Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th July 2009, 13:03   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by filcord View Post
Nice looking car. How much was the bumper re-painting? I need to do the same, and my MASS is quoting 5000 for both bumpers.
What bumper guards are you going to use, the stick-on strips or those monstrous bull guards?
filcord bangalore is relatively a tad bit expensive, paid about 3500 or so. Regarding the bumper guards, you are right its the same stick on strips.

Word of advice for you Sowmya, the car had oodles of torque which you would seldom use. I would say spend wisely and if you are really keen go in for a suspension upgrade. Check Mohit's(crazydiablo) thread on the suspension upgrade with the Koni's.

Ok that was my 2 cents, I know its your car now and Darshan good luck pal .
Old 30th July 2009, 13:07   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
filcord bangalore is relatively a tad bit expensive, paid about 3500 or so. Regarding the bumper guards, you are right its the same stick on strips.

Word of advice for you Sowmya, the car had oodles of torque which you would seldom use. I would say spend wisely and if you are really keen go in for a suspension upgrade. Check Mohit's(crazydiablo) thread on the suspension upgrade with the Koni's.

Ok that was my 2 cents, I know its your car now and Darshan good luck pal .
Riju, the quote he has mentioned is for painting both bumpers. You got one or two bumpers repainted?

And you know for a fact I will always give a hearing to what you have to say about the car.
Old 30th July 2009, 13:37   #33
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations Sowmya!

Happing motoring and racing (with your Hubby)! Will look forward to the second episode of the Baleno.
Old 30th July 2009, 13:56   #34
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Neat writeup, very interesting buying experience. A car girl really can't go wrong with buying a BHPian's well-maintained car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SowmyaHariharan View Post
Dad decided to hide the car key whenever he went out of station.
Been there, done that in my teens . Got in trouble so many times that Dad got fed up and stopped hiding the keys.

Quote:
I used to stand near the driver and watch him using the clutch, brake and accelerator and pester them with questions.
Quote:
I looked up all ads for OHC Vtec(2003 model old shape), Mitsubishi Lancer, Hyundai Elantra and any big car I could find. I was not sure what I wanted initially.
Quote:
All the Corolla's I test drove were Pearl White and I felt nice sitting in it compared to driving it. Driving it didn't give me the kick.
Quote:
I did not want to sit in a car and make her feel unloved just because she was not the car I had picked.
Petrolhead if I ever saw one! Nice taste in cars.

Quote:
After the movie, we both decided to have a friendly drag on a long empty stretch. My baby gave tough competition, but he being more skilled than me, got ahead and home by few meters.
You & your husband had a friendly race? Not fair, he's got all that torque helping him. Wait till you get the racedynamics treatment. But before that, you need to get your car a Team-BHP sticker!

Congratulations & Drive safe.
Old 30th July 2009, 14:18   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Riju, the quote he has mentioned is for painting both bumpers. You got one or two bumpers repainted?
The front one actually and that's why I mentioned its a tad bit expensive in bangy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
You & your husband had a friendly race? Not fair, he's got all that torque helping him. Wait till you get the racedynamics treatment. But before that, you need to get your car a Team-BHP sticker!

Congratulations & Drive safe.
Rush thanks again for your help earlier with the registration thingy. I have an extra set of stickers which I picked up to be handed over to the car's new owner. Apparently forgot to hand it over.

Last edited by rjstyles69 : 30th July 2009 at 14:23.
Old 30th July 2009, 14:19   #36
Senior - BHPian

Ho congrats for getting the car . Next time I see a Baleno with a girl on the wheel here , I will think twice to have a drag with it . .
Now I know .

OT: On my way to office on inner ring road ,I regularly see a black accent and OHC( with nice alloys) beautifully maintained and driven by girls . And they do drive it good .

Last edited by black12rr : 30th July 2009 at 14:22.
black12rr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2009, 14:35   #37

Hi GTO

I am ahead on that I have used the TBHP stickers on the number plates(front and back) respectively. I like things more subtle so I used the small thin ones.

Inside my car, I have one just above the Glove Box. I know its a strange place, but I love looking at it. This is the big black 'Got BHP' sticker.
Old 30th July 2009, 14:36   #38
Senior - BHPian

Wah wah wah!!! What a story!! how did I miss it for 3 full pages.
Wonderful car search there sowmya. You must be enjoying every bit of the ownership.
So your husband has competition now at home
I hope Riju must be at peace now seeing that the car is doing good with u .
Old 30th July 2009, 14:59   #39
Team-BHP Support

Welcome to the forum and excellent write up.

Enjoy the car! go for the suspension set up first as Riju suggested, tad bit expensive. But sure will take your Baleno to the next level WRT handling.
Old 30th July 2009, 15:38   #40
BHPian

Nice story and brilliantly put.

Having come across one too many emails depicting women's driving skills in not quite what I'd call a positive light, it's glad to know that some girls do have petrol coursing through their veins, and can teach their male counterparts a thing or two about cars! Do get that RD ECU and get back at your husband!

And that selective amnesia thing had me in splits
Old 30th July 2009, 15:45   #41
Senior - BHPian

Loved the write up. :-) Congrats! What kind of an ICE have you got in there?
Old 30th July 2009, 15:53   #42
Senior - BHPian

Sowmya:you luckily had laid ur hands on one of well maintained Baleno i.e from Riju.
pls don't go for any mods imm.,understand the vehicle and later upgrade the necessary.
RD-ECU is must for putting your hubby Verna to dust.cheers on this.

Riju had maintained it very well,I personally don't like adding protectors to bumpers.
Old 30th July 2009, 16:19   #43
Team-BHP Support

This is one of the finest account of used car buying saga. Congrats Sowmya on a great buy. Baleno is a special car, even two years after selling mine, I still miss the free revving nature of that car. My current car feels sluggish compared to the Baleno.

Don't plan for mods so fast, understand it's stock ability first, it is quite a lot.

Quote:
I have attached a few images that Riju lent me generously. I plan to get the old grill fitted.
So you did inherit the images. I didn't handover my images to the new owner, he got the car, that's enough.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
Check Mohit's(crazydiablo) thread on the suspension upgrade with the Koni's.
And he is the guy who got it. So, the car is very much in the Team-BHP family.

Last edited by Samurai : 30th July 2009 at 16:20.
Old 30th July 2009, 16:19   #44
BHPian

sowmyahariharan-congrats,good to know there are still baleno buyers,even though production is stopped,i own one too[pls check my garage],bought it brand new in 2004,just did 110000km,still going great.
Old 30th July 2009, 17:05   #45
BHPian

A really neat and comprehensive writeup!
It's very rare to find a petrolhead in the other gender. Good to have come across one!
You are very lucky to have your hubby's company for friendly drags.
On your search for cars, it was really a very good effort put to buy an awesome machine. Do take care of it well.

All the very best for munching those long miles ahead!

Do take good care of the car and keep those rev's high!

Cheers,
Abhi

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks