Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th September 2009, 23:56   #436

To all the Ford Fiesta enthusiasts: Has anyone managed to fit a dead pedal? The lack of a dead pedal is a pain after getting used to it on the Santro. The space to the left of the clutch seems a little less to fit the dead pedal though. Any comments?
Old 13th September 2009, 11:14   #437
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raju_kb98 View Post
By the way, has tyre noise dropped since you upgraded them? The tyre noise is one factor that I am not very happy with in the car.
I dont feel anything like a tire noise at all after upgrading to Michelin Energy XM1+, its like a transfer from rocking bed to super soft cotton bed ! Ride is softer and noise-free.

Quote:
Has anyone managed to fit a dead pedal? .....The space to the left of the clutch seems a little less to fit the dead pedal though. Any comments?
Dead pedal is part of my project, but somehow I am not getting the right one I want. Left side of the clutch is limited, thats one reason I find it bit difficult to design the proper one. A simple V shaped rod (2 inch breadth) with simplest fitting to the floor would be the only option.
Old 13th September 2009, 11:51   #438
BHPian

Quote:
has tyre noise dropped since you upgraded them? The tyre noise is one factor that I am not very happy with in the car.
hey buddy, welcome to the club!! strange, i'm running on stock tyres and i've never really paid attention to the noise from the tyres? i don't really hear anything unusual.

about the dead pedal, i somewhat used to miss it from the santro while i was getting used to driving the fiesta (i drive both the cars), but having driven the fiesta for over 700 kms, am now quite happy drawing my left foot all the way back and resting it on the floor just below the steering tunnel with my knee cap against the dash (to the right of the ICE). Whereas in the santro, am uncomfy resting my knee on the dash and hence have to use the dead pedal!!

not sure if i made sense, but am okay with the pedal not being there on the fiesta!
Old 14th September 2009, 17:11   #439
Senior - BHPian

I think dead pedal is useful in the city drives, as we have a signal or cross road coming up every 100 meters or less. If no signal or cross road, you are guranteed of a biker or rikshaw trying to race with you or squeeze through your space. Whereas highways, I dont remember shifting gears that much. So your left leg can rest on the floor for longer duration.

I had considered few designs and photo story of few other DIY projects on the dead pedal. The limited area left side of the clutch pedal is the hindrance. A standard size dead pedal can not fit in that area. If you are used to wearing a broader shoe or sandal, its higher chance that you end up pushing the dead pedal instead of the clutch many times, or atleast right half of the dead pedal and left half of the clutch pedal. Search is still ON, lets see if something good comes up.
Old 14th September 2009, 19:53   #440
BHPian

Shaju,

All the best for your DIY project. Keep us posted. Probably TBhp should start the sale of such custom-made accessories - only for TBhpains !!!

Thanks
Old 15th September 2009, 12:00   #441
Senior - BHPian

Ashish, there are plenty of DIY projects which we can dig out everyday. It will never end. The only problem is, there are many things which we are not supposed to hamper with, as it will void warranty. I have already taken the risk of upgrading my tires and alloys, upgrading the bulbs to 100/80. ICE is something which can be done right from 10k to 1 lak, that is one field which has no price restrictions, but I dont think I have enough Vit M even to think in that line.

Garware ICECOOL is getting installed on the front windsheild today. Thanks to Raamki sab for all the guidance. My Kerala drive is due on 19th, returning probably on 23rd. Major part of the drive will be during the day, so I will see how the ICECOOL is going to help me.
Old 15th September 2009, 16:17   #442
BHPian

Applied to the Fiesta Club!

Thanks to the good feedback from you Shaju, Vnabhi, Frank, Raamki and many others on the forum, I finally booked Fiesta 1.6 S yesterday. Will write a detailed report of the selection process later.

Our interactions with Mr. Atiq, of Lathangi Motors, right from the Test-drives, have been excellent. He went out of his way to accommodate our requests, and has promised to deliver a Sep 09 manufactured car. I would suggest him to any Bangloreans considering Ford vehicles.

Now the eager wait for the Delivery begins.
Old 15th September 2009, 16:35   #443
BHPian

Shaju, are the Garware guys coming to your office/resident or do you need to go their outlet.
I was planning on getting this done but i have already stuck parking stickers on the windscreen. I would guess they would first need to be removed and then the "ICECOOL" needs to be installed.
Is the price the same ie 2.5K ?
So another long drive coming up , we all will be waiting for the review.

Go Fida
Old 15th September 2009, 16:48   #444
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Govinda-Govinda View Post
I finally booked Fiesta 1.6 S yesterday. Will write a detailed report of the selection process later.
Congratulations, welcome to the Fiesta club. Now we have enough members for a Fiesta-team-bhp meet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yajaman99 View Post
are the Garware guys coming to your office/resident or do you need to go their outlet.
They will come to your house and do the installation. Price is the same what Raamki got (2.5k). Inside stickers should be removed for a perfect fitting. I dont have any except what Ford has fixed (round yellowish one on top and another longer blue sticker with the toll free number etc at bottom). May be that can remain there, I need to check.

Infact they were supposed to do it today, someone called me and fixed the time for 2.30pm too, but I had to go out for something urgent, so when they called again, I told them to do it another day. Probably next week, because I dont want to risk a 2 day gap between the sun film installation and long drive. I heard it takes atleast 4 to 6 days for a complete settling down of the film. Side windows we wouldnt have minded, but this is front windshield, so I might get it only next weekend. Atleast no fear of bubbles or smudges on a long drive !
Old 15th September 2009, 17:02   #445
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks to the good feedback from you Shaju, Vnabhi, Frank, Raamki and many others on the forum, I finally booked Fiesta 1.6 S yesterday. Will write a detailed report of the selection process later.

Our interactions with Mr. Atiq, of Lathangi Motors, right from the Test-drives, have been excellent. He went out of his way to accommodate our requests, and has promised to deliver a Sep 09 manufactured car. I would suggest him to any Bangloreans considering Ford vehicles.

Now the eager wait for the Delivery begins.
@govinda: congo pal on the 1.6S. Its a stonker of a car. Whats the color ur booking?
Old 15th September 2009, 19:27   #446
BHPian

Quote:
Congrats Govinda and welcome to the club!! looking forward to reading your booking experience!! it's been 2 years since i moved to south bangalore (live off the bannerghatta rd - very close to where lathangi has their showroom), and i haven't spotted a single fiesta S in aquarius blue the whole time, so coming to think of it, your's may be the first one in the area, lol!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
May be that can remain there, I need to check.
No No, do not leave any stickers on, that blue road assistance sticker is also available on one of the door windows and the number is also printed on the service booklet, ensure you get them to remove it before installation, like i said, do not leave any chances for bubbles to appear.
Old 15th September 2009, 19:39   #447
BHPian

Quote:
My Kerala drive is due on 19th, returning probably on 23rd.
Hi Shaju, wishing you a safe and happy trip. I'm sure you will enjoy the first of many long trips that are to come.
Old 15th September 2009, 19:45   #448
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raamki View Post
do not leave any chances for bubbles to appear.
Thanks for that tip. I will remove them as I get time and keep the inside glass as clean as possible before the installation day is fixed. I was very curious to feel the difference on someone's car with the front windscreen sunfilm fixed, but unfortunately nobody has it in my society whom I know.

Thanks Unni for the wishes ! I know its like a weekly routine for you .
Old 15th September 2009, 19:46   #449
BHPian

Thank you.

@Shajufx - Count me in on the meets please
@Premjit - Its The Blue
@raamki - I live in 'North by North East' of B'lore, but might seek your help during PDI, considering you stay so close!
Old 15th September 2009, 19:55   #450
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Unni for the wishes ! I know its like a weekly routine for you .
Too much. Looking forward to your drive experience.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks