Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th July 2009, 17:53   #31
BHPian

Thanks for the kind words. I plan to go to Mayiladuthurai on Sunday and then proceed to Coimbatore from there and back to Chennai. That will be a 1000 Kms. I will have more comments after that.

Is there any link or thread that explains how to fit the music system by ourselves?

Ram
Old 24th July 2009, 17:58   #32
BHPian

Congrats brother, me two enjoying my nearing 6 month baby a lot. Just got second service today and truely no issues.
Old 15th November 2009, 11:05   #33
BHPian

6000 Km update

I have had this car for the last 4 months and here is my 6000 km update.

1. The car is extremely comfortable, all the prejudices I had with Toyota being cheap about not giving music system etc. are long gone. The car conducts itself with grace on the highway. Such a sweet and well behaved car. Not a speed or a torque monster.

2. Does not have the brutal acceleration I expected but can cruise safely at 120 Kmph. The car is also a little wishy washy on curves at any speeds over 85 kmph.

3. mileage is around 12 Kmpl - 13 kmpl.

4. As expected the car is boringly problem free. I have no problems to report.

5. Love Lanson toyota's service where they pick up and drop the car off after service.

6. I got the GX8 with the bigger A/C uint and rear seat blowers. A/C is flawless.

7. Breaking is flawless (mine does not have ABS)

Overall verdict, I am glad that my sister insisted that I get the innova instead of the Xylo. When I bought the car, I was a bit upset with toyota about the fact that their product was grossly overpriced and they skimped on things like music system , remote locking etc.

But now after driving the car, I am willing to overlook Toyota's attitude. As I said before, the car is not really quick or fast, conservative looks etc. BUT, It seems to just work the way it is supposed to in all aspects. No rattling, no electrical issues, No seat getting loose, no squeaking when braking, no clicking noises from the dash, no steering pulling to one side..... No complaints. Just zero!!! There are absolutely no complaints about anything. That is new to me after having owned a Bolero and a Ghurkha.

I want to get the altis as my next car . I would recommend this car to any of my friends anyday. The higher price tag is worth it, in my opinion.

Ram
Old 15th November 2009, 13:49   #34
Senior - BHPian

nice report, rrnsss!

Your innova looks great in white!

agreed the innova is ace on the highway, but how do you find it in the city? Is it easy to handle or too bulky?

cheers
Old 15th November 2009, 13:55   #35
BHPian

I don't drive in the city. Not this car, not any other car. My first preference is not to go out anywhere in the city. If I have to then I walk, then go by my unicorn, or just hire a call taxi. Helps to keep my Blood pressure down.. Even when I have to drop or pickup some one from the airport, I always hire an innova from the local travels.

I thought of getting a Wagon R sort of a car for the city, but then good sense prevailed and I stuck to the plan of not driving in the city.
Old 15th November 2009, 14:31   #36
Senior - BHPian

no dount about the robust reliability of toyota, as well its highway cruiser capability.Many were looking to hear about your city driving experience, seems that has to wait.Enjoy your ride.
Old 21st November 2009, 20:34   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrnsss View Post
I have had this car for the last 4 months and here is my 6000 km update.
Hi

Is there an option for the larger a/c blower unit when you buy the car.

rgds

Last edited by bblost : 21st November 2009 at 21:59. Reason: Avoid quoting a large post, Thanks.
Old 23rd November 2009, 13:14   #38
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the buy. It will server endlessly it you get bored without any problems. That is called as Japan's build.

How adding a spoiler? It looks good.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks