Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th October 2009, 00:43   #556
BHPian

Hi Kumar7 in my Fiesta1.6 sxi (2006 model) the stock speakers had FOMOCO written on it,we(me & Bass&Trouble) thought it was some crap chinese company but it turned out to be FORD MOTOR COMPANY.
Old 15th October 2009, 02:05   #557
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogi1771 View Post
Hi Kumar7 in my Fiesta1.6 sxi (2006 model) the stock speakers had FOMOCO written on it,we(me & Bass&Trouble) thought it was some crap chinese company but it turned out to be FORD MOTOR COMPANY.

the speakers are STILL some chinese crap. Only thing is that they have been rebadged. They must be sounding good unamplified. But I am sure they can't do much better with more power.
Old 15th October 2009, 05:14   #558
BHPian

Congrats man. I will be sleeping when you do the ICE thing today. Hence cannot be online like when you took the delivery of the car. Catch up with you in evening. good luck!
Old 15th October 2009, 13:04   #559

Clarification sought from all members. As I put the reverse sensing parking display on top of Rear View mirror, lately I found that the pasting of the mirror on the wind shield glass is coming out.

Is it a defect as manufactured (not pasting the mirror on the windshiled glass) or some problem created while fixing the reverse parking display on the rear view mirror.

I am mentally disturbed so early to have some problem on my new baby.
Old 15th October 2009, 17:09   #560
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpkol View Post
Clarification sought from all members. As I put the reverse sensing parking display on top of Rear View mirror, lately I found that the pasting of the mirror on the wind shield glass is coming out.

Is it a defect as manufactured (not pasting the mirror on the windshiled glass) or some problem created while fixing the reverse parking display on the rear view mirror.

I am mentally disturbed so early to have some problem on my new baby.
dpkol, the stock mirror coming off from the windshield doesn't sound right to me. take it into ford service, they have a special adhesive to stick the mirror back on. do not use aftermarket adhesives.
Old 15th October 2009, 17:36   #561

Quote:
Originally Posted by raamki View Post
dpkol, the stock mirror coming off from the windshield doesn't sound right to me. take it into ford service, they have a special adhesive to stick the mirror back on. do not use aftermarket adhesives.
Taking it to Ford dealer tomorrow. I was rather harping on changing the total windshield which comes fitted with the stock mirror from factory to avoid future recurrence of pasting problem. The dealer guy seems to be apprehensive about that much customer delight and informed that they will definitely fix it back with good paste. Probably I am asking too much.

Raamki can you guide me with the name of the special adhesive, if known to you.
Old 15th October 2009, 19:13   #562
Senior - BHPian

Ice Done !

Atlast the work is done, but it was a very hectic day for me. Calling the installers home was a BIG mistake. Although I reconfirmed twice with the shop guy about the keys to open up the Ford 2 Din head unit (he claimed they have the keys for all factory units), boys came without any such thing. They struggled going under the dashboard and doing some circus but all failed, eventually I had to stop them doing all that. It ended up driving the car to St.Marks Road Ford service centre. Today and tomorow, I believe are the wrong days to move around the city for silly things. Its overcrowded everywhere with the Festivities around.

Going to St.Marks road ended up visiting the installer's shop too (which is just within 4 kms). Boys came around 12.30pm (1.30 hours late), installed the components and ran the wires to the boot, removed the rear speakers, then we left for Ford service centre, then to the installer's shop, drilled the holes and fixed the Amp. I reached home around 6.00pm. Five precious hours sacrificed ! These are not complete photos, Amp is fixed behind the rear seat. I will take more photos tomorow and post. Tuning is not done, so I have to spend time listening to good quality tracks and fine tune the Amp tomorow.

Special thanks to Frank for strongly advising me to remove the HU at the service centre, otherwise the boys would have messed up things. Thanks to LionX for calling up checking the progress. Thanks to everyone who have commented in the previous posts. Thanks to you for reading this.

For the time being here are few.

Name:  1.jpg
Views: 815
Size:  299.8 KB

Ford Fiesta 1.6 ZXI: Upgraded ICE, Tires, Lights & now Seats-2.jpg

Ford Fiesta 1.6 ZXI: Upgraded ICE, Tires, Lights & now Seats-5.jpg

Ford Fiesta 1.6 ZXI: Upgraded ICE, Tires, Lights & now Seats-6.jpg

Ford Fiesta 1.6 ZXI: Upgraded ICE, Tires, Lights & now Seats-8.jpg

Ford Fiesta 1.6 ZXI: Upgraded ICE, Tires, Lights & now Seats-10.jpg

Ford Fiesta 1.6 ZXI: Upgraded ICE, Tires, Lights & now Seats-11.jpg

Ford Fiesta 1.6 ZXI: Upgraded ICE, Tires, Lights & now Seats-12.jpg

Ford Fiesta 1.6 ZXI: Upgraded ICE, Tires, Lights & now Seats-15.jpg

Ford Fiesta 1.6 ZXI: Upgraded ICE, Tires, Lights & now Seats-16.jpg
Old 15th October 2009, 19:19   #563
Senior - BHPian

Shaju, looks like you had fun today! Did you put in any damping?
Old 15th October 2009, 19:37   #564
Senior - BHPian

Damping will be considered only if its really needed. While checking the Amp and Sub at the shop, rear number plate was vibrating like crazy, so they removed it, applied some double side tape and fixed it back, now its alrite.

By the way, I found the My Shaldon car perfumes in the shop. Picked up the Lemon (its GEL, not liquid). Its really really good, I will recommend that to everyone. I think it was Rs.275/-, the pack is in the car, I can recheck and confirm the price tomorow.

Another incident that happend on my drive to the installer. I reached the Anil Kumble circle (intending to enter St.Marks Road) waiting for the signal, while it started moving, I got blocked by a BMTC bus that had to take a right turn towards Kasturba Road. He literally came from the extreme left line and took a full right turn blocking me at the mid of junction. As soon as I passed and entered St.Marks Road, it was Red (it became Red 4 car distance behind me). Still a 'white washed' bugger came running with the whistle, stopped me by standing infront of the car and asked for Rs.500 straight away. I almost lost my patience arguing with him. He said I jumped the signal. How can anyone jump the signal when you are already far from the waiting point and entering the next road (without causing any blockage to anyone) ? Somehow he wanted money and I wanted to save my time desperately (already running hours late for my usual schedule). I lowered the left side glass, asked him to come inside. He didnt budge but later had to come inside, may be I was bit aggressive in telling "Ulage banni sir, Kooth Kolli" (come inside and sit). To cut the story short, he agreed for Rs.100 but to my shock I had only 500 notes in my wallet. Such a painful situation, you want to get rid of someone showing money and you have big ones in your pocket. Somehow I had the courage to put my hands in his pocket and search for some 100s. I got only 300, the bugger got happy seeing a 500. So, Rs.200 gone with the wind for no mistake of mine.
Old 15th October 2009, 20:01   #565
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpkol View Post
Taking it to Ford dealer tomorrow. I was rather harping on changing the total windshield which comes fitted with the stock mirror from factory to avoid future recurrence of pasting problem. The dealer guy seems to be apprehensive about that much customer delight and informed that they will definitely fix it back with good paste. Probably I am asking too much.

Raamki can you guide me with the name of the special adhesive, if known to you.
no, don't get the windshield changed for the mirror, the adhesive used by ford is good, not sure about the name of it. somebody had a similar problem with the stock mirror falling off and got it fixed at a service center! remember reading a post about it here a long time ago!!

btw, what brand is your reverse sensor system?
Old 15th October 2009, 20:20   #566
BHPian

@ Shaj, your morello now rocks, officially!! take a bow!!

PS: funny about the incident with the cop, LOL...imagine what he must have gone through when you asked him to come sit inside at that tone!! poor fellow, must have been trying to meet his targets for diwali!!
Old 15th October 2009, 21:20   #567
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
I found the My Shaldan car perfumes in the shop. Picked up the Lemon (its GEL, not liquid). Its really really good, I will recommend that to everyone.
Yes, I rechecked, its Rs.215. I tried to tune the Amp in the dark LOL, couldnt tolerate the instinct to go back and check the system one more time. Now I dont know what I did with those knobs in the dark, it sounds awesome. I am sure I will take few days to get the exact setting what I want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raamki View Post
poor fellow, must have been trying to meet his targets for diwali!!
Egggaaaatly !! Our beggars are much more polished than these cops. His character reminded me of Leeches, once its on you, you wont even know your blood is sucked. When you are alone in the car and you dont have any sources to prove you were 100% RIGHT, better let it go with a tip. I doubt if he would have stopped me if I had someone on the passenger side.
Old 15th October 2009, 21:22   #568
BHPian

Shaju@ Upload final pics after complete installation. If possible upload the video so that we can test if our laptop screen are bear those vibrations or not

During the installation did they cut any of the wires or they simply plug cables in available sockets (if any)?

Last edited by kumar7 : 15th October 2009 at 21:24.
Old 15th October 2009, 21:57   #569
Senior - BHPian

mashe , congrats. Those Hertz looks neat. That RF is sealed right?

I hope you get some damping done to make some of us happy and will get a good rear fill (not a 6x9) and a mono in future.

And can you ask they guys who much will the ESK163L costs please.
Old 15th October 2009, 22:11   #570
Senior - BHPian

Kumar, I think only the Sub and Amp in the boot is missing in the photos. It was already dark when I reached home, so I will take fresh ones tomorow and post. My settings are very normal and simple, that extreme vibration and boosted boom are controled to very minimal. When you sit inside the car, there is nothing you can find other than the stock look everywhere. Even the tweeters went into the stock location !

The Amp which I chose comes with car specific wiring kit that will make things as easy as plug and play. But they had retained the stock wires to the components, cutting them to be connected to the crossover, which comes inside the door pad.

Sockets behind the stock HU is fully utilised without any cutting whatsoever, it goes straight to the Amp and then to the Components and Sub.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
That RF is sealed right?...I hope you get some damping done to make some of us happy and will get a good rear fill (not a 6x9) and a mono in future. And can you ask they guys who much will the ESK163L costs please.
Yes, RF is in a sealed enclosure. Damping is not yet felt as a requirement as Fiesta doors are factory damped well. Rear fills are avoided because people sitting in the back wants to chit chat and not get disturbed by the music hitting their ears. Now they will enjoy some vibration. I will check the ESK163L tomorow, I think I have seen 2 packs of them near the bill counter today.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks