Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th June 2009, 03:40   #1
BHPian

Feeling I'm 20 Again with our new car! Hyundai i20

A conversation between me and my boss on 5th June 2009

Boss: Congrats buddy, you've gained a lot of points through your accounts and I guess you're eligible for that car we promised you.

Me: OH great chief, I was waiting for that.

Boss: Go ahead buy anything within 7 lakhs.

Me: Thank you chief.

Called Wife…

Me: I can get that car from the company now as I achieved my target for half year.

Wife: great, so we're taking the Verna or the Getz Diesel that you were looking for.

ME: I don't think so. I actually don't need a big car now as I anyways have our Corsa.

Wife: We're not selling it?

Me: No ways, I'm going to keep that for our long trips and get a city car now. And besides, the resale is not that great and it will go for peanuts only. Rather give it to brother in law to use it.

Wife: Then Getz?

ME: Ya its good but out dated. I'm thinking of the Jazz or the Punto which is going to be launched.

Wife: Ok. Anything you say, but it should have all the luxuries that our Corsa does not.

Me: Ok.

And with this our Saga began of searching for a car. I very much liked the Swift Diesel but somehow it was not comfortable for more then 3 people including me. So we ruled it out. The SX4 was slightly higher on budget and so was the Verna with about 50K rupees. We were not so keen on spending more then 10K on the car by our selves because we are expecting our first baby in December and we are saving for it completely as well as a lot of family commitments.

So we ended thinking that we really do not need a Diesel car and petrol also would do. My wife did not like the Ford Ikon Diesel and I was also not as keen on it as there are at least 4 in our family friends itself and we have driven, traveled in them a lot of times. Might just be with me but all my friends hate Ford service and so do I as they charge real high for spares and other stuff. So we thought about the Fabia for a second, but after reading all the Skoda reviews here, I firmly decided against it.

Now only the following cars were in sight: i10, Getz, U-VA, Accent (somehow we both like the car) and all of a sudden we were out of other models. Just when we were about to think of the i10, my wife mentioned the i20. So off we were to check it out at Trident, Indiranagar. We liked the car at the first glance and the Asta model had all the luxuries that we need for a city car. The price too was right at 6.64 lakhs on road.

The Decision

We took a test drive of it and I did not find it under powered AT ALL except for the pull in 2nd gear with AC on. It takes some time to for the RPM to go above 2K and then kicks power completely. We liked the interior as it was best in class and the looks had no competition at all in this segment.

So finally I told our finance to book the Hyundai i20 for me which would be delivered within 30 days. So finally the car got booked with Trident Hyundai and guess what! - Got the delivery within 3 weeks of booking for the color which is very good looking for this car!

To be continued with pictures and details….
Old 30th June 2009, 04:05   #2
BHPian

Superb Corsalove...

You will need to change the name as i20love . i20 is a great car. Great looks, Strong body, lots of space. I assume it could be the same lenght as your corsa.
Old 30th June 2009, 05:10   #3

Congratulations 20 year old!

Congratulations on your selection on i20, Hyndai has the good reputation of after sales service. Waiting for the pictures.
Old 30th June 2009, 06:01   #4
knp
BHPian

Hi CorsaLove, nice interactive information. Congrats for your new i20. Even, I wanted to go for i20, but for my mom, it is not comfortable due to its low profile seats.
Old 30th June 2009, 06:18   #5
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Corsalove. Pics awaited, interior pics as well.
Old 30th June 2009, 06:54   #6
BANNED

Congrats buddy on your new purchase. Please do post your comments as i m too zeroed on i20 and wants to hear from you before purchasing
Old 30th June 2009, 08:17   #7
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the new car CL. Its one of the best equipped hatches in the country now. Pls post some pix too.
Old 30th June 2009, 10:18   #8
Senior - BHPian

Congrats!!! the I20 is a nice car..
Old 30th June 2009, 11:11   #9
Senior - BHPian

Congrats buddy! You've made a good choice.
BTW, which color have you selected? I recently saw a golden beige (or something like that) colored car and it looked stately.
But as far as I am concerned i20 looks the best in black.

Eagerly waiting pics and initial experience with the car.

TC and have have a good one.
Old 30th June 2009, 11:36   #10
BHPian

Congrats CorsaLove. Please post a comparison review of Corsa and i20.

Thank God that you haven't booked i10. You cannot drive at the age of 10.
Old 30th June 2009, 12:29   #11
Senior - BHPian

Congrats CorsaLove!

And yes, waiting for the pics and the initial experience / delivery details.
Old 30th June 2009, 13:07   #12
Senior - BHPian

congrats for the car. with crdi coming on this car coming week this will be a boon for this car.

looking forward to pictures of the car.
Old 30th June 2009, 14:20   #13
BHPian

Congrats CorsaLove:

Nice boss you have there! Do post pics and reviews.

I own a Santro AT and a Verna - both from Trident and often thanked myself for landing up with such a wonderful dealer - esp after my Octavia Combi forgery experience!

Cheers,

Last edited by diffsoft : 30th June 2009 at 14:23.
Old 30th June 2009, 21:07   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by decode View Post
Superb Corsalove...

You will need to change the name as i20love . i20 is a great car. Great looks, Strong body, lots of space. I assume it could be the same lenght as your corsa.
Thanks decode. I dont think I will change the name even if there is an option as I still love the Corsa 1.6 as much as my new car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by barathan View Post
Congratulations on your selection on i20, Hyndai has the good reputation of after sales service. Waiting for the pictures.
True. I have about 9 cars in office from Hyundai and it proves it. I'll post the pictures shortly. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildon View Post
Congrats buddy on your new purchase. Please do post your comments as i m too zeroed on i20 and wants to hear from you before purchasing
Sure wildon. I'll do that over the weekend as my targets have increased now after the car from the company

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiren.mistry View Post
Congrats buddy! You've made a good choice.
BTW, which color have you selected? I recently saw a golden beige (or something like that) colored car and it looked stately.
But as far as I am concerned i20 looks the best in black.

Eagerly waiting pics and initial experience with the car.

TC and have have a good one.
Hiren. Thanks. I took a Silver color which I liked the best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadRash View Post
Congrats CorsaLove. Please post a comparison review of Corsa and i20.

Thank God that you haven't booked i10. You cannot drive at the age of 10.
Madrash - I'll definitely do that (though I dont like to compare both) over the weekend. i20's already 10 years behind compared to my age!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by diffsoft View Post
Congrats CorsaLove:

Nice boss you have there! Do post pics and reviews.

I own a Santro AT and a Verna - both from Trident and often thanked myself for landing up with such a wonderful dealer - esp after my Octavia Combi forgery experience!

Cheers,
Oh thanks. I would definitely say I've got the best boss! Knows how to keep his employees happy. Trident was amazing in handling this for me and I gave them full 100 on the survey.

Thanks guys for the compliments. I'll have the pictures uploaded soon mostly on Friday as all our offices are closed due to the US Independence day celebration.

Keep it coming..
Old 30th June 2009, 23:38   #15
BHPian

Congrats on the purchase of i20. It is surely a beauty out there. Pics would add more spice into it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks