory guys. Many owners upgrade tires and continue having no technical issues. If something goes wrong with the suspension or any related parts, warranty will be a big question mark with a wider or broader tire than the stock. Thats one reason dealers dont sell 15" sports version alloy and tire to other variants.

My Updates as of now:

Reverse Parking sensor is completely removed and replaced with a brand new piece and its working perfect now, it was installed by the dealer accessory guy at my place. Brand remains the same as 'Autocop' but I find the model has been changed from 'Parking Master' to 'Parkpro' without any extra payment. I hope and pray its not a cheaper version .

Steering leather cover is stitched for 500 bucks. I am not very fond of the quality, but it will serve me until I upgrade to complete leather seats at a later stage. Quality of the material is just OK OK, but the guy who stitched it has goofed up. Its not a uniform stitching, bulges out at 4 places as if he slept while doing it. It could have been a better stitching by all means. Anyway I will use it for few days and get it restitched if required. Handstitched steering leather cover can never get closer to the SXI machine stitched cover.

Side Strips: Now thats another long story. Body coloured side strips that cost 3000 was ordered on 24th July 2009 (advance payment of 1100), thats 18 days back ! I was informed that the strips have reached the dealer on 6th August Thursday and getting painted and dried so that it could be fixed on 8th Saturday at the maximum. Today 11th, thats 6th day of their painting ( I wonder if they take it back to chennai to paint it inch by inch each day ) I am informed that the strips have got a scratch !! (Mods please allow me more icons here).

Inspite of all these waiting, painting, drying, scratching, walking, talking, I am given another promise that it will be fixed within 24 hours. WOWWWW, something that didnt happen in the last 18 days of waiting is going to happen in 24 hours ?? Presently all my issues are connected to the silliest of things (autocop, steering cover, side strips). And it really irritates. I am kneeling down and praying, nothing major happen in my ownership, I may not be able to take it.

NOTE: All whatever is posted here are purely personal experiences. No biased views nor purposeful attacks on anyone. I like to keep this thread as a sincere sharing of real-time experiences throughout the ownership.

Last edited by shajufx : 11th August 2009 at 19:07.
Old 11th August 2009, 20:45   #250
Senior - BHPian

read this thread from the 1st page till the last, and can't help smile like a baby. my car is due in the next fortnight and I just got DOUBLE the excitement. i feel like going and taking delivery of my car tomorrow.
I learnt about lots and lots of new features in the Fiesta, that Ford themselves doesnt advertise too well on their (rubbish) website. Special thanks to Shaju for that very reason. The dead pedal project looks good, and it would be an awesome favour if you could get 2-3 of these fabricated (from outside) if the design is a success.

As for the minor niggles, Shaju, this is similar to your signature. A very prominent author says, "Happiness come to those who dare to wait." And your wait consists of faulty parking sensors, missing cars and side strips, conspicuous by their absence. LOL.
Have a great journey with your Morello baby. I am looking forward to mine soon. Can't hardly wait!

Cheers!

PS: a big favour required from any new fiesta owner. Can you take a ruler/tape and measure the MAX and MIN dimensions of the speaker grille in the front doors? Photos of the front and backside of the door pad and the metal portion of the door would be AWESOME and of great help. Need this urgently as it will assist in planning my ICE. There was a major upgrade planned, but I would like to see how feasible the existing components fit. Thanks in advance.
Old 11th August 2009, 21:10   #251
BHPian

Reverse Parking sensor - AWESOME!!

Steering leather cover - I thought you got the steering column from the SXI minus the Airbag installed? (Leather wrapped)

Side Strips - Once you get them, make the dealer run around for the rest of the money for the exact number of days they've made you wait for the strips!!

and am sure you'll have a very smooth ownership experience with your beauty once you get over these initial hiccups!!

@ frankie, i seriously believe the Stock ICE on the fiesta sounds way better than the music my 10k worth music system on my Santro produces! anyway, i'll send you the measurements as soon as they show me my car! Damn, they wont even show it to me!

Last edited by raamki : 11th August 2009 at 21:12.
Old 11th August 2009, 21:28   #252
Senior - BHPian

hi raamki. patience is a virtue.. LOL.
i have a lot of serious equipment lying around at home. so yea, I will definitely be upgrading the ICE. i am quite eager to see the measurements. a li'l apprehensive about things. Wish they had the stock 6.5 inch slots. the fiesta would THEN be the PERFECT car for me !
Old 11th August 2009, 21:37   #253
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Frank for the kind words. Dead pedal thing is taking shape, I am waiting for the weekend. Will consider different methods and see what comes as the simplest and best. Will update here without fail.

About all those minor niggles, you really get mad with the unlimited number of phone calls you make, fake promises and commitment on time, that you dont expect after paying 7+ just like that. I find them worth sharing here, so that other members dont take things for granted.

Instead of doing all those measuring and guessing, you could straightaway contact our sathee who did an elaborate upgrade of the ICE in the S variant itself http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/members/sathee46.html He would be able to answer all your doubts very quick. There are few others too who have upgraded ICE and posted reports, links which I dont remember.

Raamki, first I thought of doing that SXI steering exchange, but it costs 5500. Right now I have spent only 500 and I could do with it until I consider total leather seating. Even without a steering cover, ZXI steering wheel is smooth (rubbery feel) enough, so its not a 'must' upgrade.

Stock music system is good enough unless you are a music director or a singer by profession. Why do we need upgrades ? Its to get detailing of the music what you listen to. Right ? Even a decent amp and sub connected to the stock system itself could make a huge difference for an enthusiast, keeping the dash board aesthetics to its best. I just love the dashboard as it is, cant think of any upgrade other than a touch screen 2 DIN unit.

I had never felt a crave for driving, until I owned a Fiesta. Yesterday I took it for a round, I came back home only because of the 'mental restriction' of tire upgrade in mind. ODO is already 137, I am promised of best exchange of tires under 150 kms. So, tire upgrade is my immediate priority which might be done before the weekend itself.

Another negative about fiesta is: It wont allow you to take your leg off the gas pedal !! Literally. The exhaust note is too addictive, trust me, I am never going above 3000 RPM (impatiently waiting to hear it above 4000 RPM), but the engine sound is amazing, I rolled down my windows to get a proper audition of this, why do we need ICE ? Even if I am given the best ICE in the car, my habit is to keep skipping every track after the first line. So, I am enjoying my engine music more than anything until I get tired !!
Old 11th August 2009, 23:18   #254
BHPian

Nice to hear that your Autocop got finally fixed, hope it does not trouble you any more. I have a 2008 Fiesta and it has the 6 cd stock player. I wanted to use the Aux to connect to my Ipod. Apparently you need a special cable which only 1 Ford dealer has been able to provide. Its a simple cable and for this they charge over 1000. I felt it ridiculous and hence sent an email to Ford. This cable is not available any where else.

[quote=shajufx;1427122]Hi buddy, yours was a technical enquiry as I understand, so you need to consult the accessory guys according to me. I had sent a mail to the HO only for my booking, delivery related issues. Majority of the technical clarifications can be done at the dealer itself. Aux input part, I am not yet clear about what you meant. Did you mean your Aux input is not working, or need to add some wire to get it working ? Please clarify. I havent used it yet, so I dont know how it functions.
Old 12th August 2009, 00:18   #255
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
Wish they had the stock 6.5 inch slots. the fiesta would THEN be the PERFECT car for me !
Hmmm, sure hope they do!!

Quote:
Thanks Frank for the kind words. Dead pedal thing is taking shape, I am waiting for the weekend. Will consider different methods and see what comes as the simplest and best. Will update here without fail.

Raamki, first I thought of doing that SXI steering exchange, but it costs 5500. Right now I have spent only 500 and I could do with it until I consider total leather seating. Even without a steering cover, ZXI steering wheel is smooth (rubbery feel) enough, so its not a 'must' upgrade.

Stock music system is good enough unless you are a music director or a singer by profession. Why do we need upgrades ? Its to get detailing of the music what you listen to. Right ? Even a decent amp and sub connected to the stock system itself could make a huge difference for an enthusiast, keeping the dash board aesthetics to its best. I just love the dashboard as it is, cant think of any upgrade other than a touch screen 2 DIN unit.

I had never felt a crave for driving, until I owned a Fiesta. Yesterday I took it for a round, I came back home only because of the 'mental restriction' of tire upgrade in mind. ODO is already 137, I am promised of best exchange of tires under 150 kms. So, tire upgrade is my immediate priority which might be done before the weekend itself.

Another negative about fiesta is: It wont allow you to take your leg off the gas pedal !! Literally. The exhaust note is too addictive, trust me, I am never going above 3000 RPM (impatiently waiting to hear it above 4000 RPM), but the engine sound is amazing, I rolled down my windows to get a proper audition of this, why do we need ICE ? Even if I am given the best ICE in the car, my habit is to keep skipping every track after the first line. So, I am enjoying my engine music more than anything until I get tired !!
There is a dead pedal in the lowest version of a Santro that costs 2.9L onroad! Am surprised it's not on the Fiesta! Maybe you should mention this point to the guy from Ford you are going to meet soon. Anything that the future owners can benefit from is good!

Okay, i was wondering if I should go for the SXI steering for a more comfy feel but if there's not much of difference, then i'll probably spend that money on something else for the car. And moreover, i was a little skeptical about the idea of having the entire steering column removed and replaced in the first place.

Yep, get those tires replaced and race down the NICE road to begin your journey with her buddy!! Btw, i love every bit of what you've mentioned about the exhaust note!! vrooom vroooooom, music to the ears baby!!

about the stock ICE, we (me and wifey) spent a good 20 mins fiddling with the music system on one of the fiesta's in the showroom and boi, we were impressed! it sounded a zillion times better than what i've been listening to for the last 4 years in my santro!! but i feel, ICE'ing a car is a huge passion in itself!

anyway, as of now, the only immediate upgrades lined up on our platinum is the side strips (really hope its delivered with the car), and the seat covers and the reverse parking sensors.

I want to switch to alloys eventually but was wondering if i should run the car on stock tyres for the first 3 months maybe! do you know how much the value of the stock tyres go down by, once over 150Kms?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks