Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th July 2009, 12:32   #16
BHPian

Congrats on your new Beast

Nice color dude, heard that this vehicle performs like a Bull on the highways. now its up to you to test it.
Old 28th July 2009, 12:55   #17
BANNED

One doubt - KL or KA regn? If KL regn, how will you manage stay in KA? If only temp in KL, any extra hoops to jump through for a permanent regn in KA? (Like entry tax, extra documents to be produced, etc?)
Old 28th July 2009, 13:05   #18
BHPian

Looks amazing in Black colour. Massive road presense. Enjoy your beast.
Old 28th July 2009, 13:15   #19
Senior - BHPian

Congrats.
Would suggest you get 90/100 if you intend to do lot of highway driving.

Could you post how much you paid for the damping.
Old 28th July 2009, 13:45   #20
Senior - BHPian

FreeWheelBurning ('FWB' from now on):

When doing run-in, it is best not to maintain a steady speed. But, if it was couple of months back (that is before the 4 laning was complete) I am sure, try as you might, you might not have been able to, but now, yet.

So, if you have any more KM's remaining in that 1500 kms for 1st service, run at different speed.

And all the best for your KL in KA drama.
Old 28th July 2009, 14:05   #21
BHPian

I am using the car in karnataka. Earlier i have used a KL7 lancer 2 years, KL3 Santro for 7 months etc. Also i step into visibility of cops only during weekends,cos i stay 4 kms away from Baghmane tech park. Also i always carry fuel bills.So not a problem.The damping cost me 6500 including dynamat xtreme and some kind of closed cell foam. Galaxy guys did i good job i must say. Very professional. I would consider it as money well spent.In city i drive at varying speeds but always tried to make sure RPM between 1700 to 2500.

Recently there was a court verdict on entry tax and road tax. If i understood right, in future you can use other state vehicles in karnataka without issues. Please confirm this, cos the news article was ambiguous in nature, published on 25th July Times of India front page.

Last edited by Jaggu : 28th July 2009 at 16:22. Reason: back to back posts, please EDIT the original post if you want to add. thanks
Old 28th July 2009, 14:17   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by freewheelburnin View Post
Recently there was a court verdict on entry tax and road tax.If i understood right , in future you can use other state vehicles in karnataka without issues.Please confirm this....cos the news article was ambiguous in nature,published on 26th July...Times of India front page...
It was only related to entry tax no road tax. However now I can see much noise about road tax getting published in news papers. Hope in near future this rule also get abolished.

Congrats for your new Safari. It is really many people's dream to own one.
Old 28th July 2009, 14:18   #23
Senior - BHPian

congratulations mate, thats good looking beast in black colour.also you got a sweet deal of discounts to enjoy, keepupdating and post more pics along of that damnping setup too.
Old 28th July 2009, 14:31   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by freewheelburnin View Post
I am using the car in karnataka.Earlier i have used a KL7 lancer 2 years, KL3 Santro for 7 months etc.Also i step into visibility of cops only during weekends,cos i stay 4 kms away from Baghmane tech park.Also i always carry fuel bills.So not a problem.The damping cost me 6500 including dynamat xtreme and some kind of closed cell foam.Galaxy guys did i good job i must say.Very professional.I would consider it as money well spent.In city i drive at varying speeds but always tried to make sure RPM between 1700 to 2500....
Thanks for the update.

A tbhpian from Coc used noise kill or so to damp some are behind the dashboard. Said it made a big difference.

If you intend to add sub and an amp for speakers, you may need to upgrade the HU.
Old 28th July 2009, 14:34   #25
BHPian

I think it is related to entry tax.....

Do let me know if anybody is looking for a Safari 2.2.I think there is one or 2 more cars of mountain green color and silver are for sale.But do check the vehicle with a competent mechanic before taking.

Issues till now:
1)central locking does not unlock the rear right door properly.The movement of lock lever looks weak.Need to fix it during first service.
2)First gear seems harder than remaining gears which are pretty smooth.
3)Rear a/c vent on the floor does not give a strong flow of air.But roof a/c works very well.

No rattles or squeaks yet.
Old 28th July 2009, 14:42   #26
Senior - BHPian

Yes, the article was ONLY with reference to entry tax. Road tax was and still is a state issue. So, nothing much to be expected on that front.
Old 28th July 2009, 14:47   #27
adc
Senior - BHPian

Safari does look great in black. I had this idea that the from EX onwards wheels were alloy, whether 2wd or 4wd.

Post more pics and do enjoy the ownership fully.
Old 28th July 2009, 14:50   #28
BHPian

Congrats Jeevan....That's an awesome color for Safari. Any plans to go for alloys?

Enjoy your ride. . Regarding the head light you can go for Philips Xtreme 60/55 if you don't want to go for 100/90 bulb which requires several mods.

By the way, hope your previous issue with the crooked 2nd hand dealer is resolved.(You know whom I'm referring to)
Old 28th July 2009, 15:08   #29
BANNED

Cool deal

Thats was a cool deal buddy....congrats

Could you please clarify on the sound deadening part that you had mentioned putting something in the doors to supress sound/vibrations please....
Old 28th July 2009, 15:15   #30
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the Black beauty,its crying for the alloys.
pls add them immediately.Have a safe drive.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks