Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th July 2009, 18:23   #1

My Love with Fiat Linea!!!

After so many struggles in getting membership approval writing my first post in Team-BHP

I was not a member but I used to read Team-BHP posts for last one year. Check on new posts read about some classic and vintage cars that’s how I discovered linea thread never thought linea look so beautiful waiting for linea to launch but they disappointed on Dec 14 2008

As soon the launch happened went to Prerana Motors showroom to look at the car and decided this is my next car.

I told my wife that planning to sell Tata indigo and buy Fiat linea. Took her to the showroom and showed the car she was not ok she wants to buy verna this is because he brother told her fiat is not good car you don't get resale value he confused my wife too much she always thinks her brother is always right. Because of the previous incident happened earlier I ignored everybody comments and bought the tata indigo car and suffered a lot I can write stories of my first car here is a sample

Thinks went wrong when my first car Tata Indigo refuse to start in the highway within 10 days of purchase. I called the toll free number TATA customer support told “push the car in 2nd gear it will start” it’s a common problem in the resent batch delivered I had very bad impression about TATA who makes car and do testing on its customers. It took 3 months to solve the issue by TATA

Everyone in the family told not to buy fiat. But I loved the car very much it took 2 months to convince everyone and my friend he is first time buyer he wants to buy swift. I took the marketing for fiat and convenience him both booked fiat linea emotion pack multijet on March 26 in Prerana Motors

I knew it will take one month to deliver both of us was not in hurry!!!

Here starts the problem...

Around mid of april came across thread in team-bhp "Fiat Linea Price Increase" and enquired the manager at prerana he said still not yet known but you have booked last month the price hike will be effective from April 15th don't worry around April 20th asked him for the Engine # and chassis #

He quietly replyed both cars have included in the new booking . He has spoken to top management and they are not willing to give at the old price. I was shocked very disappointed about fiat my friend said he can't pay more than booking price he is ready to cancel. I was very angry and upset about fiat management

Explained prerana manager that planning to cancel both the bookings if the price is not waived off then he came down and told he will give some freebies for 8,000 but the price was increased 18,000 in bangalore.

I was going through the thread "Fiat Linea Price Increase" thanks for the guys who has posted the email id's of rajeev.kapoor@fiat.com service@fiapl.com shefali.chopra@tatamotors.com
Wrote email to all of them and explained the problem if the price is not waived off we will cancel the booking of both the cars and gave the booking details

In the mean time tried to explain my wife about happenings got nicely from my wife and others...

After 24 hrs ... there was no reply from anyone. Had a chat with my friend decided to cancel the booking?

Here comes the climax...

The first call came after 36 hours from Prerana motors regional manager told fiat has waived off the price hike and apologized for the in convinced caused got 6 calls one after other from fiat and tata all top management to say they have waived off and finally got email from CEO fiat

Please be patient with us. Let me have the full details of this complaint and will get back to you shortly with an answer.
Regards,
Rajeev Kapoor

My dream came true!!! Thanks to Team-BHP members within 3 days both the cars are delivered on time with special treatment. Thinks changed my wife liked the car now and her brother is takes car and shows his friends doing free marketing for fiat

Enjoyed every moment driving the car completed around 8200 kms in 4 months and my linea gives me consistently mileage 30.5 kmpl without A/C running average 80 - 95 km speed. But my friend linea getting only 20 kmpl does anyone get this much mileage???
Tested 4 times between Hosur to Vellore on the national highway
Attached Thumbnails
My Love with Fiat Linea!!!-04072009003.jpg  

My Love with Fiat Linea!!!-04072009006.jpg  

My Love with Fiat Linea!!!-04072009024.jpg  

My Love with Fiat Linea!!!-04072009041_1.jpg  

My Love with Fiat Linea!!!-04072009042_1.jpg  

My Love with Fiat Linea!!!-04072009042_4.jpg  

My Love with Fiat Linea!!!-04072009044_1.jpg  

Attached Images

Old 29th July 2009, 18:41   #2
BHPian

First congrats for your car and hope you are having a good time. I am waiting for the delivery on my beauty now

But 30KMPL thats a big WOW.......... something extra-ordinary..... did you try checking FE using tank refill method?

Last edited by msk_kapoor : 29th July 2009 at 18:43.
Old 29th July 2009, 18:48   #3
BHPian

Let me first congratulate you for joining Linea club on t-bhp. I know very well what it means to be a proud owner of Linea.
Amazed to see FE. I never get that much. City traffic 13.5/l and highway 16/l with always AC on with ACC set at 20 degree celcius. Never checked without AC.
Where are the pictures? What about accessories? Please try to give all detail.
Old 29th July 2009, 18:53   #4
BHPian

Congratulations on the new car! That mileage seems unbelievable!
I am also waiting for my Linea petrol!. have fun
Old 29th July 2009, 18:54   #5
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to T-BHP.
Congrats on the Linea. More & better pics please.

The mileage you are seeing on the display is indicative and not the exact mileage. Please use the tank full to tank full method to get the exact mileage.
Old 29th July 2009, 19:04   #6
BHPian

Congrats

Congratulations on the new car!
You are getting 30+ kmpl. I am amazed to see that figure.
Hope to buy a LINEA soon.
Old 29th July 2009, 19:43   #7
BHPian

30kmpl may be a first for the Linea. Are you sure? If this is so, suggest, you highlight this to the Fiat management. There may be something in store for you, for getting so much out of the car. Awsome man! Great going. Pics please.
Old 29th July 2009, 19:58   #8
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the car dude. please post some pix. Btw, 30kmpl is really extraordinary. pls use the tankful method, just to be sure. If it really is 30kmpl, then you are one lucky man!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by omar1310 View Post
30kmpl may be a first for the Linea. Are you sure? If this is so, suggest, you highlight this to the Fiat management. There may be something in store for you, for getting so much out of the car. Awsome man! Great going. Pics please.
before you do this, please PM fellow member Drpullokaran, he may have an interesting story for you.!!
Old 29th July 2009, 20:33   #9
Senior - BHPian

Greg,Welcome to Linea club.
The FE is very high.
Use tank to tank fill method.
This readings are inductive and it might change by day.
I got 23.7 kmpl with 100%AC in one of my trip.Overall 19-21.7 kmpl with 100% AC in my Native trip.
So without AC you can get 30+kmpl.
Any how congarts for new possession
Enjoy and Drive Safely
Old 29th July 2009, 20:41   #10

tried tank full method with A/C for 210 kms got 26.25 kmpl. i will try full tank method this week end without A/C and post the results also some more pictures attached
Attached Thumbnails
My Love with Fiat Linea!!!-17072009001.jpg  

My Love with Fiat Linea!!!-17072009007.jpg  

My Love with Fiat Linea!!!-17072009010.jpg  

My Love with Fiat Linea!!!-17072009013.jpg  

My Love with Fiat Linea!!!-17072009016.jpg  

My Love with Fiat Linea!!!-17072009019.jpg  

Old 29th July 2009, 20:47   #11
Senior - BHPian

There goes another vote for Fiat Linea.Congrats dude for your acquisition.Happy motoring.
Old 29th July 2009, 21:23   #12
BHPian

Congratulations Greg. FE of 30 is awesome. The best I could get in my Uno was 23 on highways and ACC 100%. Seems Linea is breaking new grounds here. Could it be that FIAT provided the digital tripmeter to counter the negative publicity it received for Palio's poor FE ? Something like, see it and believe it yourself.
Old 29th July 2009, 21:31   #13
BHPian

congrats on your purchase and congrats to your friend too for buying the Linea.

yes its possible to get a good Mileage of 30+ if your a sedate driver. i manage to extract 16-17 Kmpl within the city in bumper to bumper driving conditions by being very sedate in driving and slotting in the gears at the right times and keeping the RPM below 1700 !!
Old 29th July 2009, 21:32   #14
Senior - BHPian

COngrats!
And like everyone am amazed at the FE.
waiting for tank full method figures as well.
Old 29th July 2009, 23:21   #15
BHPian

Hey first off congrats. Like everyone else am amazed at your MJD's fuel consumption figures. Guess it's got to do with how you drive the car! A tankful to tankful 26 is not bad at all, for such a heavy car. Wonder how I should drive the petrol, to squeeze the max out of each drop of Rs.50 per lire petrol

Last edited by pranava999 : 29th July 2009 at 23:22.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks