Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th October 2009, 21:44   #526
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpkol View Post
Fiesta ZXI (Morelo). Got it delivered on 18th. of Sep'09 and now totally engrossed in looking and driving to my new Biesta
dpkol@ First of all Congratulations for your new machine!
Secondly you broken rule of Sept month by going for different color rather than Platinum (just kidding)
Third thing is that you boosted Shaju's moral by increasing count of Morelo by +1

Drive with full of Josh!

Last edited by kumar7 : 9th October 2009 at 21:45.
Old 9th October 2009, 21:48   #527
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Now on a serious note, have you guys done anything to get rid of the seat fabric or glue smell ? It was very strong in the first month, but even now I can feel that. I really doubt if Ford has imported all the glue from some villages in Afghanistan ! I am used to it by now, but when a new person enters the car, it never goes without commenting about it. I had checked 3 different cars in the showroom too, all had the same smell or stink however you define it.
Shajufx, if you want to get rid of smell, do try interior cleaning, but do it from outside, it will cost around Rs. 500 - 700, while dealer will charge more than Rs. 1000.
I have not noticed unpleasent smell in my car, rather I like the smell of new car.

Btw : I like your sense of humour, it really makes interesting to read your posts.
Old 9th October 2009, 21:57   #528
BHPian

The smell actually gives feel that your car is new and whoever sits in car compliment you for your new car.
I personally like it and you get feel that you entering in brand new car.
Old 10th October 2009, 10:52   #529
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumar7 View Post
The smell actually gives feel that your car is new and whoever sits in car compliment you for your new car.
I personally like it and you get feel that you entering in brand new car.

I Like the smell of new car. It will go slowly
Alternatively, a bottle of good perfume can be placed in the car, may be in the a/c vent ?
Thanks
Old 10th October 2009, 15:19   #530
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeshvin View Post
do try interior cleaning, but do it from outside.
I didnt really get your suggestion. You mean doing the interior cleaning but standing outside the car with the doors closed ? I think we need some laser machine to get that done. Oh no, you meant getting it done from the dealer ? Lol

Thanks for the compliment, life is worth living when we have humourous people around, so atleast on the forum we could stay away from the tensions of life, work, family etc. Lot of people suffered high BP when they heard Obama getting the Nobel prize ! May be they expected Osama to get it ! According to me Osama still has time, we will pray and wait for him to reach this stage.

Quote:
Yes I was experiencing that in the first month. But the second month it became not that pleasant inspite of pouring some 'glass perfume' around. Now if someone enters the car, I can assume what he might think "How come these people own a fiesta and cant even afford to take daily bath ??!!". I pour some AIGNAR or ESCADA on me before I go somewhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
A bottle of good perfume can be placed in the car, may be in the a/c vent ? Thanks
Nairsaab, I desperately searched for some Lemon fresh car perfumes, but couldnt find anything good around my area. Now I am thinking of going to one of the major shopping malls hunting for a good quality stuff. My 6 month baby's wipes (himalaya) smell far better than what was given FREE by the dealer.

Thanks for the comments dear Fiesta gang. I think either I need to provide medicines for all of you for cold and blocked nose or I should get myself checked. Fabric smell is not pleasant by any chance. Only option would be getting a good quality freshner.
Old 10th October 2009, 16:39   #531
Senior - BHPian

What about car sprays (like body deodrant)which are available in the market?
Any one tried?
Old 11th October 2009, 17:28   #532
BHPian

Quote:
Raamki will tell "Comeon guys, give it to your dads for daily use"
it's actually the other way round, am pleading with him to give it to me for my use, now!!

about the bad odor, get one of those lemon fresh perfume cake's!! they're really strong and smell fresh!!

btw, you still have the plastic covers on the seat? maybe that's the reason for the smell in the first place?
Old 11th October 2009, 19:39   #533
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What about car sprays (like body deodrant)which are available in the market? Any one tried?
I will try that and report back (ONLY for you).

Quote:
Originally Posted by raamki View Post
get one of those lemon fresh perfume cake's!! .....btw, you still have the plastic covers on the seat? maybe that's the reason for the smell in the first place?
Raamki, please post back if you find anything of good quality (in real). I used to see even exclusive counters for Car perfumes in the middle east, but sadly couldnt find any decent products when I am searching for that here. Now you must be kidding about the plastic covers. I removed them at the showroom itself (delivery day), and those showroom ribbons on the way to the house too LOL.
Old 12th October 2009, 17:07   #534

Quote:
Sensors slightly lose is NOT NORMAL. Either they have used the wrong drill or the sensors are not fixed properly. It doesnt even move a micromillimeter with a vigourous wash and wipe. So, get it checked fast.
I got the reverse parking sensors checked and the Ford dealer Accessories team, after inspection, informed that the small play is actually due to the plug type sensors and not earlier kind screw type ones. Basically the screw type one is not being recommended by Ford anymore because those used to be tightly set on the bumper and while washing/wiping, sensor heads used to damage. To avoid those problems, plug type sensors are being fitted with small play to accomodate some shake on them.
Old 12th October 2009, 17:38   #535

Quote:
dpkol@ First of all Congratulations for your new machine!
Secondly you broken rule of Sept month by going for different color rather than Platinum (just kidding)
Third thing is that you boosted Shaju's moral by increasing count of Morelo by +1

Drive with full of Josh!
Hey Thanks Kumar. Sorry for breaking the rule; but I including my family was Fida on Morelo.
And for Morelo only, Shaju and me are the twin brothers.

Now on a serious note, I'm planning to put seat covers and enquired with the Ford accessories department. I was told that there are two qualities; one being the locally made of POV worth around 7K which may not fit exactly with the seats and the other one manufactured directly by Ford Chennai of leather. I have seen both and naturally Ford one looks more professional with Ford logo on it and it's also easily washable. However as per the dealer it only comes with two colors; one is black and the other one is bit grey kind and I didn't like either as it's not matching with interior beige color.

Requesting members to comment on same and I'm sure that there will be more color excluding these two manufactured by Ford. By the By, I could finally negotiate the price to 10K. Please suggest whether the price is Ok and worth.
Old 12th October 2009, 20:58   #536
Senior - BHPian

Garware ICECOOL Shield done !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpkol View Post
Shaju and me are the twin brothers.
How I wish Ford stopped painting Morello with immediate effect. We could enjoy exclusivity in full swing !

Quote:
I could finally negotiate the price to 10K. Please suggest whether the price is Ok and worth.
Ready made covers are always just covers according to me. Stanley art-leather starts from 8k something which will be way above qualitywise. Everyone knows dealer products are overpriced (most brands). If your budget is slightly stretched to 15k, you will get exactly what our Yajaman has done (many photos and detais posted on his thread). That can be worked out within 10k to 13k if you are avoiding the steering cover, handbrake and gear knob. Also remember ready-made covers never come with door pads which is always part of customised stitching.

So either stretch your budget a bit and do it professionaly, or wait for a month or two to collect more Vitamin M and get the same thing done. You wont regret the decision.

I am still preserving my stock interior, although there is a plan for seat upgrades when its totally stained and noticeable.

Garware ICECOOL Installation

First of all I thank Raamki, his Parents, neighbours and his puppy (I hope there is one) for suggesting this brand and the contact details of the installer. Until Raamki posted that info, I was under the impression that the front windscreen sunfilm costed over 7k (having V-Cool in mind). Garware ICECOOL is a real VFM product available for just 2500. I dont think even 3M can compete that price.

Although this process was postponed twice last month, atlast I got it done today. Guys came home with their tools (water spray bottle, rubber blades, metal knives etc.) and finished the work in 30 mts flat. This thing is a totally messy installation (regardless of brand or price). Soap water is sprayed all over throughout the process in and out.

One thing which I still dont understand is; installer boy told me whatever water is sprayed from inside the car will flow to the parking floor as there is some vent at the bottom end of the glass. They finished their work, collected the cheque and left. I moved the car out and couldnt find a single drop of water on the floor. Where did it disappear ? As I havent heard from anyone about water getting into a Fiesta engine bay or other critical areas, I still believe the boy, though there was no trace of water later.

He claimed 48 hours for a proper setting-in of the film. As I have used the car in rains, bright hot days and normal cloudy days both in the city and highway, I am curious to feel the difference. I will update on that.

Product Name: Garware ICECOOL SHEILD
Cost: 2500 after discount
Installation: At Home
Colour: Very light Green (similar to Ray-ban light green)
Warranty: 5 years against all manufacturing defect, change of colour, cracking, delamination, adhesive failure and peel off.

Now back to the real ICEing once the ICECOOL is done !

Last edited by shajufx : 12th October 2009 at 21:00.
Old 12th October 2009, 22:55   #537
BHPian

My earlier car had light green shade of sun film and that gives good feeling. As I used it almost 8 years so decided to go for either silver or metallic color. At accessories shop they said silver color is now no more RTO approved so the option I left with was to go for metallic color.

I read in many threads saying the installer opens window to fit sun films but in my case they didn't opened any door trims. For 2 days I am also got locked inside car and can't lower the windows
Old 13th October 2009, 00:51   #538
BHPian

Quote:
First of all I thank Raamki, his Parents, neighbours and his puppy (I hope there is one) for suggesting this brand and the contact details of the installer.
LOL, there is a pet indeed, his name is Truffy, a very naughty 1 yr old male lab!! he lives with my parents-in law!

you won't be disappointed one bit with the ice cool shield for sure!! btw, i noticed water dripping from the bottom of the car (right below the area around the front windshield) after we came back home from the shop, so maybe that boy was right afterall.

did they cut around the dots on the windshield (behind the rear view)?
Old 13th October 2009, 09:43   #539
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My earlier car had light green shade of sun film and that gives good feeling. As I used it almost 8 years so decided to go for either silver or metallic color. At accessories shop they said silver color is now no more RTO approved so the option I left with was to go for metallic color.

I read in many threads saying the installer opens window to fit sun films but in my case they didn't opened any door trims. For 2 days I am also got locked inside car and can't lower the windows
+

Same case in chennai -they normally do not open the door trims for fixing
sun film.
But here,they open the trims and then fix the sun film. In my previous car
after doing the film work, I got some noice in the rear left window but I did not give much importance. And one fine day I found the Glass itself is not rolling down. The service was due hence I notified this also in the complaint list. Immediately the service manager told me that the noice and the glass not rolling is because of people opened the trim and did not fix it properly? It is the status here with some car accessory shop guys. They may be well trained for fixing the film but may not be the car mechanism.

Rs.2500/- you paid is for 4 doors or including rear glass?
Post couple of photo's

Thanks
Old 13th October 2009, 12:15   #540
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raamki View Post
you won't be disappointed one bit with the ice cool shield for sure!!.......did they cut around the dots on the windshield (behind the rear view)?
I was disappointed as soon as they finished installation, because 5 Gandhis went from my wallet ! Yes they cut the film in the shape of the black dots, I find it as a perfect finish right now. Today I kept the car in direct sun for 5 hours too. Let the setting-in happen faster.

Quote:
Rs.2500/- you paid is for 4 doors or including rear glass? Post couple of photo's
ICECOOL is done only on the front windsheild. Actual MRP is 2800, what I got is a special Diwali discount, so please dont mistake it as the final selling price. Door windows and the rear glass were done free by the dealer, so the only glass portion left was the front. Sun films on the windows is already visible on my other photos, front glass is not to be seen unless you go close to the car and check.

Another word of caution: Whatever may be the upgrades you do on your FORD, make sure the person knows the mechanisms of FORD or atleast done similar work on the same brand before. Its easy to lose the warranty if something goes wrong through the upgrade. Ford has different specifications for most of the things compared to other similar segment vehicles right from tire PCD, Head lamps, speakers, dash board control levers etc.

Last edited by shajufx : 13th October 2009 at 12:16.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks