Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th October 2009, 23:05   #571
BHPian

Congrats Shaju, the ICEing is almost over. A little fine tuning and your're there. I bet the Hertz sounds as good as they look.
Would the Stock HU be able to handle the them incase put in a set without an amp ?

The Bus guys are a real pain. Today evening i was near Jewel D'Paragaon in front of the Petrol Bunk (spotted what looked like a Sliver SLR ) and while i was stuck in the traffic, a Big Blue BMTC squeezes in from the Left. They just don't care.
I am sure you will be enjoying this Diwali with the Fiesta Audio Fireworks.

Go Fida
Old 15th October 2009, 23:52   #572
BHPian

Congrats shaju. You have inspired me to wake up and pursue seat covers for my fiesta.Anybody in the forum has tried G-Sport lustre. I knwo quite few of my friends has got the signet variant. I guess I have to visit some shop in Hubli. G-Sport don't have a website!!
Old 16th October 2009, 13:49   #573

Quote:
Originally Posted by raamki View Post
no, don't get the windshield changed for the mirror, the adhesive used by ford is good, not sure about the name of it. somebody had a similar problem with the stock mirror falling off and got it fixed at a service center! remember reading a post about it here a long time ago!!

btw, what brand is your reverse sensor system?
Thanks for your suggestion Raamki and today the ford service centre called me up and pleasently surprised me taking quick action by ending their technician with the special adhesive of Ford (as told to me) and re-pasted the whole thing. They also informed probably while fixing the rear view display on top of the stock mirror, their show room accessoried people mis-handled and may be taken out the stock mirror and re-pasted with local glue which resulted so. I wish now it should stay there.

Regarding the sensor system brand, it's Xenox with 4 sensors.
Old 16th October 2009, 14:31   #574
Senior - BHPian

@dpkol
So it is proved that Ford Service people are improved and giving prompt
attention to the complaint.
Good to hear !
Thanks
Old 16th October 2009, 15:07   #575
Senior - BHPian

ICEing Completed !

Quote:
Originally Posted by yajaman99 View Post
Would the Stock HU be able to handle them incase put in a set without an amp ?
I think it should work fine, although the amplified effect can not be compared.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpkol View Post
ford service ..... taking quick action by ending their technician with the special adhesive.
If I have to believe what you said, its shocking and sad. How can FORD execute their technicians for the satisfaction of the customers, that too killing him dipping in the glue !!! Horrible

================================================== =====
OK fellow countrymen, here are the boot pictures !
Boot is decently spaced for a long trip without issues. Doesnt it look simple and neat ? Blaunpunkt Amp is like a small fellow stuck in the corner, but he is powerful enough to rock the car.
Ford Fiesta 1.6 ZXI: Upgraded ICE, Tires, Lights & now Seats-17.jpg

A Close-up view. Sealed sub enclosure saves a lot of space.
Ford Fiesta 1.6 ZXI: Upgraded ICE, Tires, Lights & now Seats-18.jpg

This is when you want to tune the Amp. No struggles, 100% accessibility.
Ford Fiesta 1.6 ZXI: Upgraded ICE, Tires, Lights & now Seats-19.jpg

You can see the controls here. There are 6 knobs to play around. I am yet to figure out what suits me best. Apart from this, we have BASS, TREBLE, Compression, Balance and Fade in the Stock HU menu too. Presently HU settings are all put to Zero.
Ford Fiesta 1.6 ZXI: Upgraded ICE, Tires, Lights & now Seats-20.jpg
Old 16th October 2009, 15:39   #576

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
If I have to believe what you said, its shocking and sad. How can FORD execute their technicians for the satisfaction of the customers, that too killing him dipping in the glue !!! Horrible
Dear Twin Brother; that's what makes you standing out in the mass. Great observation and greater sense of humor.

Last edited by Jaggu : 16th October 2009 at 15:43. Reason: Fixing quote, previewing before posting helps. Thanks
Old 16th October 2009, 16:17   #577
BHPian

The setup looks good and the Boot has not lost much of the space with the Sub.
Now it's audtion time . The Fiesta has been ICEd
Old 16th October 2009, 16:23   #578
Senior - BHPian

LOL, my dear twin, compliments accepted, but please dont continue instigating FORD to do what you made them do, we will be in trouble running out of good technicians. So what have you planned on your first Diwali with your 'beauty' ? Taking her out for a long drive ?

Dear ICE Gurus and Kurus, here is the cropped version of my Amp knobs. Let me know if you have any tips based on what you see. Its just front Components and Rear bridged to Sub. No rears. Thanks.
Ford Fiesta 1.6 ZXI: Upgraded ICE, Tires, Lights & now Seats-knobs.jpg
Old 16th October 2009, 16:36   #579

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
So what have you planned on your first Diwali with your 'beauty' ? Taking her out for a long drive ?
By the By this is my 39th. Diwali, so as yours I believe being twins. Jokes apart; Diwali I want to enjoy at my home with family gathering. However next weekend planned to go to Chandipur (Sea Beach in Orissa) about 350Km one way with my Biesta.
Old 16th October 2009, 18:23   #580
Senior - BHPian

WOW, sirji forgive me if I have said or done anything against your liking anywhere in this whole forum. I always thought you are very much younger to me. Being a twin, a 2 years younger is understandable I think. My fiesta number is ending in 72, so thats the year my parents 'discovered' me (no kidding this time, seriously its 72).
Old 16th October 2009, 19:58   #581
Senior - BHPian

Shaju Shaju Shaju! I'm on the bus back from a holiday and had an awesome time reading about your ice! I'm so Damn excited to see these pictures on the larger screen! Cheers Man... Congrats. And tune her once add enjoy the music, too much tinkering will coerce you to upgrades. LOL Ask me!
Old 16th October 2009, 21:12   #582
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Franky, you were with me right from the biting of ICE bug to the installation time. Thank you so much for all the help. I think not being a bachelor, not being in the field of dentistry, having no girl friend who has no control over the boy, not having a 'tree' that helps at every need of life, and many many more reasons, what I have done is decent enough for a medium level music crazy soul. I dont want the ICE bug to bite me again.

May be a stanley protection at a later stage, but only when I feel the stock seat fabric is totally unusable. Until then, more miles to crunch. Waiting for reasons to drive !

Any tips on music tracks that can help in a better tuning ?
Old 16th October 2009, 22:24   #583
Senior - BHPian

Hey Shaju, not sure if you put it up earlier, but how much did the entire setup cost?
Old 17th October 2009, 13:36   #584
Senior - BHPian

Total was 25k rounded. It includes cost of Components, Amp, Sub, Box, Installation, and Wiring harness. I think and feel every penny spent on this is worth after listening to it for 2 days. May be my tuning is not fully done, but as of now, it rocks.
Old 17th October 2009, 14:28   #585
BHPian

Shaju@ When your next project is starting?

Looking forward to see Seat cover project planning & its execution
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks