Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd July 2009, 14:35   #121
Senior - BHPian

The D-Day has Come !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caramelo View Post
this shows your love and affection towards the car. you really love her don't you!
Yes deeply in LOVE!! Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuttapan View Post
what you hear about car salesmen are generally true, irrespective of the brand.
Very true. You cant believe anyone these days. Should talk to the sales manager whenever there is a clarification, I learned it hard way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Shaju, the D-Day has finally come and you must be in the showroom now.
Yes I am back home, but without the Parking Sensor, Number Plate and the Steering wheel cover ! Sales guy proved again that he is good for nothing. Now the promise is getting all these to my home by evening. Lets see where will that promise stand.

About the sunfilm, I wanted the lightest shade, and they did it after doing the RTO formalities yesterday. Now the power window buttons are sealed with a thick paper, so that I dont roll the winows for next 18 hours. I am not planning to take the car out until the Number plate and Parking sensors are fixed. So no issues !
================================================== ===

ODO was at 31 kms. Drive to home was a pleasure even though it was a bumper to bumper move in most places. Filled 20 ltrs at the nearest HP station. Those attendants put the diesel hose into my tank, they would have filled diesel if I didnt jump out and scream "PETROLLL". I have never seen any petrol bunk attendants as quick as these guys at cauvery junction. As soon as you open the tank lid, they are inserting the hose !!

Anyway it was a lucky day for me. No scratches, no mistakes, no shocks. My wife and 3 month old girl were with me, so I was extra extra careful. Getting used to the car part, I didnt even feel that I was driving a sedan, that too straight from the showroom, except the fluttering blue ribbon (we removed it at the HP bunk) and the plastic covers all over the interior. We didnt feel or hear any bad stretches inside unless it was a wide open gutter.

I will remove all those plastics (I hate plastic covers) once the steering cover stitching and the Parking sensors are done. Camel colour is very sensitive to dust and dirt. So, I have no clue how long it will remain clean.

Now some initial photos taken at the showroom. I can bet, this will be the first face-lifted Morello colour Fiesta 1.6 ZXI posted on the whole web. I have desperately searched many search engines, but could not find even a single photo in the last 2 months. Will post more after the remaining accessories are done. I MAKE USE OF THIS OPPORTUNITY TO THANK EVERYONE WHO STOOD WITH ME THROUGHOUT THIS ONE MONTH WAITING AND GUIDED ME IN MANY ASPECTS ! I AM HUMBLED

Ford Fiesta 1.6 ZXI: Upgraded ICE, Tires, Lights & now Seats-1.jpg

Ford Fiesta 1.6 ZXI: Upgraded ICE, Tires, Lights & now Seats-2.jpg

Ford Fiesta 1.6 ZXI: Upgraded ICE, Tires, Lights & now Seats-3.jpg

Ford Fiesta 1.6 ZXI: Upgraded ICE, Tires, Lights & now Seats-4.jpg

Ford Fiesta 1.6 ZXI: Upgraded ICE, Tires, Lights & now Seats-5.jpg

Ford Fiesta 1.6 ZXI: Upgraded ICE, Tires, Lights & now Seats-6.jpg

Ford Fiesta 1.6 ZXI: Upgraded ICE, Tires, Lights & now Seats-7.jpg

Ford Fiesta 1.6 ZXI: Upgraded ICE, Tires, Lights & now Seats-8.jpg

Ford Fiesta 1.6 ZXI: Upgraded ICE, Tires, Lights & now Seats-9.jpg

Ford Fiesta 1.6 ZXI: Upgraded ICE, Tires, Lights & now Seats-10.jpg
Old 23rd July 2009, 15:02   #122
Senior - BHPian

Fantastic. The morello color looks fantastic on the Fiesta. Congratulations Shaju wish you a wonderful ownership experience.

Last edited by sammyboy : 23rd July 2009 at 15:05.
Old 23rd July 2009, 15:09   #123
BHPian

She is a BEAUTY. Congrats Shaju. Drive Safe.

This is just me, but, I think you ought to change the wheel cover. If not alloys, atleast to something nicer.
Old 23rd July 2009, 15:12   #124
Senior - BHPian

Ah the dude with the new gf

Love the color. I see a 1.6S of the same color at our parking lot. Drool at it too.
Old 23rd July 2009, 15:27   #125
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats Shaju. That's a wonderful color on your fiesta. Here's wishing you many miles that you can happily crunch. So what upgrades are planned?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Filled 20 ltrs at the nearest HP station. Those attendants put the diesel hose into my tank, they would have filled diesel if I didnt jump out and scream "PETROLLL". I have never seen any petrol bunk attendants as quick as these guys at cauvery junction. As soon as you open the tank lid, they are inserting the hose !!
Such excellent service is also dangerous. Even i am scared each time they may fill petrol instead of diesel. So i stop the car, roll down the windows and show him my hand indicating "WAIT" then open the fuel lid and immediately step out and ensure the hose is that of diesel
Old 23rd July 2009, 15:36   #126
BHPian

So, the final decision is now clear. Its a FIESTA 1.6 ZXI Morello color (introduced 6 months back). I have not seen a single car in this color till today

This my friend is a clear Hyper exaggerated sales Pitch , I have a Fiesta Morello which is a year old and the best part is that I am from bangalore.
Old 23rd July 2009, 16:14   #127
Team-BHP Support

Shaju, congrats finally! The car looks beautiful in that color.

I dont have much hopes they would get the accessories over to your home. Most probably they would wait till you visit them again.

Once in a while i do get to see Fiestas in the Morello shade, so they arent that rare. But ofcourse, they appear rare when compared against the many silvers and so on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Love the color. I see a 1.6S of the same color at our parking lot. Drool at it too.
The 1.6S comes in this color?! I thought it was limited to the blue, black, and white.
Old 23rd July 2009, 16:17   #128
BHPian

hey congrats..atlast it happened.i have the same car but in paprika red!
do take some interior shots.it will just make things even better!!

i have gone for a light shade of tint and its better than the dark ones.
if you plan to change the tires ,try to do so before you start falling in love with the fun of driving cause you will be clocking miles too soon and will get nothing much for your OEM tires.
Old 23rd July 2009, 16:22   #129
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Shaju, congrats finally! The car looks beautiful in that color.

I dont have much hopes they would get the accessories over to your home. Most probably they would wait till you visit them again.

Once in a while i do get to see Fiestas in the Morello shade, so they arent that rare. But ofcourse, they appear rare when compared against the many silvers and so on.

The 1.6S comes in this color?! I thought it was limited to the blue, black, and white.
Will post a pix later. Should give our friend some ideas for mods and alloys
Old 23rd July 2009, 18:27   #130
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Shaju---the colour sure looks good! I'm surprised to know that they are giving the remote key even on the zxi now.
Old 23rd July 2009, 19:23   #131
BHPian

Quote:
Congrats Shaju---the colour sure looks good! I'm surprised to know that they are giving the remote key even on the zxi now.
I got the same set of keys (one with remote and other without) for Jan '08 TDCi ZXi. Pretty neat.
Old 23rd July 2009, 19:26   #132
BHPian

Congrats on your new Ford Shaju, Hope you have your peace of mind throughout the ownership, between, i haven't read the whole thread, (pardon me for that), have you taken the TMP from Ford?
Old 23rd July 2009, 19:42   #133
BHPian

Brilliant colour! Congratulations. Do you plan to upgrade the tyres, they look skinny in the second picture of car.
Old 23rd July 2009, 20:06   #134
Senior - BHPian

Thanks everyone ! Its the only place I have ever found on the web worth sharing and caring and listening !

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
The morello color looks fantastic on the Fiesta. Congratulations....
Even if you tell me its the worst colour you have ever seen, I have no choice now ! ha ha ha, just kidding.
Quote:
Originally Posted by unni.ak View Post
I think you ought to change the wheel cover. If not alloys, atleast to something nicer.
Alloys coming soon, just a breathing space for my body and soul !

Quote:
Yes, 1.6 S comes in Aquarius, Black, White and Morello.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
So what upgrades are planned?
Giving some rest to my brains, I think it just stopped functioning from this morning. Hope it will be back to normal soon !

Quote:
Originally Posted by RP_812 View Post
This my friend is a clear Hyper exaggerated sales Pitch , I have a Fiesta Morello which is a year old and the best part is that I am from bangalore.
Agree 100%. I actually believed everything what the sales guy told me. But now I find Morello or very similar colours all over the place. On my way home I also saw one Indica (old model) at the petrol bunk. There is a saying, "when you shave your head, there will be rain of stones". How true it is !

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
My last line here will answer that. Thanks buddy ! Catch you up sometime soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariendj View Post
do take some interior shots.it will just make things even better!!
I will take more pics on Saturday. I didnt click much of interior, because I want them without the plastic covers around ! Tires and alloys, I have to wait for the month end even to think about. All Vit-M is taken away by Metro guys, because it was not a deal on loan !

Quote:
Will post a pix later. Should give our friend some ideas for mods and alloys
Eagerly waiting for suggestions. It takes a month to decide on anything these days ! You must have seen aged people taking so much of time to count currency ? Aged cells, ha ha ha !

Quote:
I'm surprised to know that they are giving the remote key even on the zxi now.
Yes new customers are blessed ! Gone are the days you had to pay a premium for ABS, Remote Keys, added comfort, in-built music system etc.

Quote:
have you taken the TMP from Ford?
If you meant Temporary reg number, actual number is ready. If it means anything else related to total protection or extended warranty, I havent taken anything now. Extended warranty can be added anytime within 1 year.

Quote:
they look skinny in the second picture
Cant agree more ! Feeling the stock for sometime, that way I will notice the difference after upgrading.

================================================== =====

Latest Update:

Two guys from Metro ford came home in the evening. Number plate is fixed, its not metal but acrylic (is it the right word for that plastic type sheet ?). Auto-cop reverse parking sensor (4 sensors) also is done (costed Rs.3600). It has a tiny LED display glued to the extreme left of the dash board and a beeper.

Does these sensors work in the night ? I still have to check it in different places and see how good it is. Now the only thing remaining is the steering wheel leather cover, which will be done during the day tomorow.

2 DIN stock music system is way better than I thought. It gives very crisp music and sufficient bass. I was used to a Sub+AMP and branded speakers, but after checking the stock system, I may not think about ICE until I get bored. There are lot of settings according to the manual as compression, Bass, Treble etc. Not yet tried any of that so far, still it sounds great. While checking in the evening, Kailash Kher was giving a real-time 'Aaoji' (Chaandan Mein) performance. I really liked it.

Tomorow, I plan to check every inch of the car part by part. Will report here whatever negatives I find anywhere as some of our members really requested.

As of now, I am ready to drive out. RC book and the Insurance papers should reach by courier within a week's time, I assume thats same for everyone. I rarely see photos of dashboard in the night on the web, which I always wanted to see of different brands. I will click few later tonite. Hope I am not missing anything important so far. Thanks for reading me. Thanks for all the wishes !
Old 23rd July 2009, 22:01   #135
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I can bet, this will be the first face-lifted Morello colour Fiesta 1.6 ZXI posted on the whole web. I have desperately searched many search engines, but could not find even a single photo in the last 2 months.
I apologise sincerely for the above remark, although it was a very genuine comment I made out of my searches. I found our own member 'Manjith' from chennai having a thread started back on 21st July 2008 (yes exactly 1 year back) with the same. Here is the link http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...fida-i-am.html I think the reason none of the search engines spotted this is due to the title 'Go Fida..'.

Sorry again if I hurt anyone's sentiments due to comments made. As mentioned above, 'my brain just stopped working from this morning' ! Hope to revive it faster.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks