Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th July 2009, 15:04   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by eMGee View Post
Congrats xtremeshock! Which model did you purchase? Especially if you got a Diesel, have you also notice the problem I mentioned in the 3rd gear? Also, yes the pro you mentioned is an important one, especially with elders in the family.
Thanks for the congrats . Got a VDi too. Cant say about the 3rd gear problem, i felt it was fine, will check it thoroughly again and post.
You can check the pics out in my garage.
Old 10th July 2009, 17:51   #17
BHPian

Congrats on your purchase, I did a small TD on the RITZ VDI today and I did find that "play" in the 3rd gear but thought it is common and natural. I forgot to check this behaviour in other gears . Anyways, I might probably zero in on this car but wanted to take a test drive along with my wife to check the rear seat comfort.

When I sat in the rear seat I felt there is almost zero visibility of the road for the rear seat passenger and he cant see anything before. Also, the demo car didnt had any parcel tray, is it not part of the package? or do i need to buy it additionally?

I liked the ash tray thing which is useless for me hence I can remove it and use the space for utility purpose.
Old 10th July 2009, 20:02   #18
ada
BHPian

@balaji, I guess only zxi model has parcel tray. As far as the rear seat passenger is concerned the rear seat I felt is a bit raised, and only the person sitting in the rear has full view, it might be that due to comfy seats in front that the view is restricted.
Old 11th July 2009, 00:36   #19
BHPian

congrats eMGee. welcome to the Ritz club.

Quote:
1. Biggest nag that I could find is the play in the gear-shift in the 3rd gear. I don't know if other Swift / Ritz Diesel owners have experienced this or not, but in the 3rd gear, whenever you either move your foot away from the accelerator, or put it back, the gear-shift moves, almost by a centimeter each time (moves back when accelarating and moves ahead when you move the foot away). It's especially annoying when you're in slow traffic (and tend to drive more in the 3rd gear) and your hand is placed on the gear-knob and it keeps moving back & forth. I got this checked at the 1st free service, the guys couldn't do any thing. The AGM mentioned that this is a "characteristic" of a diesel vehicle, not necessarily an issue and claimed at least all Ritz diesels have this "characteristic".
I am a proud owner of Ritz vdi and i to experience the same thing. But since i am not used to drive with my hands on my gear knob, its not an issue to me. Still its some what irritating to see the gear knob moving back and forth when we accelerate and break.

One of my friends brought a Ritz Zxi recently. He told me that he is having problems in shifting to 5th gear. He has to apply more force for shifting to 5th gear. i have not tried his car yet, so i am not sure abt his exact problem.

As i dont have time to write a separate review, i am adding some of my points here.
- The fuel gauge of the car is not accurate. If i fill full talk, it will take a long time for it to reach the half way mark. But once it has passed the half way mark, it will reach empty mark pretty soon.
- The digital fuel meter needs a little getting used to. I guess the 1bar of fuel means 10L diesel is still in the tank. Only 30L diesel was needed for full tank when i filled it from the 1bar position.
- Rattles started to appear just before the 1000KM mark. When i gave the car for 1st service at 1020KM, the right door had a click sound while closing. I told the service person about this. When i took my car back, they said there was a loose screw on both of the front doors and was fixed. Later that week, same thing appeared on left door. I had to go to service station again to fix that. After the fixing it was fine for another 1000km. But now, the sound started to appear again on the left door and i am yet to fix it.
- The mudflaps provided are not much useful, expecially if you live in a rainy country like kerala. They are just for style i guess. Every time i go through a muddy pothole, both of my front doors get splashed with dirty water.
- The front seat driving posture is a notch better than that of Swifts. Cant comment on the back seat coz i have never been in my cars back seat.
- It is almost impossible to change from front left seat to front right seat through the car. The center console and gear arrangement blocks you from doing this. This becomes an issue when you had to park the car really close to a wall and have to get out through the other side.
- There is always a foul smell for the exhaust gas. I guess has some thing to do with the diesel engines.
Old 20th July 2009, 20:41   #20
BHPian

[quote]
Quote:
All,
3. The rear door design is quite odd - let me try and explain this in detail. Basically, if you look at the cut of the door, it's at an angle, which is protuding towards the top and reducing towards the bottom. Typically, you expect doors to be the other way round (or in a straight line, isn't it?). So, when one is standing close to the door and opens it, suddenly the protuding top almost hits your face. Not that it's hit ever, but seems like that and as a reaction, you tend to jerk back! So, still getting used to this. (One of the pictures in the previous post should show this clearly).
Boy, you hit the nail on its head, and I wish I had known this earlier.

The Rear door hit my face as it opened and shook my dentures. I have a broken/chipped tooth to vouch for it. Eventhough I am very conscious about the design, if one is not careful, it could cause serious injuries. I think Maruti Should put a warning sticker on the doors and make people aware of this fact till the design settles down in ones mind.

Go bless.....
Old 21st July 2009, 14:19   #21
BHPian

[quote=soccer;1393087]
Quote:

.....I have a broken/chipped tooth to vouch for it.....
You broke your tooth , oh boy, thats something Maruti needs to look in to seriously. Hope you will take care of it every time you open the rear door. Good luck.
Old 21st July 2009, 14:41   #22
BHPian

There is a rumor going around that Ritz does not have remote boot release ,the small lever next to the fuel lid opener placed to the right side bottom of the drivers seat. Is it true ?
Old 21st July 2009, 14:44   #23
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on your purchase! The car looks beautiful in this odd blue color which makes it stand out!
How about some nice pics of the interiors?

Cheers,
gpa
Old 21st July 2009, 14:50   #24
BHPian

Looks cool in flesh

Can I ask you a small favour? Remove the dealer stickers. They spoil the looks a lot.

My personal opinion though !
Old 21st July 2009, 14:51   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikunj_cal View Post
There is a rumor going around that Ritz does not have remote boot release ,the small lever next to the fuel lid opener placed to the right side bottom of the drivers seat. Is it true ?
I doubt it, i think i have a seen a remote boot release in Ritz. Me and my memory i am not 100% sure if i have seen it. Guess, it stays as a rumour.
Old 21st July 2009, 15:04   #26

Quote:
Hi Nikunj_cal, I own a Ritz VXI, it does have an internal boot release. You are correct, it is placed right next to the remote fuel lid opener on the right hand side floor next to the driver seat.

I think its there for ZXI and and the diesel models (LDI, VDI) also. Dont know abput LXI though.
Old 21st July 2009, 15:22   #27
BHPian

Quote:
It is only a rumour. Remote boot release is present in Ritz
Old 21st July 2009, 15:48   #28
ada
BHPian

It might be because the boot opening is automatic in the ZXI version i.e no lever, but the moment you unlock the doors through the keys (or from inside), all doors including boot unlock, which can then be opened by a lever within the recessed handle.
Old 21st July 2009, 23:13   #29
BHPian

The ZXI does not have a boot release lever neither does the boot have a key hole to unlock it from the outside. Besides you dont need that lever because you just need to press the UNLOCK button on the keyless remote and that will do the job from the outside.There's also a seperate unlock switch ( not the one on the inner door handle ) on the driver side door to open all doors, including the boot, from the inside.

Also in most cars, all doors unlock when you open the driver door by unlocking the small lever below the inner door handle. In the ZXI only the driver door opens, while the others remain unlocked, including the boot.

The closing of the boot is very smooth. You d'ont have to bang the door down. You only need to bring it half way and rest is taken care off by its own momentum.

One more interesting thing, I have noticed is that the front doors have to be banged a little bit harder when all the doors have their windows wound up. Just bring any one of the window glasses a fraction lower and the front doors close effortlessly with just a clik.

God bless.....
Old 21st July 2009, 23:24   #30
BHPian

If you think Ritz doordesign is dangerous, look at the ANHC's doors

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...h-dscf2924.jpg

But I haven't heard anybody getting hurt from this.

[quote=soccer;1393087]
Quote:

Boy, you hit the nail on its head, and I wish I had known this earlier.

The Rear door hit my face as it opened and shook my dentures. I have a broken/chipped tooth to vouch for it. Eventhough I am very conscious about the design, if one is not careful, it could cause serious injuries. I think Maruti Should put a warning sticker on the doors and make people aware of this fact till the design settles down in ones mind.

Go bless.....

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks