Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st July 2009, 13:54   #16
Senior - BHPian

congrats on your monster, looks good in black silver colour, this might be optional as double colour or was it available like this only, keep updating and post more pics.
Old 21st July 2009, 14:57   #17
Senior - BHPian

congrats!!apart from the side door cladding,is there any upgrade in the new one?
Old 27th July 2009, 12:08   #18
BHPian

Thanks for all the wishes guys, its great to be a part of such a positive community.... I will indeed post more pics and ownership experiences as we go along...

With specific references to some comments,

@Undead - Can you shed some more light on Hella Rallye 4000? Where to get them? What would be the cost and would it affect the battery / wiring?

@Rocky - You almost gave me a heart attack by mentioning the nick. I did go and inspect, but its just the way the front bumper is moulded, no nick yet. Fingers crossed.
Didn't quite get what you meant by the rear glasses

@Jay and others on Microhybrid - well whatever the name that M & M calls it by, whether its a true Hybrid or not, I have found the feature to be useful. Many a times, one doesn't realise that at a traffic signal, or in heavy traffic, 100+ seconds go by without one moving an inch. Fuel continues to burn while the engine is idling. Microhybrid sort of like a strict teacher, forces the engine to shut off, thus saving fuel. The blower continues to run, the music continues as well - If its too hot, one can always press the clutch and restart !!
Old 27th July 2009, 14:33   #19
BHPian

@car.lover,

Glad there are no nicks and +1 to Your comments on the microHybrid. I just loved it during my short TD.

I was saying about the window glasses in the last row. I thought they are fixed and cannot be opened even a wee-bit; looks otherwise, from the pics.
Old 27th July 2009, 20:05   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by car.lover View Post
After a lot of waiting and problems (please see this thread "http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-c...d-new-car.html "), I finally got my fantastic new vehicle – the refreshed Scorpio – VLX, black with Silver cladding.
congrats on your new vehicle buddy. welcome to the scorpio club. enjoy the drive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysmokesleaves View Post
With no offence to you or your car,(this is not Scorpio bashing either) i wish to say this. I think this whole micro hybrid by mahindra is a joke.
IMO, mahindra has been bold enough to experiment with such a system in the price sensitive indian market. i know this is not a proper hybrid but then if it saves some amount of money, whats the harm? so i dont think its a joke.
also, mahindra has a proper scorpio HYBRID prototype ready which has finished testing. but the current market scenario does not permit its launch. will anybody buy a scorpio for 20 lakhs? i dont think so.

Quote:

@Jay and others on Microhybrid - well whatever the name that M & M calls it by, whether its a true Hybrid or not, I have found the feature to be useful. Many a times, one doesn't realise that at a traffic signal, or in heavy traffic, 100+ seconds go by without one moving an inch. Fuel continues to burn while the engine is idling. Microhybrid sort of like a strict teacher, forces the engine to shut off, thus saving fuel. The blower continues to run, the music continues as well - If its too hot, one can always press the clutch and restart !!
that is more important. btw, i would be really keen to know about the reliability of the start stop system. as in, many have forecasted that it would put a lot of stress on the battery, starter motor & turbo. i would be looking forward to your long term review.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky_Balboa View Post
I was saying about the window glasses in the last row. I thought they are fixed and cannot be opened even a wee-bit; looks otherwise, from the pics.
the last row windows in the scorpio can be opened. right from the first non-Crde model to the CRDe to the M2Di to the mHawk!
Old 28th July 2009, 11:38   #21
BHPian

I agree with Raj about the micro-hybrid. There is no need to go about throwing brick bats at Mahindra. At least they are constantly innovating. For the sceptics, the 'hybrid' system was not just developed by Mahindra but by Bosch - the same guys who developed the ABS. So lets just assume that they tested this thing.

Besides, Mahindra allows you to completely switch off this system as if it did not exist. Sure, go ahead and blame them IF there are any failings in / due to the system. But until then, lets give them the benefit of doubt. They deserve that much.
Old 28th July 2009, 11:45   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysmokesleaves View Post
Congrats. The color combination is good.
With no offence to you or your car,(this is not Scorpio bashing either) i wish to say this. I think this whole micro hybrid by mahindra is a joke. It would be better if they came up with something really serious w.r.t hybrid technology than come up with this start stop motor. In city driving conditions where you stay put for long durations this engine cutoff is not really happening because the ac cuts off too.
I do not know how much fuel or money the customer saves by this cutoff, but he surely will sweat quite a bit in the bargain(especially in the summer). Besides, the heavier duty starter motor might be more expensive to replace.
Lastly, i do not know if this even qualifies to be called a 'hybrid'. To me 'hybrid' is a term which will be used when an alternative source of fuel or system is used to provide mobility in conjunction with existing fossil fuel engines. How does Mahindras start stop motor qualify to be called 'hybrid' ?
I maybe wrong with my above view, in that case, can someone enlighten me..!
I too think Mahindra calling this whole thing of start stop Hybread is a joke.
Old 28th July 2009, 20:33   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicmanaman View Post
I too think Mahindra calling this whole thing of start stop Hybread is a joke.
i think you mean hybrid!!!!
Old 3rd August 2009, 14:33   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
congrats on your new vehicle buddy. welcome to the scorpio club. enjoy the drive.
Thanks Raj - I see that you've been very active on the Scorpio threads (and own 2 of the white ones) - I am enjoying the office commute as of now, but am just waiting to take the machine out for a long drive.

A friend advised me not to do that till the first servicing is done (4 months from purchase) - wondering if that should be the case.

I also agree with you on M & M's pursuit of adding something new to its models, its a great move.

I don't know of any car in the sub 15 lakh bracket which offers so much - tyretronics, auto lights, follow me lights, wiper sensor, micro Hybrid, ABS, etc. etc.
Old 3rd August 2009, 16:53   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
A friend advised me not to do that till the first servicing is done (4 months from purchase) - wondering if that should be the case.
Nothing like that. All you need to do is finish the 1000 KM running in when you shouldn't push the engine beyond 3K RPM.
Old 3rd August 2009, 18:43   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
Nothing like that. All you need to do is finish the 1000 KM running in when you shouldn't push the engine beyond 3K RPM.

Thanks - that has been done, in fact its now 2500 Kms on the ODO and haven't crossed 90 kmph / 3000 rpm yet. Have shown remarkable self control, especially on the expressway
Old 3rd August 2009, 20:34   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Raj - I see that you've been very active on the Scorpio threads (and own 2 of the white ones) - I am enjoying the office commute as of now, but am just waiting to take the machine out for a long drive.
there are some machines which touch your heart rather than your mind... in my case, the scorpio is the one! this justifies me being seen more on scorpio threads. about owning a scorpio, well we have all the models!!!

a scorpio is fun to drive on long trips. short office commutes dont do justice to the hawk's power.

Quote:
nothing like that! just dont strain the engine by revving it too much.

Quote:
I also agree with you on M & M's pursuit of adding something new to its models, its a great move.

I don't know of any car in the sub 15 lakh bracket which offers so much - tyretronics, auto lights, follow me lights, wiper sensor, micro Hybrid, ABS, etc. etc.
i have been saying this since the mHawk's launch. but then many feel these electronics are useless! suprisingly, these comments come from some who have never used these features.
Old 8th August 2009, 23:39   #28
BHPian

@Carlover - Can you comment upon practicality of cruise control feature? Since you live in NCR, on which expressway could you use it?

Last edited by breezydrive : 8th August 2009 at 23:42.
Old 9th August 2009, 10:14   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
a scorpio is fun to drive on long trips. short office commutes dont do justice to the hawk's power.
well Raj, till now what i have heard is that surely for highway runs too but this machine is awesome for city running as well, doesnt let you feel driving a huge machine, yes the power mhawk carries can only be justified on longer trips.
Old 9th August 2009, 10:47   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijaythacker View Post
well Raj, till now what i have heard is that surely for highway runs too but this machine is awesome for city running as well, doesnt let you feel driving a huge machine, yes the power mhawk carries can only be justified on longer trips.
hi vijay,

true, i feel the scorpio was made for the urban environment. this explains its compact dimensions & short turning radius.

but you cannot really explore it's engine's capability within city drives. to feel the power, an outstation drive is a must.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks