Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th October 2009, 15:29   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijaythacker View Post
Havent tried shell yet, but IOC all the way regular diesel, reduces engine noise as well as good mileage in my indica, also is used by my friend for his swift D, so try ioc once.
+1 to that.
I used to fill at HP before. Jaggu Bhai was instrumental in me moving to IOC diesel in my car. I used to get approx 16 kmpl earlier. Now getting close to 17
Old 6th October 2009, 16:54   #47
Untouchables09

great choice deepak

dZire is really a king of C Segment sedans in India

Old 30th October 2009, 22:30   #48
BHPian

Just completed the Second Service from Pratham Motors, Outer Ring Road, Opp Ecospace.
Service Advisor: Shivanna
Total Cost: 479/- (280/- For Wheel Balancing and rotation, rest all consumables and Tax)
Did not have the hassle I had last time with Pratham.
Incidentally, happened to meet Mr. Shivraj (GM Service) who was speaking to all customers about the problems in their vehicles. Ensuring service advisors are paying close attention to every details given by customers. Got a call from later in the morning and enquired if all problems have been noted, any additional things missed out etc. was happy that a person of GM levels calls up and checks for customer problems.
All problems (Minor ones) reported were resolved when I got the vehicle back.

Keep you all folks posted on post service experience of the vehicle.
Old 2nd November 2009, 14:24   #49

Deepak, thanks for sharing your feedback/reviews on the Dzire and the impressive trick on getting your car in 2 weeks :-).

I am tempted to use the same trick as I dont have a car now. I sold my Santro as its crankshaft had to be replaced twice and I was still experiencing some problems. Gave it back to the dealer I had bought it from.

I booked a Dzire VDI (white) a little over 3 weeks back, however there is no sign of any delivery date. Lets hope I get it soon.

I have not read through all the pages, but what mileage do you get within city with AC on?

Regards
Old 2nd November 2009, 15:03   #50
BHPian

In bangalore I get about 16 with 100% AC enroute to ITPL and back home on ORR.

Hope you get your Dzire soon. Where have you booked the vehicle?
Old 12th November 2009, 20:40   #51
BHPian

Looks like the post 2nd service week has not been nice to me :(
1. A Concrete Mixing Lorry kissed the back of the vehicle. Result a Minor Scratch which is not that glaringly visible, but yes you can see it.
2. Headlights not working, had got a relay and Philips 100/90 H1 bulbs installed 3 months back. Rectified from the service shop (Om Sai Motors, whitefiled). But looks like the problem is recurring - Faulty/loose Holder. Suggest me for a permanent solution
3. Some maniac stole the wheel caps (2 numbers, rear wheel) - how much will the same ones cost for 2 numbers? Any other suggestions. I am short of Vitamin M now, hence cant afford to have the Alloys, but on cards sometime early next year post the Hike
Old 13th November 2009, 08:53   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakchiniwal View Post
Looks like the post 2nd service week has not been nice to me :(
1. A Concrete Mixing Lorry kissed the back of the vehicle. Result a Minor Scratch which is not that glaringly visible, but yes you can see it.
2. Headlights not working, had got a relay and Philips 100/90 H1 bulbs installed 3 months back. Rectified from the service shop (Om Sai Motors, whitefiled). But looks like the problem is recurring - Faulty/loose Holder. Suggest me for a permanent solution
3. Some maniac stole the wheel caps (2 numbers, rear wheel) - how much will the same ones cost for 2 numbers? Any other suggestions. I am short of Vitamin M now, hence cant afford to have the Alloys, but on cards sometime early next year post the Hike
There seems to be problem with relay and Philips 100/90 H1 bulbs, even I had faced the same problem. When approached Suraksha they said maruti had stop advising to upgrade their bulbs due to complaints from many customers.
Can anyone confirm this.

Wheel cap should cost 200-300/- and not more than that.
Old 13th November 2009, 15:06   #53
BHPian

[quote=Ramsagar;1580112]There seems to be problem with relay and Philips 100/90 H1 bulbs, even I had faced the same problem. When approached Suraksha they said maruti had stop advising to upgrade their bulbs due to complaints from many customers.
Can anyone confirm this.quote]

Yes Maruti doesnt encourage upgrade of bulbs, but the stock bulbs are really bad!! cant see anything in highways during night drive, i have upgraded to 100/90 with cut off and Narva bulbs (hope i got the spelling right!)with Hella Cutoff set.. I havent had any problems till date. One of my friends swift has philips bulbs which seem to go off after every long trip!! Suggest switching the brand
Old 14th November 2009, 11:06   #54

Quote:
In bangalore I get about 16 with 100% AC enroute to ITPL and back home on ORR.

Hope you get your Dzire soon. Where have you booked the vehicle?
I have booked it with Mandovi (Lavelle Road). My cousin knows the management there - used some influence. I got an update from the dealer on 5th that a batch has been shipped from the factory and one car has been allotted to me - so the same update written on my booking file (to be sure).

Mandovi said the ETA is 10-12 days, so it should land in Bangalore any day now. They have promised to deliver it next week (week of 16th Nov).

Boy, can't wait...time ain't passing...just waiting to put my hands on it...
Old 14th November 2009, 15:12   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdoshi View Post
I have booked it with Mandovi (Lavelle Road). My cousin knows the management there - used some influence. I got an update from the dealer on 5th that a batch has been shipped from the factory and one car has been allotted to me - so the same update written on my booking file (to be sure).

Mandovi said the ETA is 10-12 days, so it should land in Bangalore any day now. They have promised to deliver it next week (week of 16th Nov).

Boy, can't wait...time ain't passing...just waiting to put my hands on it...
hdoshi, can understand the exitement when you are awaiting to get your hands on your new car, and that to be coming too soon.Congratulations on your new car and see you at your ownership thread.
Deepak sorry for OT in your thread, hope you dont mind.
Old 17th November 2009, 11:51   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijaythacker View Post
hdoshi, can understand the exitement when you are awaiting to get your hands on your new car, and that to be coming too soon.Congratulations on your new car and see you at your ownership thread.
Deepak sorry for OT in your thread, hope you dont mind.
Thanks Vijaythacker, update before you guys see me on my ownership thread! My car has arrived and has gone for registration today. Picking it up tomorrow, don't know if I would be able to sleep tonight
Old 17th November 2009, 12:21   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsagar View Post

Wheel cap should cost 200-300/- and not more than that.
I was quoted 400 bucks/cap.
Old 19th November 2009, 15:55   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Took the vehicle again today to Om Sai Motors, Whitefield. The folks checked the Relay (Lumax) and said "there is a problem we are having with this and we will change it to a different one."
They have now put in Roots Relay, hope i dont have it repeated.
Old 19th November 2009, 17:05   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mafioso View Post

Yes Maruti doesnt encourage upgrade of bulbs, but the stock bulbs are really bad!! cant see anything in highways during night drive, i have upgraded to 100/90 with cut off and Narva bulbs (hope i got the spelling right!)with Hella Cutoff set.. I havent had any problems till date. One of my friends swift has philips bulbs which seem to go off after every long trip!! Suggest switching the brand
I had put in 140/100W GE bulbs (in 2005 when new) in my swift with Roots relay kit which came with ceramic holders.
My advise is, if you upgrade the bulbs in any car upgrade the holders as the stock ones cannot take the amount of heat a 100W produces.
Now since i could not find GE's i have 130/100W philips bulbs... It is an year now and still running good...
Also to point out after nearly 4.5 years still the stock headlamp is fine.... also i havent changed the stock battery till now... So to any one who says that the headlamps cant take the heat or battery will drain...it is pure bollocks...

Last edited by ksethuram : 19th November 2009 at 17:07.
Old 3rd December 2009, 20:09   #60

1. Yes i too face the same problem with the headlamps in my Swift dzire, I am thinking seriously to upgrade them, what is the approx price? for the best brand.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks