Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th July 2009, 11:12   #31
BHPian

Superb looking car. No doubts about it. But looking at the small nagging issues you have mentioned seems that Honda has cut corners at this price band. I would try to compare Jazz quality to probably ANHC quality interiors/exteriors/ride and I find it annoying that Honda has missed out some basic stuff.
Still Jazz is leagues ahead of competition in terms of quality. Enjoy your car to maximum.
Old 20th July 2009, 11:39   #32
Senior - BHPian

Having seen both cars in the showroom, I thought that the Jazz looks better finished than the City, to be honest. The City probably has a better ride, but for the city, the Jazz is the better car, in my view. Where it will fall short is in highway ride, handling and safe overtaking. Maybe the names should be interchanged!
Old 20th July 2009, 12:21   #33
BHPian

Congrats Bijujj on getting a new jazz. It is a good city car.

Even we got our Jazz 2 days back, haven't driven it much just 100km..But initial experience is good, easy maneuverability in city, good mileage, excellent build quality, light steering is good for parking in tight spots.

The things that I didnt like - slow pick up and need to constantly shift down to extract power, found bit of a body roll at speed above 70kph.

Will post a detail review with pics soon..
Old 20th July 2009, 12:31   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manu7781 View Post

I recently bought a i20 1.2 after test driving it along with the jazz. Curious to know the basis for your preference for the jazz, whether or not you checked the i20 out at all. Not too many Jazz owners take the trouble to post their reasons for preferring the Jazz as a buy, so this may be of value to many here.
Old 20th July 2009, 12:46   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manu7781 View Post
Congrats Bijujj on getting a new jazz. It is a good city car.

Even we got our Jazz 2 days back, haven't driven it much just 100km..But initial experience is good, easy maneuverability in city, good mileage, excellent build quality, light steering is good for parking in tight spots.

The things that I didnt like - slow pick up and need to constantly shift down to extract power, found bit of a body roll at speed above 70kph.

manu, congrats on yournew jazz buy mate, looking forward to see your report.Yes thats the complain of slow initial pickup and constant gear shifts but also has a gem of engine, BTW which colour you brought?
Old 26th July 2009, 12:47   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijaythacker View Post
manu, congrats on yournew jazz buy mate, looking forward to see your report.Yes thats the complain of slow initial pickup and constant gear shifts but also has a gem of engine, BTW which colour you brought?
Thanks Vijay.. Its white color Jazz. I will be posting a review and pics by end of today..
Old 29th July 2009, 10:15   #37
BHPian

1000 KM report
-----------------------

* Overall fuel efficiency- In city I get 12-13 and on highways 15-17
* No rattles or niggling issues so far
* Practicality is amazing. Last week we had a small get together for which I had to rent out 20 chairs, which could be comfortably stacked into the car. That too with the front seats in the normal position.
* Drove continuously for 9 hours with a 3 hour break in between and was quite comfortable.

I think some one looking for an estate car should consider this one seriously.
Old 29th July 2009, 11:24   #38
BHPian

Congrats on your car. Considering how little actual drivers have reported on the Jazz, I think you're doing yeoman service to us all here. Keep writing!
Old 29th July 2009, 12:04   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bijujj View Post
1000 KM report
-----------------------

* Overall fuel efficiency- In city I get 12-13 and on highways 15-17
* No rattles or niggling issues so far
* Practicality is amazing. Last week we had a small get together for which I had to rent out 20 chairs, which could be comfortably stacked into the car. That too with the front seats in the normal position.
* Drove continuously for 9 hours with a 3 hour break in between and was quite comfortable.

I think some one looking for an estate car should consider this one seriously.
those are good figures bijju, surelywith that engine honda does promises of those figures, keep going.About space thats what jazz is all about, no fuss no folds just keep and move with space inside.about your drive was it u alone with those chairs or had other peoples inside too, if so how was drive with occupancy and those chairs along with, how was engine power and overall ride experience if you can share more.
Old 29th July 2009, 12:09   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasant3 View Post
Here are some photos of my Red CRV and white Jazz.
Jazz is of course new. But the CRV looks amazing. Is it new. If not, what do you do to keep the car looking even better than new.
Old 29th July 2009, 12:15   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijaythacker View Post
.about your drive was it u alone with those chairs or had other peoples inside too, if so how was drive with occupancy and those chairs along with, how was engine power and overall ride experience if you can share more.
20 stackable plastic chairs weighs less than 2 adults, so cant say that the car was loaded :-). Me and my son in the front seats. But as I wrote, in Jazz you can fold the rear seats flat even with the front seats moved back.

Have driven with 4 adults on a hilly road. Lower end torque is less say compared to my opel 1.6. So one needs to downshift as required. Once you are mentally adjusted to that fact, it pretty much driveable. Handling is sharp at normal speeds (havent driven it beyond 90-100Kmph)
Old 4th August 2009, 13:36   #42
BANNED

@bijujj, you have made the best decision - nothing comes close, if your option include petrol.

BTW, nice to hear that your are best utilizing the acres of space inside. Any other hatchback, then a Tata Ace would indeed following your car .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
how often?
Looks like you need to hire a TATA Ace.
Old 4th August 2009, 16:28   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
@bijujj, you have made the best decision - nothing comes close, if your option include petrol.

BTW, nice to hear that your are best utilizing the acres of space inside. Any other hatchback, then a Tata Ace would indeed following your car .
In Kerala, when you hire a Tata Ace, you get three or four union workers free :-). So we try to do maximum ourselves.

Another good thing worth mentioning about Jazz is its small turning radius. You can wriggle out of any tight situation, with ease.
Old 28th August 2009, 01:24   #44
BHPian

Booked my Jazz. Likely to be delivered in a week - ten days. I read responses on tyre upgrade - should you get MRFs. The showroom people could not tell us what would i finally get. So, should i positively change if I get MRF and no bother if my ride comes on Michelins?
Old 28th August 2009, 09:07   #45
Senior - BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT SPAM the forum. One-liners that add absolutely no value to the thread are strictly prohibited on Team-BHP.

We advise you to visit our board rules section before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 28th August 2009 at 13:27.
Ramsagar is offline   Received Infraction

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks