Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th October 2009, 19:57   #496
Senior - BHPian

Price details are gradually coming in. Pioneer 2 Din-HU, FH P6050UB (pic posted above) are available for 13.5k with B&W and 9.6k without B&W. If anyone else is looking for the same, we can bring it down to 9k if 3 or more orders are put together.

Other listed items' details will be coming in by tomorow evening. So, quality, pricing and availability will take over the decision making finally. Will update soon.
Old 4th October 2009, 23:14   #497
Div

Thanks to you Frank! HEres my Fiesta 1.6 ZXI.

Delivered on Dushera, but got the RTO passing this week and registaration plate yesterday.

Mod's Note: Please visit the Announcements section and go through the write-up on how to load pictures on the server. Images on your local drive (C can not be seen by others over the net.
Old 5th October 2009, 21:15   #498
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Now I am caught in the 'ICE search' stage which I expect to decide by October end.
WOW!! WOW!! the ICE bug has surely bitten you hard and fast!! congrats shaju, next is what??
Old 5th October 2009, 21:28   #499
Senior - BHPian

Until the wallets are filled and credit card bills are settled, I dont think my creative side of the brain can work again ! Its frozen now. There are different LINES in life. Line of control (LOC), Below Poverty Line (BPL), Line of Love (LOL) etc. I think I am getting stuck at the second one.
Old 5th October 2009, 21:30   #500
Senior - BHPian

What man!? Start fast. The 6050UB is a good unit. Also look at the mid end Clarion 2 Din one. The JVC AVX series is worth a dekko too!
Old 5th October 2009, 21:38   #501
Senior - BHPian

Yes 6050UB is quoted 9600 without B&W. I wish I could get the same offer on Kenwood DPX MP5110U too. Not considering other brands as of now. About the components, Amps and Sub, my friend has not given me the price part yet. I am still waiting for him. I dont think my wish to have single brand in the complete ICE will come true. Its going to be mix and match at its best, as options are very few. JL Audio had everything what I wanted, but the price is a killer.
Old 6th October 2009, 12:26   #502
Senior - BHPian

I think I better decide brands here itself rather than talking to shops or dealers. Everyone is trying to push what they have in their stock, thats really irritating. I asked price details for 10 inch Subs in one of the shops (I know the guy for last 3 years), here is the reply; "Sir, 10 inch is not supplied by any brands now, go for 12 inch, its more powerful and higher quality". I feel funny to type here the responses what I get from my enquiry for 5 X 7 components. Some shops even claimed such compos are never produced.

My requirements are here:

1. Decent quality Components preferably in the 5 X 7 specification itself (stock size and a perfect fit without any alterations)
2. A 4 channel Amp that can power the compos and a Sub reasonably well
3. A 10 inch Sub that can produce neat tight punch (not the boom boom type)

Head Unit is already short listed to Pioneer or Kenwood (FH P6050UB or DPX MP5110U). I hope No 1,2,3 could be limited within 30k.

Thanks in advance !

Last edited by shajufx : 6th October 2009 at 12:29.
Old 6th October 2009, 13:06   #503
BHPian

Hey shaju, 30K is a decent budget. why not start a thread in the ICE section?

I had similar reactions when i was looking for my 5X7 components as well. I hope you also know that the 6.5" components can be fit in by seeing frank's ICE thread.

1.THe options for 5X7 are very limited, you can get rainbow SLC 5X7 for less than 15K
2. A decent 4-channel (JBL/infinity) for 9-13K
3. 10" sub depends on the brand your looking for (ID begins at 7K i think)

might have to shell out some extra cash for some good wiring

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
1. Decent quality Components preferably in the 5 X 7 specification itself (stock size and a perfect fit without any alterations)
2. A 4 channel Amp that can power the compos and a Sub reasonably well
3. A 10 inch Sub that can produce neat tight punch (not the boom boom type)

Head Unit is already short listed to Pioneer or Kenwood (FH P6050UB or DPX MP5110U). I hope No 1,2,3 could be limited within 30k.

Thanks in advance !

Last edited by sathee46 : 6th October 2009 at 13:07.
Old 7th October 2009, 21:19   #504
Senior - BHPian

Update as on 7th October

A single brand set-up has gone through the window as its tough to find my requirements limited to a brand. Therefore few other brands were considered as Blaupunkt, Kicker, Focal, Morel, Hertz etc. Here is the latest development as of now.

HU: Will remain stock as the AMP selected has high-level input
AMP: Blaupunkt THA 475 PnP, 75 watts RMS X 4 @ 4 ohms
Sub: Rockford Fosgate P1S410, 10 inch
Compos: Hertz ESK 570
No Rears, so the 4 channel will be bridged to 3 channel mode.

An overall estimate will remain within 30k as the HU is not in the list now. It will be added at a later stage, if found necessary. Few pics posted. Comments welcome from anyone who is using these products or have heard of any complaints, drawbacks etc. There is very less chance of shifting from these selections unless something better available for an equal or lesser cost.
Ford Fiesta 1.6 ZXI: Upgraded ICE, Tires, Lights & now Seats-compsub.jpg

Ford Fiesta 1.6 ZXI: Upgraded ICE, Tires, Lights & now Seats-tha475pnp.jpg
Old 8th October 2009, 15:24   #505
BHPian

Shajufx..i jus got done ICE'ing my Chevy Aveo sedan. Here is my configuration that i thought should share as yours' and mine budget limitation looked quite similar, within 25-30K

-Kenwood mp543U - oh yes i was aware of that HPF missing factor and other features like advanced EQs, but thats ok with me
-front comp - here is the tough time i had while chosing comp that I never ever expected to become a contraint. The Chevy door can max occupy a 5 1/4 " comp and not more, hence I had limited options. I tried both Hertz and a new brand Target. I felt the Target was more refined, so i went ahead and bought the Target.
- rear co-ax from Boston accoustics, round
- Kenwood Amp m845, 4 channel
- JBL sub with sealed enclosure, oh ye i dont even like the boom boom..I have a tight bass now
- 8 GA wiring for AMP

I got it done at EVO.

Last edited by s3va : 8th October 2009 at 15:25. Reason: poor grammar
Old 8th October 2009, 16:19   #506
Senior - BHPian

Thanks s3va, that was a useful comparison. I dont believe in spending all our hard earned money for brands and later restrict myself from lot of other small pleasures of life ! So what you said is absolutely true. A budget within 25k to 30k is what was in my mind right from the beginning. I am very happy that I am getting what I wanted after many searches, comparisons all within a specific budget.

Now retaining the HU as stock itself is giving me a lot of relief, as I can upgrade it at a later stage only if required. Unlike Aveo, Fiesta has a very decent stock HU that sounds great even through the chinese stock speakers, therefore many fiesta owners may not want to spend on ICE. Doors and Rears are of 5 X 7 which are good enough when upgraded to Hertz ESK 570.

I have avoided the rears and will be very happy with the combination of Components, Sub and Amp. What I have posted above with pics are the same in my final list, all of them are available and price part is clarified. Total comes to 22k which is perfect for my wallet. As I am using the speaker input option on the Amp, I can save on RCA cables too. The only extras I need to spent are good quality speaker wires and the Sub Box. So again, my budget will remain intact within 25k to 30k by any chance, which I am very happy about.

So far my dealings are with Car Shringar (Vikram) near Garuda Mall, same place I had my previous car fully damped with Dynamat Xtreme. I believe he is dependable, educated (Audio engineer certified in US) and knows what he is talking about. I had lot of interactions with him in the past too, for few friends. He is the one who specifically told me to stick to Blaupunkt Amp and Rockford Fosgate Sub, though his suggestion for components were to be Focal or Morel. All the suggestions were purely based on my budget which was conveyed to him first. The Blaupunkt amp is very small that it can easily go under one of the front seats.

As the installation is more like a plug and play based on the equipments chosen by me, I could get everything fitted all within an hour. Installation might take place this weekend or early next week depending on my free time.

LionX gave me an audition last week with a similar set up that costed him around 37k (including a clarion HU). I liked the power, clarity and overall musical experience. So, I believe mine will be almost equal when it comes to quality, provided the stock HU doesnt disappoint me. Anyway lets see.

Last edited by shajufx : 8th October 2009 at 16:25.
Old 9th October 2009, 12:55   #507

Hi All Team BHP-ian,

I was regularly following this fantastic useful thread to decide between Aveo 1.4LS, Ford Fiesta 1.6 EXI/ZXI . Actually I had a fetish towards Aveo for it's external aero-dynamical looks, however excited on 1.6 Fiesta test driving compared with Aveo with Fiesta's excellent driving comfort and feature. Subsequently all the senior BHP-ians like Shajufx, Raamki and others post helped me to arrive to the perfect decision of being a proud owner of 1.6 Duratec Ford Fiesta ZXI (Morelo). Got it delivered on 18th. of Sep'09 and now totally engrossed in looking and driving to my new Biesta .

I am posting some pictures (bear with me for low quality because of taking the pics through Mobile) and assure to post clearer picture soon.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Fiesta 1.6 ZXI: Upgraded ICE, Tires, Lights & now Seats-19092009002.jpg  

Ford Fiesta 1.6 ZXI: Upgraded ICE, Tires, Lights & now Seats-19092009003.jpg  

Ford Fiesta 1.6 ZXI: Upgraded ICE, Tires, Lights & now Seats-19092009004.jpg  

Old 9th October 2009, 13:19   #508
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpkol View Post
Subsequently all the senior BHP-ians like Shajufx, Raamki and others post helped me....
First of all Congratulations, now you are my twin brother from Kolkata. Secondly I am not yet a senior bhpian neither Raamki , we really hope to reach there one day. We all have one thing in common though, LOVE for our cars and trying to share what we find great on our experiements in life, be it whatever field.

Enjoy your biesta, you wont regret the decision, we are sure. Be gentle with your baby for a month or two.
Old 9th October 2009, 13:20   #509
BHPian

@dpkol - Congrats on the great ride and welcome to the "Go Fida" Club. Wishing you many miles of happy and safe motoring.
Old 9th October 2009, 13:25   #510
BHPian

Whats the mileage folsk get in Petrol 1.6 fiesta

In my first week after taking delivery of the car it was 8.5
Second tank full was 9.5
Now it should be between 9.5 & 10.5

Highways was 12.5 and 13.5-14.0 on one trip

Would mileage improve after 1st service of 5000kms?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks