Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th July 2009, 20:05   #16
Team-BHP Support

Congrats for the Baleno, it is a lovely car. Great to have one more Baleno lover in this forum.
Old 29th July 2009, 20:25   #17
BHPian

Congrats on the Baleno.I m surprised at your hunt for cars.OHC,Lancer and what not.I am even surprised seeing that you say Old Honda City as OHC,as many in t bhp do.I dont get the fact why a serious motor head dint have a Palio 1.6 in your wishlist..or u did have one.

Vignesh
1.2 SIENA ELX/Mugen FFE
Old 29th July 2009, 21:49   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
nd by the way this car is a he unlike my other Baleno(She was called Rogue). I am yet to name this one yet.
Eleanor or Ms. Demeanor would be nice names!
Old 29th July 2009, 21:52   #19
BANNED

Congrats on your car. Whenever you decide to sell the car, remember there's a ready buyer. Read the other thread about the same car.
Old 30th July 2009, 08:36   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live To Jive View Post
Congrats on your car. Whenever you decide to sell the car, remember there's a ready buyer. Read the other thread about the same car.
Which other thread? Riju's?

I was looking at more rugged and serious names. Waiting for a wave of inspiration for the name to just pop out like Harry's does in Goblet of Fire.

@kutlee: Now I am just BROKE. Was planning on Race Dynamics ECU in time(looks like its going to be a long time). Thats the only boost. I dont want to touch anything else in this

lovely car.

@Pulsar56: Definitely will post recent snaps.I want to make this car look meaner. Working on that.

@shivshanker: Lights next on agenda when I can manage to flick my hubby's credit card and go swipe swipe swipe and then plead on insanity grounds or better still get sudden selective amnesia.

@ HappyWheels: My supportive / sportive hubby also my GPS also my drag competitor and hopefully the fund guy for my next set of huge purchases is DARSHAN. I am planning to act

insane for a long time looking at my wishlist

@BEEJAY: I just need to do some thinking on the specs of both the cars and take pointers to just cross him, wave a quick Hi and zoom away next time. Sweet.

@RIJU: Thanks da.

@CRAZYDIABLO: I love the car. The other day I spent two hours cleaning it up. My arms hurt but looking at the car made it all go away. I have no regrets at atll. Just hope to maintain it as good as it was.

@BLACKPEARL: Thank you. I went ballistic when I saw the threads on Baleno on TBHP. I was like, I can do this. I can do that. Just went mad. Its such an easy car to do up that I am sure I am going to enjoy the journey.

@VIGNESHRAM: I Initially I was so thrilled I was going to pick up a car, I wanted to drive them all. But yes the OHC, Lancer were on my wish list and in the course of my jouney I realized I was going to pick a Jap car as it suited my wallet and needs.

@theMAG: I was looking at more rugged and serious names. Waiting for a wave of inspiration for the name to just pop out like Harry's does in Goblet of Fire.

@Live the Jive: Which other thread? Riju's?

A quick thanks to

@SRIJIT, @MURALISK, @BALAJIRD, @ARDY, @PLANETROCKER, @HARI78, @ MNHEGDE.

Last edited by Jaggu : 30th July 2009 at 14:54. Reason: back to back posts, please EDIT the original post after its approved, if you want to add. thanks
Old 30th July 2009, 10:26   #21
BHPian

Good to hear that Car is going onto the next stage in Mods. Invest on suspensions before you go to a standalone ECU. IMHO you wont need a standalone for your current set of mods.

Looks like all the baleno boys will have serious competition soon. have fun.
Old 30th July 2009, 10:35   #22
BHPian

Wow two side storys are just great to read even though this story was a little big

Well waiting for the updated pics with some new mods
Old 30th July 2009, 10:43   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SowmyaHariharan View Post
I was looking at more rugged and serious names. Waiting for a wave of inspiration for the name to just pop out like Harry's does in Goblet of Fire.
You got a problem in hand. You are newbie, but that Baleno is a Senior BHPian

Wonder Baleno might ask you to change your name to more rugged one

Enjoy the drive
Old 30th July 2009, 11:30   #24
BHPian

congrats on the purchase ,

as you have so aptly said - there is something about a baleno that really pulls you.

what are the modifications that you plan to do on the car and how much has it run till now .

regards,
Abhijeet
Old 30th July 2009, 11:38   #25
BHPian

hey congratulations ! on the excellent pick ,very rarely you do come across a well maintained baleno's .and seems to me you would keep it the same way as Riju did .
Old 30th July 2009, 11:53   #26
Senior - BHPian

Wow, that was a long car-search. But one that ended on a good note.
Congrats on your car.

I can see that you are pretty knowledge-able when it comes to car-stuff, but I would still suggest you tread cautiously when it comes to modding. Do read up the threads on the forum (lots of them here about mod experiences) and elsewhere and make an informed choice.
Old 30th July 2009, 11:54   #27
Senior - BHPian

Hi Sowmya,

Congarts for being an Owner of Maruti Baleno.
One of my favourite car and driven/used for some 2 months.
The only issue i faced was FE.i got only 8kmpl.
Really amazing and driver oriented car.
Enjoy and Drive Safely
Old 30th July 2009, 11:59   #28
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by SowmyaHariharan View Post
@Live the Jive: Which other thread? Riju's?
Yea Riju's. I read all the threads on the Baleno & OHC when I was looking for a used car. Didn't come across any good Baleno. Finally settled for a OHC. Still to pick it up though.
Old 30th July 2009, 12:24   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
Wow, that was a long car-search. But one that ended on a good note.
Congrats on your car.

I can see that you are pretty knowledge-able when it comes to car-stuff, but I would still suggest you tread cautiously when it comes to modding. Do read up the threads on the forum (lots of them here about mod experiences) and elsewhere and make an informed choice.
Definitely. The only thing I did in a hurry was picking up Riju's car because he was waiting to show it to other people (or so he claims )

When it comes to mods, I ll read up and research all material I can lay my hands on. Only when I am completely convinced, its good for my car will I go ahead.

And when I have all of you in the forum, I am sure I wont go wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D3NZ1L View Post
hey congratulations ! on the excellent pick ,very rarely you do come across a well maintained baleno's .and seems to me you would keep it the same way as Riju did .
I definitely intend to keep the car that way. I am planning to take turns washing my car once at my in laws and once at my parents place.

Though this time when I washed my car at mom's place, my mom's logic that I am no longer a member of the household needs counter logic from my end. Till then in laws water it is

Last edited by Jaggu : 30th July 2009 at 14:56. Reason: You can use Multi Quotes to avoid making back to back posts. Thanks
Old 30th July 2009, 12:45   #30
BHPian

Nice looking car. How much was the bumper re-painting? I need to do the same, and my MASS is quoting 5000 for both bumpers.
What bumper guards are you going to use, the stick-on strips or those monstrous bull guards?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks