Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th July 2009, 22:06   #1
BHPian

Upgraded from slat "H" to Straight "H"

Hi guys. i have upgraded from Hyundai Santro to Honda City. i am uploading a few pics. these pics have been taken in night
Attached Thumbnails
Upgraded from slat "H" to Straight "H"-dscf2913.jpg  

Upgraded from slat "H" to Straight "H"-dscf2914.jpg  

Upgraded from slat "H" to Straight "H"-dscf2915.jpg  

Upgraded from slat "H" to Straight "H"-dscf2916.jpg  

Upgraded from slat "H" to Straight "H"-dscf2917.jpg  

Upgraded from slat "H" to Straight "H"-dscf2918.jpg  

Upgraded from slat "H" to Straight "H"-dscf2919.jpg  

Upgraded from slat "H" to Straight "H"-dscf2922.jpg  

Upgraded from slat "H" to Straight "H"-dscf2923.jpg  

Upgraded from slat "H" to Straight "H"-dscf2924.jpg  

Old 20th July 2009, 22:10   #2
BHPian

i brought the tafeta white SMT from ace honda, noida. i exchanged my old santro 1999 with auto-terrace. i will post the whole experience later
Old 20th July 2009, 22:17   #3
Senior - BHPian

Congrats doc! drive safe. Looks good in white.
Old 20th July 2009, 22:57   #4
BHPian

Congrats doc. its a great choice
Watch out - it seems that the doors of the car will scrape the adjacent walls when it is opened.

Tires look tiny..will you upgrade?
Old 21st July 2009, 07:54   #5
Senior - BHPian

Congrats,

The Car look awesome in my favorite color White.

Enjoy your new ride.

BTW, you still own one slat "H".
Old 21st July 2009, 08:29   #6
Senior - BHPian

put some fat rubber for that bhpian look!! enjoy revving..
Old 21st July 2009, 09:28   #7
Senior - BHPian

Congrats!!!Looks good on the white gown.
Old 21st July 2009, 12:14   #8
BHPian

Welcome to Honda Club Dr.. Even i had the same upgrade - "H" to "H". Looking forward to your initial report - Drive safe and have fun
Old 21st July 2009, 13:42   #9
BHPian

Congratulations Sir. fantastic upgrade. Looks stunning in white. Enjoy the Honda experience. Any upgrades planned?? Waiting for the initial report.

Drive safe.

Last edited by mnhegde : 21st July 2009 at 13:43.
Old 21st July 2009, 16:46   #10
GTO
Team-BHP Support

She'll serve you well for a long time to come, Doc. Smart choice. How about giving all of us a brief review of the car? Only pictures won't do.
Old 21st July 2009, 16:52   #11
BHPian

Congratulation on your choice and as everyone before me said, it would serve you well. Would love to hear your evaluation exercise and your initial experience. Drive safe and have fun.
Old 21st July 2009, 16:53   #12
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Doc. Welcome to the ANHC Club. She s a hoot to drive. Cheers and drive safe.
Old 21st July 2009, 17:11   #13
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations!! White looks so clean !! I always loved the dash and gadgets in a honda.Yes , I agree with all too, decision taking process and the review too !!
Old 21st July 2009, 20:31   #14
BHPian

Damm, I thought some one has worked a DIY gear shift. Lovely choice of colour nonetheless
Old 24th July 2009, 21:49   #15
BHPian

sorry to be late. i will write about the whole experience in 3-4 posts one by one.
My buying experience of Honda City can be divided in to 3 parts which I will discuss one by one followed by ownership comments
  • deciding the car model
  • deciding the dealership
  • exchange experience at auto-terrace
Deciding the car model[/FONT][/SIZE]
This was the most difficult. I was looking for upgrading from my santro to something bigger for around 3 yrs and more so in the last 18 months. I evaluated and TDed almost all cars in the range of 5 lacs – 12 lacs including Honda Civic, Fiat Linea, Toyota Altis, Mahindra Logan, Maruti Dezire, Maruti SX4, TATA Safari, ford fiesta.

My requirements
A sedan, my main requirement of back seat though will drive occasionally and when driver is absent. Mainly city driving of around 2000kms / month. Very occasional trips outside. Peace of mind.
HONDA CITY
It was a decision of heart and mind. I always liked the design of Honda cars and Honda city is one of the best. It has a WOW feel to look at. Of course the i-vtec engine is one of the best in its class helps and also the no. of dealers (almost 10 in NCR region).
Pros
Good Looks, Good engine, Seat comfort is good and is quite spacious at the back. Engine response is fanastic, smooth, good resale
Cons
Price, lack of features like ACC, Fogs, a bit of arrogance of dealers, rear AC, back ride is slightly harsh. Engine has harsh sound at high rpm’s. ride quality is second best (after Linea), interior looks not so rich, lack of CD player, lack of front room lights

FIAT LINEA
This came second. It fulfilled all my requirements except that engine specs were lower, dealership response was not up-to-mark so confidence in their * * * is low.
Pros
Seat comfort is superb, ride quality is best. Rear AC, looks good (I rate is less than city), boot is spacious, engine (diesel) is just adequate, good interiors
Cons
Dealership response is pathetic (seems no-one is interested to sell), peace of mind factor not present, no. of dealers is less, plastics of poor quality (see comments below), QC poor.
Remarks – inspite of whatever fiat does / does not do, it must have the will to sell cars. Linea is a perfect car sold by imperfect dealers. That’s the problem. In my interaction with automobile sterling, noida over six months (Jan-Jun 09) they could not provide a petrol TD vehicle (can you believe??) even after 2 visits to the dealership and numerous calls with their sales executives.
HONDA CIVIC
Brilliant car but expensive
Pros
Great design, great dash & digital speedometer, good responsive engine, great interiors
Cons
Soft suspension (thud on speed-breakers), expensive buy, poor resale, probable mid-life upgrade shortly

TOYOTA COROLLA ALTIS
Good overall package, VFM in its segment, can be the next upgrade
Pros
Nice interiors, loaded with features – ACC, etc, seating and ride quality good
Cons
Expensive, design not so envious
Everything about altis is standard, ordinary and functional, there is lack of WOW factor

MAHINDRA LOGAN
Good spacious car but both interior and exterior looks are too ordinary, ownership does not give a sense of pride
Pros
Good spacious car, ride quality is good, lower variants are cheap, diesel engine is good
Cons
Poor interiors, exterior is too ordinary (seems to be from 1980’s), dealership experience, poor re-sale, dramatic fall in sales in last 6 months
MARUTI DEZIRE
Pros
Cheap, maruti reliabity, goodies, diesel version present, economical to run, adequate re-sale value
Cons
Biggest con is shape – real ugly from any angle (my apology to owners – this my personal opinion), cheap plastics, built quality

MARUTI SX4
Cons
Did not like the looks. Ride quality was poor, body roll and woobly, poor re-sale value, harsh engine noise
Pros
]It is a maruti, *** etc

TATA SAFARI
Pros
It is a dream, macho image, spacious, good ride quality, respect from other lowly beings (Non-SUV drivers)
Cons
Build quality, unreliability factor

FORD FIESTA
Pros
Good car, ride quality, seat comfort
Cons
Expensive ***, poor resale value, model due for change

Net result - honda city SMT
peace of mind, no expected drama, will do its job day in day out, good power, good average, "oohs" and " aahs" from Family and friends is a bonus.
I wish
honda gives ACC, Alloys, fog lamps, rear AC in the same price.
Curtain airbags as options

Last edited by drkunaldas : 24th July 2009 at 22:02.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks