Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th October 2009, 13:16   #586
Senior - BHPian

Kumar 007, I think that might happen only after you have upgraded your ICE with a double Sub Woofer !!! Sometimes I get a guilt feel when I think about spending on Fiesta, because its not used everyday. It sees the road only on weekends, with very rare weekday usage. So all whatever is done do not justify in its pure sense. Love for my car makes all these decisions, nothing else.
Old 18th October 2009, 13:26   #587
BHPian

7 letters only, followed by a zillion exclamations; A W E S O M E !!!!
Old 19th October 2009, 18:34   #588
BHPian

Soooper ICEing Saar!!!!!!!

Can you please post split prices for the ICEing expedition as you posted for the lighting expedition? This thread surely is a reference thread.

Thanks in advance.
Old 19th October 2009, 19:28   #589
Senior - BHPian

Anand, I dont know if I posted it earlier, but here is the individual prices:

Blaupunkt THA 475 PnP = 10k
Rockford Fosgate P1S412 = 5.5k
Hertz ESK 570 Compos = 6.5k
Blaupunkt PnP fiesta wiring kit = 700
Subwoofer Box = 1200
Wires & Labour = 1000

So it totals to 24900/-. I find it worth every penny.

It sounds perfect to my liking. I am yet to try my hand on the tuning part. So, there is more to explore and fine-tune in the coming days. I was supposed to get a demo CD from the installer, but so far it hasnt reached me. Its better to tune the set up with my own familiar songs.

My favourite collections include;

1. English Pop, Hip hop, Country, R&B, Instrumental, Devotional
2. Hindi Film songs, Pop, Gazals
3. Arabic Pop
4. Kannada Film songs
5. Tamil Film songs
6. Malayalam Film songs, Devotional
7. Chinese Pop

Most of the above are originals, copy of originals and some downloaded. Is it a good idea to tune up the setting using the original CD than downloads ?

Last edited by bblost : 20th October 2009 at 17:08. Reason: edit as requested.
Old 19th October 2009, 23:34   #590
BHPian

Tune up your system with type of songs you listen most.Tuning with original CD is always recommended if you listen to originals always.
Old 20th October 2009, 10:01   #591
Senior - BHPian

What you said is absolutely correct. Original CDs are anyday better than compressed MP3s, only issue being too many CDs to be carried. Its worth the effort considering the difference in quality. I have some originals of Mark Anthony and Enrique which looks like the perfect tool for tuning.

There is another number from Robbie Williams 'She is the one'. I have heard this song through 6 or 7 different music systems (Yamaha+Boss combination of my aerogym, old Sony 5.1 HT of 400 RMS, new Philips 5.1 HT of 1000 RMS, old car JBL+Pioneer set up, 2.1 creative of the PC and now the Blaupunkt+Hertz+RF combination). If you heard this song, you know the Piano and vocals that goes upto the 50th second from where a drum is accompanied and joined to another base drum from the 1.15 seconds. My old home theatre never played those base drums. I realised there is a base drum only when I heard this song in my aerogym system. Then it played perfect in the old car set up too. Now it sounds the best in the new fiesta set up. I can bet all these made different impact to the base drum.

Yesterday I was playing some collection of Celine Dion, first time in the last 3 years I realised there is a number in that with very deep bass (not a disturbing bass but a powerful one in my new set up). CDs are all the same, systems are different, output is very different from one system to another. So the only way out is experimenting with the tuning, not all at once, but changing and listening to it for few days.

Last edited by shajufx : 20th October 2009 at 10:02.
Old 20th October 2009, 13:57   #592
Senior - BHPian

Sounds like you have gotten yourself a good VFM system for 25K. What's with the arabic and chinese pop? lol
Old 20th October 2009, 14:19   #593
Senior - BHPian

I was in Mid East for 5 years, so I developed a special liking towards good Arabic Pop. My Director and Trainer were from Hong Kong. They used to gift me plenty of Pop albums majority being Chinese & Mandarin (I have 4 albums of Teresa Teng who is no more).

One thing good about listening wide variety of languages is: You know exactly which music director in India is copying whom. You know what I mean. Now you can compare many latest Hindi film songs and see the influence of Hip Hop kings P Daddy, Jay Z, 50 Cent, Snoop Dog and many others. Arabic hits are directly copied and recorded here. We are going totally OT. So back to Fiesta !
shajufx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2009, 15:57   #594
BHPian

Have some questions, Shaju. Since there are no speakers in the rear, how does it sound if one is sitting in the rear seat? Overall, Is there a noticeable difference b/w 4 speakers and 2 speakers? and are you planning to add any speakers to the rear sometime later?
Old 21st October 2009, 17:56   #595
Senior - BHPian

I have seen few set up with front compos, amp and a sub in different cars, ranging from 20k to 2.5 laks. But seeing was limited to that, I got audition from just 2 such set up, one being our member LionX and another from my neighbour. It sounds perfect for a driver/front passenger oriented musical experience. I have no plans for rear speakers, that space is left empty with the top net in place. I think the Subwoofer power travels to the cabin easier that way. I dont find any vibrations outside the car too. May be the dual side opening (two 5X7 size slots) to the cabin helps in reducing the boot vibrations. I am not an expert to conclude, but I find a logic there.

Sitting at the rear, it doesnt sound bad too. Infact its a perfect 2 way stereo effect. Difference is, you may not hear music near your ears, but from a front stage. It suits my rear benchers best, because they dont want music pumping into their ears. Yesterday I was raising the volume upto 10, rear benchers didnt complain. Otherwise there used to be a non-stop request 'lower the volume'. At volume 10, I get crystal clear music with enough power and punch, I dont think I need to go anywhere above that anytime. Also you have no chance to hear any road noise nor anything else from the outside world. Its a totally isolated noise-free musical world !

Last edited by shajufx : 21st October 2009 at 17:59.
Old 22nd October 2009, 17:07   #596
BHPian

Shaju, I remember reading in your earlier posts about the car duster that you bought in ebay. Can you send me the link to this duster. I tried searching but couldnt find the one that you have bought. Morello gets dusty very easily and I desperately need a good car duster.

I am spending 45 min every two days to clean my car now.

BTW, I have opened a new thread on my Fiesta experience. Comments are welcome.
Old 22nd October 2009, 19:45   #597
Senior - BHPian

Oh Jack, I have to lecture you on the 'Search' tool of our lovely forum. Check this link http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/access...ni-review.html Its just a month old user review on the duster, where you will find all the links.

You can finish your cleaning in less than 5 mts flat with this tool. Its a great help. But remember, its meant for dry dust. I am searching your thread !
Old 22nd October 2009, 23:33   #598
Senior - BHPian

SHAJU. We want a review. Play about 5-7 of your favourite tracks and describe the experience in your (highly creative) words!
Old 22nd October 2009, 23:56   #599
BHPian

Thanks Shaju. I read the review and am impressed. I am going to order one right away.
Old 23rd October 2009, 12:38   #600
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
We want a review. Play about 5-7 of your favourite tracks and describe the experience in your (highly creative) words!
Franky, I might be very bad in describing how the sound waves travel within the cabin. I think the sub woofer waves come out in a 180°angle and moves upwards in a 130° angle entering through the rear speaker empty vents, thereby shaking the human beings sitting around.

Now coming to the components, Hertz is installed facing the gear knob, so the mids travel in a 180° angle, not hitting the ear drums of humans. Tweeters are in the stock location, so far no clue if they are working or not but I can experience the tiny bits crystal clear.

I have played different tracks and am very happy with the overall experience, did few experiments with the tuning too. Sub gains are bit after the mid point (110° angle) and compo gains are close to the mid point (70° angle). If I increase the Sub gains, it will give a full swing bass which is not ideal for long time listening. So, I am ok with the present set up. If I need extra bass for any particular tracks, I can always do that on the HU bass control itself, which works perfect.

Fiesta by itself is an addictive drivers' car ! When you ICE it, its dragging oneself from the car after each drive. Only solution is 'Long Drives'. !!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks