Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th October 2009, 14:27   #511

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Secondly I am not yet a senior bhpian neither Raamki ,
Thank you Sahjufx. You and some others may not be senior BHPian as per norms, however I really appreciate your thorough understanding and valuable guidance to take the correct decision and yes I'm already sure that I have taken the correct decision.

Regarding being gentle with my baby, believe me, till I purchase, I alone most of the time stand in front of my car in my garage/parking and appreciate the wonder and beauty. Kolkata, having one of the most pathetic traffic sense city, I seldom take my car out in a fear to have some scratch in it. However I again cann't wait to have the pleasure of sitting in it behind the steering.

Hey Yajaman : Thanks buddy for your wish.

I think I got a good deal of getting the car at 6.39L on road along with free accessories of Mud Flaps along with 2 years extended warranty (Rs. ~9000/- odd) and Foot mats against the normal 7.3-7.4L price due to corporate discount.

Subsequetly I have purchased revrse parking sensor (4 sensors and distance indicator on the rear view mirror), extra good quality plyethylin Foot Mats (Ford ones being again of carpet material which may absorbs dust), some teddys, Mobile charger.

In next course, I am planning to have Michelin Alloy wheels (again inspired by the thread) and GPS car navigator. I want your and other members' guidance/advice on the same to make my baby even more beautiful.

It's too early to comment on the mileage, however I feel I am getting nearly 11KM in city and think that's quite acceptable/normal.
Old 9th October 2009, 14:50   #512
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedkrish View Post
In my first week after taking delivery of the car it was 8.5
Second tank full was 9.5
Now it should be between 9.5 & 10.5

Highways was 12.5 and 13.5-14.0 on one trip

Would mileage improve after 1st service of 5000kms?
I don't think so may be a marginal improvement,cause that's the mileage i get around 9.5-10 in Mumbai traffic with 100% ac on and on the highways 13.5-14.0 after 3.7yrs of ownership.
Old 9th October 2009, 14:55   #513
Senior - BHPian

Improvement of mileage after 1st service is yet to be experienced in my case. I have posted my mileage figures in the previous pages, I think the average comes to be 12.85 kmpl.
Old 9th October 2009, 15:35   #514
Senior - BHPian

dpkol
Congratulation on your new purchase!
Fiesta Ownership numbers keep raising on a daily basis.,

You have got a very good price-6.39L on Road !

I have bought one (took delivery on 26th of Sept) and ex showroom price itself was
Rs.6.48L + Road Tax at 6% + extended warranty for 2 years Rs.8300, Regn costs etc
Rs.1000, FCK Rs.2240(mud flops+mats), Reverse Parking Sensor Rs.2500/- (fitted by ford dealer) - It crosses Rs.7L total.
Anyway, car price depends/varies state to state and dealer to dealer.
I have already driven around 700kms and raring to go - sunch nice feeling of driving this car.
Enjoy driving
Cheers !
Old 9th October 2009, 15:53   #515

Hi nairrk,

Thanks buddy and I reciprocate hearty congratulation to you too! The difference of price is only because of corporate discount I got worth 75K and I also got 4 Mud flaps + 4 Foot Mats + 1 Dicky Mat free.

However it seems you got a good deal on the reverse parking sensor of 2500/- against mine of 4000/-. Which make is it and how many sensors fitted. I am finding all my 4 sensors are slightly loose fitted and having some play. Is these normal?

I have personally fitted the Garware Sunfilms worth 3500/-(I missed in my earlier post), Reverse Parking Sensor, 4 Plyethylin Foot Mats (750/-), Mobile Charger (450/-), Glass Perfume (300/-).

I agree with you; it's a plasure driving the Biesta....

I request the experineced BHPian to guide me on my eralier queries on next purchase of Michelin Alloy wheels and Car Navigators (which make is the best with widest coverage of maps in 10-15K range?)
Old 9th October 2009, 17:04   #516
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpkol View Post
Hi nairrk,

Thanks buddy and I reciprocate hearty congratulation to you too! The difference of price is only because of corporate discount I got worth 75K and I also got 4 Mud flaps + 4 Foot Mats + 1 Dicky Mat free.

However it seems you got a good deal on the reverse parking sensor of 2500/- against mine of 4000/-. Which make is it and how many sensors fitted. I am finding all my 4 sensors are slightly loose fitted and having some play. Is these normal?

I have personally fitted the Garware Sunfilms worth 3500/-(I missed in my earlier post), Reverse Parking Sensor, 4 Plyethylin Foot Mats (750/-), Mobile Charger (450/-), Glass Perfume (300/-).

I agree with you; it's a plasure driving the Biesta....

I request the experineced BHPian to guide me on my eralier queries on next purchase of Michelin Alloy wheels and Car Navigators (which make is the best with widest coverage of maps in 10-15K range?)
+
Hai, thanks yours.
The Reverse Parking sensor fitted by ford dealer.
The Name is PARK MASTER (Manufactured by Keystone Appliancse pvt ltd, Nashik).
It has got four sensors fitted and looks nice /working nice presently.

The Dealer told me that this system is approved by Ford hence they fit this model to all cars (whoever opt for parking sensor).

Thanks
Old 9th October 2009, 17:10   #517
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
you got a good deal on the reverse parking sensor of 2500/- against mine of 4000/-. Which make is it and how many sensors fitted. I am finding all my 4 sensors are slightly loose fitted and having some play. Is these normal?
I think the difference of 2500 and 4000 is due to the display inside. You mentioned you got the rear mirror display type, which is expensive. Mine is a dashboard display (left corner) with 4 sensors for 2500 (Park Master). Sensors slightly lose is NOT NORMAL. Either they have used the wrong drill or the sensors are not fixed properly. It doesnt even move a micromillimeter with a vigourous wash and wipe. So, get it checked fast.

Quote:
I have personally fitted the Garware Sunfilms worth 3500/.....Glass Perfume (300/-)
Sunfilms I had got free from dealer. Now what is this glass perfume ? Is it car perfume which came in a glass bottle ? Or perfume to be sprayed on the glasses ? Never heard of such a thing.

Quote:
I may not be an experienced bhpian but here are my suggestions;

1. Go for Michelin Energy XM1+ 185/65/R14, get it done now so you get a good exchange value for the stock tires.

2. Chose Plati, League or HR for your alloys which are economical and used widely. Best is to find a tire dealer who also deals with alloys, so you can workout some decent discount. Its better to check the display or real alloy than chosing from brochures. Many brands present something in the picture and vary slightly in real.

3. Check this MapmyIndia Navigator - India's choice in In-car GPS navigation you will find gadgets ranging from 12k onwards.
Old 9th October 2009, 17:45   #518
Senior - BHPian

@shajufx - yes you are correct, there are different kind of parking sensors.
my dealer had only this Park Master (seems same as yours) with dashboard display
(my dealer guy fitted this one in the right corner of the dashboard) and ofcourse all the sensors are fully fitted without any lose sensation.
When you engage the reverse break at the safety zone it will give a beep beep soung in long intervals. Coming closer 120cm to 40 cm (they call it alert zone) the beep sound will be in short intervals. less than 40 cm you will hear a long beep and then
you are in danger area.
Old 9th October 2009, 17:57   #519
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
less than 40 cm you will hear a long beep and then you are in danger area.
Further back you will defigure you bum. And its not covered under warranty. Front bumper is quoted 3520, so I assume rear would be within 3 to 5k. Fortunately none of you have gone through the parking sensor trauma as I have. I got it changed 3 times within 15 days.
Old 9th October 2009, 18:27   #520

Quote:
Sensors slightly lose is NOT NORMAL. Either they have used the wrong drill or the sensors are not fixed properly. It doesnt even move a micromillimeter with a vigourous wash and wipe. So, get it checked fast.
Thanks for the suggestion. Though my rverse sensor of Xenos make fitted by Ford dealer only is working fine but I have already contacted the Ford Dealer complaining the fittings of the sensors and they asked me to get it checked. Shall do it asap.

Quote:
Now what is this glass perfume?
Me sorry for making it complicated. Yes you are right, it's a car perfume in a designed glass bottle. ha ha

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please take the time to use proper punctuation as per Team-BHP rules. Avoid...typing...like...this. Thanks.

Last edited by Eddy : 9th October 2009 at 18:43. Reason: Note Inline
Old 9th October 2009, 18:55   #521
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
sorry for making it complicated. Yes you are right, it's a car perfume in a designed glass bottle. ha ha
That was really really funny. I even asked few friends if they have bought anything called 'Glass Perfume'. They thought I have gone mad with my fiesta as members here also sometimes think (specially after I did my Fiesta Hair Cut).

Now on a serious note, have you guys done anything to get rid of the seat fabric or glue smell ? It was very strong in the first month, but even now I can feel that. I really doubt if Ford has imported all the glue from some villages in Afghanistan ! I am used to it by now, but when a new person enters the car, it never goes without commenting about it. I had checked 3 different cars in the showroom too, all had the same smell or stink however you define it.
Old 9th October 2009, 19:13   #522

Quote:
Now on a serious note, have you guys done anything to get rid of the seat fabric or glue smell ? It was very strong in the first month, but even now I can feel that.
There is definitely a smell when you enter the car. However I am not finding it hard and rather it's kind of smell which you get from any new asset you buy. Other members also may share their thought and remedy so that everyone including me (may be if same smell appears in future) and ShajuFx can be benefited.
Old 9th October 2009, 20:01   #523
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Other members also may share their thought and remedy so that everyone can be benefited.
I already know what others will suggest.

Yajman will tell you "rip off your fabric and put stanley".
Raamki will tell "Comeon guys, give it to your dads for daily use"
Franky will tell "Hey guys ICE your fiesta till you drop, you will forget smelling"
dpkol will tell "Spray some 'glass perfume' on your seats"
Unni will tell "Take it for long drives of 1000kms every week"

I will take atleast few hours to post the rest, because its raining fiestas here. I will leave the imagination to yourself. Btw, I had poured some of the 'glass perfume' over the seats and the carpet (only suggestion I can follow from the above), but the free perfume is very low quality.

May be we should open all the doors and boot and keep it outdoors for few hours. I always keep the glasses closed, that could be the reason.
Old 9th October 2009, 20:48   #524
BHPian

@shaju - you read my mind. Go the Stanley Way
Hows the ICE project coming along, Is it planned for this weekend?
Will be waiting to hear how the Stock HU performs.

Last edited by yajaman99 : 9th October 2009 at 20:53.
Old 9th October 2009, 21:24   #525
Senior - BHPian

I was hoping to do it this weekend, but my friend who was supposed to give the discounted prices of few other major brands (JL, Soundstream, Boston, DLS) is out of station till tomorow. So, IF I go ahead with the present selection this weekend and my friend comes out with a rock bottom discount for the others by early next week, my heart will sink. You know what I mean, so its a very meaningful holding of breath until Monday probably. Worth the wait. My initial target was for an installation end of the month, but it might complete by mid month itself.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks