Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th October 2009, 17:58   #541
Senior - BHPian

Finally the ICE-Day is just few hours away !

I have fixed on the selections, negotiated prices, compared brands, so the ICEing day is tomorow 15th October 2009. Final list is the same as posted before, with a minor change of Subwoofer size. Fiesta 2 Din Head Unit is retained for the time being. Rear speakers will be removed and that space left empty, it wont show any difference from inside as we are not removing those covers. Here is the final list:

Blaupunkt 4 channel Amp: THA 475 PnP (75 watts X 4 @ 4 ohm)
Rockford Fosgate 12" sub: P1S412 (150 watts RMS)
Hertz 5 X 7 Components: ESK 570

Fuse and Power cable
PnP series Fiesta specific wiring kit (provided by Blaupunkt)
Sub woofer Box

Installation is fixed for tomorow. Will come back with more details.

Last edited by shajufx : 14th October 2009 at 18:05.
Old 14th October 2009, 18:16   #542
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
ICECOOL is done only on the front windsheild.
Shaju, this might sound like a dumb question, but is the film stuck on the inside or the outside of the windshield?
Old 14th October 2009, 18:16   #543
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
......... Here is the final list:

Fuse and Power cable
Sub woofer Box

That sounds delicious, a fantastic car - just gonna sound better with the ICE upgrade. Just wondering - have you auditioned the Polk 'db' compos too?

@Gilead: Film is always on the inside.

Cheers,
Old 14th October 2009, 18:26   #544

Quote:
Here is the final list:

Fuse and Power cable
Sub woofer Box

Congratulation Brother; Happy ICEing. Blow it on full Volume and let us hear the fantastic clarity.
Old 14th October 2009, 18:46   #545
BHPian

Hi Shaju for air fresheners try to get these 'My Shaldan',have been using it my car and the lime smell is fantastic not too strong.Here is the link My Shaldan Air Fresheners | Higante Works, Ltd. Co.
Old 14th October 2009, 18:50   #546
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
is the film stuck on the inside or the outside of the windshield?
I was laughing so loud my wife came and asked "are you totally gone insane ?". I said "Not yet, may be soon". Its inside. Imagine the scratches it can invite even being inside, if it is outside, you would have to change them every month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravveendrra View Post
have you auditioned the Polk 'db' compos too?
I desperately wanted Polk, Focal and Kicker auditions, but sadly couldnt spot anyone that could give a hearing. I believe what I have chosen is the cheapest and best within my budget. Total is estimated just 25k all inclusive.

Quote:
try to get these 'My Shaldan'
Yogi, I have heard this brand somewhere, but do you get them locally ?
Old 14th October 2009, 18:55   #547
BHPian

Yeah at least here in Mumbai we get it.
Old 14th October 2009, 19:45   #548
BHPian

@Shaju --Great Diwali Gift for the Fiesta. Waiting for the tomorrows update eagerly.
How much did the 5x7 Hertz components cost.
Do post a video for all of us to enjoy
Old 14th October 2009, 20:09   #549
Senior - BHPian

Bit info about the ICE

Rockford Fosgate 12" Sub will be fixed in a sealed enclosure which is H+W+D in the 14+18.75+10 inch respectively (as recommended in the official product site).

Blaupunkt THA 475 PnP amplifier has car specified wiring kit. Fiesta wiring kit that comes as accessory from Blaupunkt will make the installation like a plug & play. No cutting of wires nor playing around with the electricals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yajaman99 View Post
How much did the 5x7 Hertz components cost. Do post a video for all of us to enjoy
Hertz is quoted 6.5k, I think its worth, will comment from real experience tomorow. Video, I am really sorry folks, installation is taking place in my apartment parking. With the Fiesta hair-cut etc. people are already thinking I am gone almost fully insane. Now when they find me moving around the car for over an hour with a Video cam, LOL, I cant imagine the rest. Here very few might understand what I am trying to do. No team-bhpians to give a moral support too.

Anyone interested in being part of the installation ? Hearty welcome to whoever wants to be part of this. PM me if you are interested, I will give you location details. Its on the outer ring road between Hebbal flyover and BEL Circle. Expected time for the installation boys to arrive: between 11.00 to 11.30am.
Old 14th October 2009, 20:11   #550
BHPian

Shaju@ Congrats for accomplishment of one more project
Last week when I visited accessories shop there I got chance to see JBL,SONY,Pioneer and few more brands and each brand is having a separate demo room where you can test these systems.

I am pretty ok with stock speakers but in my wishlist I have sub-woofer & 4 channel Amp. I have not done any research as of now so don't know how many watt's of speaker & amp etc is required.

My plan is to use Amp to feed stock 2 rear speakers & Sub-woofer. The sales rep told me that if I want to connect stock speakers then I need to use 4 channel Amp else 2 channel is sufficient.

BTW what is the brand of stock speakers you have?

Last edited by kumar7 : 14th October 2009 at 20:15.
Old 14th October 2009, 20:56   #551
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumar7 View Post
don't know how many watt's of speaker & amp etc is required......My plan is to use Amp to feed stock 2 rear speakers & Sub-woofer. ....BTW what is the brand of stock speakers you have?
I think a normal music fan will be happy with 40 Watts X 4 set up (RMS). Stock speakers are of 25 watts 'Made in China' to be named 'Chiyan Hiyan Huu' very soon by Ford India . I would not waste my money on an Amplifier to power the stock speakers, because it might sound crap with an amplified power. But I must say Fiesta speakers are much better than many other stock speakers. I am taking for granted even the stock HU will sound good amplified, fingers crossed until tomorow !

I dont think many will compare a computer 2.1 system to a car audio. My PC has a Creative Inspire 2500 (2.1). Its specifications are 60 watts PMPO which is 29 watts RMS. Thats 6 watts RMS each to left and right speakers, 17 watts RMS to the Subwoofer (6 inch I think). I am very happy with the quality, bass punch and the clarity of music. It sounds like a 50k unit if heard from another room. PC is kept in a 200 sq feet room.

Now, what kind of space we have in a Fiesta ? 40 Sq Ft ? May be ! But we have less than 5 feet gap from floor to roof. So its an airtight cabin which will empower amplified music to great quality. Taking the engine, road noise etc into consideration, one would be happy with the 40 Watts X 4 as a start. Just my thought, I am not an audio guru.

My home theatre (5.1 DTS) is 1000 watts RMS according to the manual specifications. I can easily break my window glasses if I pump up the volume to 70% or less ! And thats in a 400 Sq Ft room.

Please excuse if I am talking rubbish here. You could forgive me considering it as some non-sense from an overexcited, half crazy Fiesta buddy.
Old 14th October 2009, 21:16   #552
BHPian

We perfectly understand your state of mind right now, so no problem. Tomorrow at 11:00am the ICEing will begin.
Old 14th October 2009, 22:59   #553
BHPian

@shajufx
Good for you that you own a Inspire 2.1. My cousin spent close to 30k on ICE'ing his Dzire and was showing off to me about the sound's "fullness". All i did was take him home and switch on my Altec Lansing 90 watt Rms 2.1.(7.5k) After listening to the same songs, his face looked like he swallowed something disgusting

All im saying is it is very hard for a car stereo to match up to the processing power of PC.

Sorry for the
Old 15th October 2009, 00:25   #554
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogi1771 View Post
Hi Shaju for air fresheners try to get these 'My Shaldan',have been using it my car and the lime smell is fantastic not too strong.Here is the link My Shaldan Air Fresheners | Higante Works, Ltd. Co.
Yep, thats the one i was talking about as well, the lemon fragrance!! saw it @ spar the other day.

12 Pack My Shaldan Lime :: My Shaldan by the Box :: My Shaldan Air Fresheners | Higante Works, Ltd. Co.
Old 15th October 2009, 00:43   #555
BHPian

@dpkol : not too sure how i missed your first post but congrats my friend on your morello and your new found twin bro!!

welcome to the club, drive safe!!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks