Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th October 2009, 09:51   #601
BHPian

Shaju, I have asked for some ICE suggestions in my thread. Looking forward to your inputs. Thanks!
Old 29th October 2009, 12:57   #602
Senior - BHPian

Atlast the 1st Service is here !! Sadly at 1440 kms

My beauty is gone for its first service today. I like the way Metro handles services. Earlier reminder was received a week back. Some of you might remember the Ford RSM had promised me a complimentary underbody coating at first service. So I had to co-ordinate with him prior to the service day, since the previous SM of Metro has left. RSM responded to me very fast co-ordinating the matter with the Metro GM, so that I didnt have any confusions anywhere.

Pick up and drop back is offered, so I can continue to be on bedrest (being 7th day, hope to be walking around this weekend). My longdrive targets completely went haywire due to sickness, otherwise 1st service was estimated to be at 3000 kms, but now its gone at 1440kms.

I disconnected the Amp wires before the pick up (Metro staff came home at 8am today). Atleast I know they will not mess around with the music system. Also given instructions to reprogramm the tire profile to 185/65, not to stick anything on the front windshield (since ICECOOL is installed) and not to put any stickers in or out of the car (to make sure no sticker job by mistake). I believe the 1st service is a simple overall check up that can normally complete in 2 hours. Mine might take the whole day since the underbody coating is to be done.

Will update more after the service.

Last edited by shajufx : 29th October 2009 at 12:59.
Old 29th October 2009, 13:54   #603
Senior - BHPian

Hi Shaju, one quick question. Since you updated you headlights to powerful 100/120 watts.

What about your fog lamps? Is it still 55 watts each? In this case when headlights switched on, fog lamps would not be effective due to increased glare/light of powerful headlights (this is my assumption). Want to know real experience about this.

Do you have plan to upgrade fog lamps bulbs also to similar wattage? or current fog lamps is as effective as combination with 55 watt headlamps.
Old 29th October 2009, 17:36   #604
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anujmishra View Post
...Since you updated you headlights to powerful 100/120 watts. What about your fog lamps? Is it still 55 watts each?
My upgrade was to 100/80. The fog lamps are stock itself, never thought about an upgrade on them because I hardly use foglamps. Present head lamps are powerful enough, so you might never require a fog. Fogs are not meant for long throw as far as I understand, so the stock might be enough for a stand alone use when required.

My first service done !

So, that went without any fuss !! They have done a very neat underbody coating and it looks very solid. I dont know the material used but it looks like some black plastic coating which is visible through the wheel arches. I tried to scratch it off with my nails, but seemed to be quiet firm.

Tire profile reprogramming was requested, but sadly rejected in the name of Ford policy and instruction not to support wider tires than stock. I had got some service manager on phone before delivery back, he said they have never done any reprogramming for tires. I havent taken that story, but will do some re-checking and get that done when possible. I couldnt get through the RSM nor GM at that time, otherwise I feel it could have been done.

Overall experience is too good to my belief, it got enhanced when I got the job invoice with only 00000 in it. That was something to be commented about. Ford has sensed the pulse of the Indian end-user over the years, it shows in their sales and beautified by their service !!! I am a 100% happy customer, I am proud to own a Fiesta and let it remain that way for years to come.
Old 29th October 2009, 17:37   #605
Senior - BHPian

Ayy even I want that underbody coat now ;-)
Old 29th October 2009, 20:12   #606
Senior - BHPian

Franky, its a very good protection after checking it in real. I never knew how this thing would look or help the underbody until its done on my fiesta. Somehow I thought this is a way to make money by the dealers. I did it only because it was given to me as a compliment, but I find it really worth even spenting for it.

Now coming to the actual material used, I am yet to find out the technical details. But the delivery guy said its a mixture of rubber and plastic. It not only protects from water, rust, dirt etc. but also gives a thinner layer which I feel might act as sound deadner too. I assume it should be in the 2mm to 3mm thickness in reality. I will be able to comment on the sound deadner part once I take it out to the open roads this weekend.

Last edited by shajufx : 29th October 2009 at 20:13.
Old 30th October 2009, 07:52   #607
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
Ayy even I want that underbody coat now ;-)
LOL, for you or for your FIESTA . if you do for yourself you will become darker than darkest but positive side is you will be protected . Sorry for OT.
Old 30th October 2009, 11:13   #608
Senior - BHPian

Underbody antirust coating is good for cars. I used to do this in all my previous cars.
For my new fiesta, when my dealer insisted for teflon and underbody coating, I only told him to do underbody coating.

@frankmehta - go for it.

Thanks
Old 30th October 2009, 13:03   #609
Senior - BHPian

Shaju, you did not have to change the oil in the first service?
Old 30th October 2009, 13:18   #610
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anujmishra View Post
LOL, for you or for your FIESTA .
Anuj, Franky is coated in Vix since few days, so I dont think he can think about any other kind of coating for sometime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
Shaju, you did not have to change the oil in the first service?
Ford does not recommend oil change in the 1st service, they will do that if you insist on it. Mine has only run 1440 kms at the 1st service, so I think its a better wait for the 2nd service that is due end of Jan 2010.
Old 30th October 2009, 16:09   #611
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Tire profile reprogramming was requested, but sadly rejected in the name of Ford policy and instruction not to support wider tires than stock.
Did you ask them to read paragraph 2, page 123, Owner's Manual New Ford Fiesta?
Old 30th October 2009, 16:12   #612
Senior - BHPian

Now whats that nura ? I might have read that 2 months back, but dont remember. Also me being sick and on bedrest, wifee was dealing with the service related things. Good that you reminded me of that part, I will see whats to be done when I pass the service centre area next.
Old 30th October 2009, 17:06   #613
BHPian

Hi Shajufx,

First of all Congrats. Wise choice both from heart and mind.

I have been following this thread for some time now, as I am also on your footstep and seriously considering Fiesta ZXi petrol. However, I am informed that there is a ZXi Limited Edition to hit the road soon (may be in 2 weeks) so waiting for the same. Meanwhile wanted to have few information from you as you have already enjoyed the honeymoon period with her:
  1. I normally cant use the AC for long time and therefore looking for an ACC version rather than HVAC. Have u ever tried in setting the temp to a mid range say around 24-25 Deg range with the manual option ? All i want to know is how the manual system performs in Fiesta visavis the ACC in others(say Verna) in terms of maintaining a steady ambient temperature.
  2. I did not like the stock alloy rims of Ford. Can you please suggest some better ones, preferably with chrome finish.
  3. The back seat is a bit upright as I felt. Is it by any chance inconvenient for the pillions on a long journey ?
Thanks in advance.
Old 30th October 2009, 20:29   #614
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalDragon View Post
I am informed that there is a ZXi Limited Edition to hit the road soon (may be in 2 weeks) so waiting for the same.
I am shocked when you said ZXI limited edition! I never heard that ZXI also comes in limited edition.

Usually EXI comes in limited edition but if you are sure that its ZXI then for sure they will provide some good features of SXI in it. 2 months back there was no such news otherwise I could had delayed to buy it

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
Underbody antirust coating is good for cars. I used to do this in all my previous cars.
For my new fiesta, when my dealer insisted for teflon and underbody coating, I only told him to do underbody coating.

@frankmehta - go for it.

Thanks
In case of Shaju its different case as he got underbody coating as complementary from Ford otherwise its wise decision to do it just before monsoon.
Old 31st October 2009, 10:04   #615
Senior - BHPian

When I was booking my car (ZXi), I have asked my dealer if FORD has any idea about upgrading any of the present models. His answer was that Ford just introduced limited edition and ZXi upgraded, hence dont expect any immediate upgradation further. However as per the inforamation of digitaldragon, if ford is going to upgrade the Zxi again, then it will become SXi (only major items that is missing in zxi is seatcover,alloys and bodyside mouldings? whatelse?)

Let us see what is going to happen in few days?

Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks