Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 31st October 2009, 13:52   #616
BHPian

Today I visited showroom to fit spoiler and I inquired about ZXI limited edition, surprisingly its true and its expected in next month. The sales rep said that till now they only know that limited edition of ZXI is coming but not sure what new upgradation will be there, whether its only for petrol or diesel etc.

I think limited edition may come with alloy wheel or leather seat covers. I don't think they will provide air bag else SXI existence will go way.
Old 31st October 2009, 15:22   #617
Senior - BHPian

Who knows, they may upgrade ZXi to SXi and call it ZXI Limited edition, then
SXi will be upgraded with some additional gadgets and call a new name?

Let us wait for Ford's surprise.
Old 1st November 2009, 09:51   #618
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalDragon View Post
  1. I normally cant use the AC for long time and therefore looking for an ACC version rather than HVAC. Have u ever tried in setting the temp to a mid range say around 24-25 Deg range with the manual option ? All i want to know is how the manual system performs in Fiesta visavis the ACC in others(say Verna) in terms of maintaining a steady ambient temperature.
  2. I did not like the stock alloy rims of Ford. Can you please suggest some better ones, preferably with chrome finish.
  3. The back seat is a bit upright as I felt. Is it by any chance inconvenient for the pillions on a long journey ?
I generally run the AC on the 10 o clock position as the lowest temp could be classified to a 7 o clock position of the knob. If your car is always parked in a covered area, I dont think you need the lowest temp as the AC is powerful enough for most situations. I tried the lowest temp only once, but my fingers were freezing in 10 mts. Manual system performs as equal as Auto options, once you are familiar with the output thats produced in each knob setting. Its easy.

Ford alloys are just basic and plain designs except the Sports model, because sports alloy is a direct copy of the Mustang alloy which is not available in India. If you want something unique (same what forced me to go for after-market design), you can find a lot of choices from HR, Plati in an affordable range. If your budget permits check the other premium brands that are available here that ranges from 20k to 40k, chromium will be expensive but will rock on a dark colour body.

Now about the back seat. I had driven around 560 kms in a single day with my wife's parents sitting back (dad usually prefers the front passenger seat, but he showed no interest on the front seat in this journey). So if they certify the comfort, I dont need to prove that hard. But personally I have never got a chance till today, may be soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumar7 View Post
he got underbody coating as complementary from Ford otherwise its wise decision to do it just before monsoon.
True, its wise to do before the monsoon starts, but rain comes unexpected every now and then in bangalore. My coating day itself it rained heavy here.

Now about the face-lifts. Ford India usually does not reveal too much about their face-lifts to the dealers except a hint. It happened even when they were planning the SXI with the chrome decoration all around. Dealers did not have much clue on what would be the final change except an idea on some chrome touches here and there.

Personally I really like the present ZXI design come whatever face-lifts in the future. I hate chrome anyday, so nothing impresses me in the new SXI nor any upcoming chrome decorations on any variant. So, in effect, I miss only the airbags as of now. I will be doing stanley pure leather seats in sometime, which will beat out the SXI stock seats anyday.

PS: These are my personal views on variants, not to hurt any feelings of anyone who owns different variants. Face-lifts and liking them are purely individual tastes, and it can also change overnite.
Old 3rd November 2009, 22:01   #619

I am facing a problem with the Ford Fiesta running with AC on: The windscreen fogs up in places when the atmosphere is humid. The fog is on the outside of the windscreen and the only solution I have found is to periodically run the wipers.
I never face this problem on my Santro though. Has anyone experienced this on their Fiesta and found any solution?
Old 3rd November 2009, 22:10   #620
Senior - BHPian

It happens on the inside windscreen when its raining heavy, which goes off when AC is put ON. What you find right now is the opposite, which should be alright controlling on the AC knob itself, varying the level. Any specific time you find it more often ? (like early morning or late nite etc).
Old 4th November 2009, 13:17   #621
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raju_kb98 View Post
I am facing a problem with the Ford Fiesta running with AC on: The windscreen fogs up in places when the atmosphere is humid. The fog is on the outside of the windscreen and the only solution I have found is to periodically run the wipers.
I never face this problem on my Santro though. Has anyone experienced this on their Fiesta and found any solution?
Raju, just check if the AC vent direction knob is set on the windshield side ( there are knob positions like leg, leg and knee etc.).
Old 4th November 2009, 14:30   #622
Senior - BHPian

Kerala calling !!

Atlast the 3 times postponed trip to Kerala is taking place tomorow, 5th of November. I have 550 kms to cover which is planned to start around 5am. I will be doing the usual NH7: Hosur, Salem, NH47 : Coimbatore, Palaghat, Trichur, Angamaly, MC Road: Koothattukulam route up and down (back on 8th, Sunday).

This will complete a 280 km (one-way) run to the North (NH4) that was done on 2nd September and a 550km (one-way) run to the South (NH7 and NH47) this week. Goa call is on waiting for Mid December too !

Will update more on Monday ! I will be missing team-bhp and my farmville.
Old 4th November 2009, 14:58   #623
BHPian

Have a wonderful and safe journey!
Old 4th November 2009, 15:17   #624
Senior - BHPian

Have a great trip buddy. Drive safe and don't get into situations where you need to test the ABS. And oh, take care of those boils.
Old 4th November 2009, 15:28   #625
Senior - BHPian

Not discouraging you - weather forecast in kerala, 3 days rain (delayed thulavarsham), to hit on 6th November. (usual forecast - may be /may not be )

Too hot here, we need a rain.

So enjoy even if rain welcome you in kerala.

All the best
Cheers !
Old 4th November 2009, 16:08   #626
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalDragon View Post
Have a wonderful and safe journey!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
take care of those boils.
Thanks for the wishes, boils are gone for the time being, let it not trouble anyone, its real hell on earth !

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
Not discouraging you - weather forecast in kerala, 3 days rain (delayed thulavarsham), to hit on 6th November. (usual forecast - may be /may not be ) Too hot here, we need a rain!
Kerala weather forecast department is still depending on the frogs ? If they cry, it will rain, if they dont, no rain ! I know Kerala is always hot, because the state has too many 'HOT to Handle' people. Tell Achumama to plant more trees throughout the NH and state highways, atleast the next generation will enjoy !
Old 4th November 2009, 16:32   #627
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
I will be missing team-bhp and my farmville.
Awesome, drive safe shaj!! miss tbhp - agreed!! miss farmville?? i dont think so!! LOL, you'll eventually get bored to hell playing that game!
Old 4th November 2009, 16:37   #628
Senior - BHPian

Raamki, I agreed, the moment I reach your level it might start getting bored for sure. My bedrest brought me to farmville, otherwise it was always on the 'ignore' category. Now you are master of farmville and highway drives, I am just trying to get closer to you. You still have something to give me, I will remind you when I come back ! Lol
Old 4th November 2009, 16:55   #629
BHPian

yeah yeah, the stickers! i remember!! Come back, let's meet up for Chai and i will personally ensure your morello baby is all sticker'ed up!!
Old 4th November 2009, 17:08   #630
Senior - BHPian

Oh raamki, you are gem of a person, I wish and pray all the team-bhp members are loving, considerate and generous like you. What a beautiful world it would be to live ! We can take up a lot of social responsibilties if we can come under a single banner on a regular basis, I think such days are very near. Team-Bhp is a good banner for social causes. Public should know we are not a bunch of engine-wengine freaks but a group that stands for many good things.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks