Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd July 2009, 15:47   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Promise is only a promise (not as TATA gave on nano) from Ford dealer ! ........I am in a confusion now. If they cant commit a date on delivery, I will have to rethink my options again.
Yes, I had no choice but to cancel the booking as of now. The dealer is not able to deliver on time (10 days promised and today is the 10thday), nor can gurantee delivery in another 10 days. Its sad, but thats the truth. The much awaited 'driver's car' is not going to be with me as expected. Its really disappointing as the only reason I get is 'high demand and low production'. How can we believe what we hear ?

I really feel the new Fiesta (mostly hatchback) will be launched in another 4 or 5 months. Present stock and whatever they are going to produce from now on might be sold with great discounts and offers as exactly what is happening in Delhi and few other places.

Back to squire one, no clue where to start and what to look for !
Old 3rd July 2009, 16:28   #47
Senior - BHPian

So sorry to hear about your experience. Have you tried contacting the MD of Ford India in Chennai. I think they have an email id like write2md@ford.com---i've used it once and got a prompt response.
Old 3rd July 2009, 16:34   #48
Senior - BHPian

Bangalore has only 2 dealers, one is Metro and other is Lathangi. Metro is known for its better services and more number of showrooms and service centres. Lathangi is a dealer who migrated from Mitsubishi to Ford, their service is heard as pathetic.

In this situation, is there any use contacting the MD of Ford India ? I am sure the dealer also might be pissed off at the booking getting cancelled due to no fault of theirs. My mind is at rest now, waiting for 10 days and hearing of another uncertain waiting, I just thought I would cancel the booking and relax my brain. So, atleast I have a space to breath and think about the next step. Also I have 49000+ friends here to suggest and confuse me more .
Old 3rd July 2009, 20:02   #49
Senior - BHPian

Another Update from the Dealer

There is a new version of SXI coming out within 2 weeks, although I dont find any information anywhere. Its only a difference of 50k more from the present ZXI. So, whoever has booked ZXI is getting converted into SXI by the sales guys. Anyway I didnt want to take a chance. My booking remains cancelled. Hope to get back the amount tomorow.
Old 3rd July 2009, 22:08   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Another Update from the Dealer

There is a new version of SXI coming out within 2 weeks, although I dont find any information anywhere. Its only a difference of 50k more from the present ZXI. So, whoever has booked ZXI is getting converted into SXI by the sales guys. Anyway I didnt want to take a chance. My booking remains cancelled. Hope to get back the amount tomorow.

Lathangi Ford told me that waiting period is 15 days. Anyways, I'll be checking out the same once again tomorrow. Any idea on what's more on new Sxi? Even current Sxi is only 60K more than Zxi.
Old 4th July 2009, 09:33   #51
BHPian

Maybe they are going to add Automatic climate control?
IMO that's the only thing missing in Fiesta Vs the competition. (apart from the multifunction display which can't be added anyway)
Old 4th July 2009, 15:55   #52
Senior - BHPian

Even the sales guy has no clue what is going to be added ! I feel these guys are the last ones to be informed about their own brand products compared to the team-bhp members here ! Even the discount offers going on in Delhi was something they could not agree with me, atlast they had to, becuase the stocks to bangalore got delayed due to the excess demand in the north.
Old 4th July 2009, 16:09   #53

hey guys how about Fiesta 1.6S at 7.25 lac OTR after @ 80K discount. Bit confused whether to go for SXI or Sports. Guys please advice.
Old 4th July 2009, 16:49   #54
BHPian

I had a discussion with sales person in Lathangi Ford. As per him, new changes in Sxi are purely cosmetical and he is not very sure about the exact changes or date of new model.

Guess, the discount in north is only for exi model, not for zxi or sxi.

Shaju, if you are interested, try Lathangi Ford, they have a Zxi available immediately,may not be in the color of your choice. As per him it is 3-4 weeks of waiting period otherwise.
Old 4th July 2009, 21:33   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonelystar View Post
hey guys how about Fiesta 1.6S at 7.25 lac OTR after @ 80K discount. Bit confused whether to go for SXI or Sports. Guys please advice.
Sounds like a great deal same like the delhi offers of 5.5 (basic version) earlier. Means there is a chance of further discounts in the south too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marathp View Post
new changes in Sxi are purely cosmetical .....try Lathangi Ford, they have a Zxi available immediately,may not be in the color of your choice. As per him it is 3-4 weeks of waiting period otherwise.
Sxi changes are only cosmetical, but nobody knows what exactly it is. I had contacted Lathangi also, they had promised me 10 days delivery on ZXI my color choice without any hesitation. Reason was told that someone had already booked the same and cancelled it, so it would be delivered immediately once I confirm the booking. Now whome to believe ? I feel there are many cancellations going on with the mega-market of premium hatbacks taking the lead all over !

Anyway I will take a TD of Punto tomorow and see if I need to contact Lathangi and continue wishing for the 'drivers' car' further.
Old 5th July 2009, 09:13   #56
BHPian

I am also planning to TD GP and i20 over the next weekend. Fiesta is an excellent vehicle to drive, but I felt seating comfort is not good enough. I felt my 8 year old Santro has better seating comfort including thigh support. On the otherhand, interiors look very solid and built to last in Fiesta unlike Lineas interiors
Old 5th July 2009, 19:40   #57
Senior - BHPian

I did my TD of Punto and it was a big disappointment. I didnt like the plastic quality and lots of other small small drawbacks compared to the money you are paying for it.

Latest information from Ford dealer is, new bookings are asked to wait minimum 20 days for delivery. So do I get it in 10 days since I already waited for 10 days ? A big NO. It will take another 20 days, means my waiting would be a total of 30 days if I wanted to go ahead. Hell NO.

Moving back to i20 again. Tomorow another detailed TD of i20 is fixed. This time may be the hyundai bug might catch me in. But remember i20 Asta will make me wait 45 days !! Uffff..Sighhh.

Last edited by shajufx : 5th July 2009 at 19:42.
Old 5th July 2009, 22:16   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I did my TD of Punto and it was a big disappointment. I didnt like the plastic quality and lots of other small small drawbacks compared to the money you are paying for it.

Latest information from Ford dealer is, new bookings are asked to wait minimum 20 days for delivery. So do I get it in 10 days since I already waited for 10 days ? A big NO. It will take another 20 days, means my waiting would be a total of 30 days if I wanted to go ahead. Hell NO.

Moving back to i20 again. Tomorow another detailed TD of i20 is fixed. This time may be the hyundai bug might catch me in. But remember i20 Asta will make me wait 45 days !! Uffff..Sighhh.
I can imagine your anxiety---but when you are investing a huge amount on a car, don't you think it is wise to wait for a car that you like? In any case, you don't seem to be having an option but to wait--either for the Fiesta or the i20!
Old 6th July 2009, 09:28   #59
BHPian

Quote:
I did a short test drive of i20 yesterday. Yet to do a detailed one including highway drive. Comparing with Fiesta, i20 is loaded with features, (really loved the complete mirror folding feature apart from many others) good enough space with nice thigh support. Interiors are also of quality material. Drive was very smooth and light, where as I felt Fiesta to be heavy. Rear seat comfort also much better through pot holed roads. I guess for a sedate driver looking for a comfortable travel i20 is better than Fiesta. I am just waiting for 1.4 L engine release which is supposed to be by 7th Jul.
Old 6th July 2009, 11:04   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
but when you are investing a huge amount on a car, don't you think it is wise to wait for a car that you like?
Very true and agree with you 101% ! I still have not got my cheque from Ford. Within lunch time I will come to know what is next.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marathp View Post
I guess for a sedate driver looking for a comfortable travel i20 is better than Fiesta. I am just waiting for 1.4 L engine release which is supposed to be by 7th Jul.
Now that is a new topic for discussion. There are many sedan lovers who may not like this opinion. Premium hatchback is still a hatchback in India. Its a slow process of getting used to the idea of luxury in a hatchback here unlike Europe and US. Fabia started this idea and i20 added to it. Now we have a line of similar segments as Punto, Jazz and few more to come, ranging from 5.5 to 8 on road.

I havent heard from anyone about a direct i20 Vs Fiesta comparison. Would love to hear that if someone could do it. Its lot more than a 1.2 Vs 1.6 engine for sure. Although I wish to have a 1.4 on i20, that would defenitely be out of my budget.

Right now only Fiesta and i20 are in my list. I know its a hatchback Vs Sedan tug-of-war in mind. Many would say its not fair to compare. But I am ignoring the boot for the time being. I also need to ignore the engine (1.2 and 1.6) because its a mileage difference of almost 4 kms per litre. If I need power I need more petrol, if I need mileage I need less power. So, it balances out.

Comfort of handling, driving, stability, seating and overall feature rich product. Which side would I fall into ?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks