Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th August 2009, 18:03   #16
BHPian

Heartiest congratulations vfmanuel, even I am awaiting delivery of a Red Punto MJD Emotion Pk from Prerana motors, Lalbagh. Did you manage to get any freebies? I have been offered mud flaps and mats. Also did you take insurance from them? They are quoting around 18k whereas Bajaj is quoting around 13.8k only (thanks to fellow BHPian Vinod who forwarded this lead).

BTW where did you inspect the vehicle before registration? Was it in their Peenya stockyard or in the showroom? The sales guy says that they won't permit me to visit the stock yard in Peenya. I guess, if the inspection is to be done in the showroom there won't be any chance of seeing the underbody, as I don't think they have a ramp to hoist the car up.
Old 4th August 2009, 18:16   #17
BHPian

congratz dude..!
red punto looks great
where are the pics though?

the average depends a lot on how you drive.
a new car will always give a lesser average as all the mechanical parts and engine are new.you will get a better average after around 500kms.but still 13-14 is a decent average,
Old 4th August 2009, 20:40   #18

At first let me appologize for long post (earlier one) and font difference.

Thank you all for the encouragement

I inspected the car at showroom only, Prerana Lalbagh Road has a provision to lift the car.

Accessories idol, deo, mats (crap), mud flap (yet to come) some sweets / puja and thats it. I now came to know they are giving corporate discount so wrote to Fiat on this. I have palced Llumar side and back sun film (35). Need to fix front glass any inputs welcome.

Karthik thanks for the info will try and let you know.
Attached Thumbnails
Its Finally Fiat Punto-punto.jpg  

vfmanuel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2009, 22:53   #19
BHPian

Wooowww...your car looks hot! Congrats again.

Any plans for tyre upgrade? I am planning to switch to Michelin Primacy LC 195/60 R15 immediately after delivery.
Old 5th August 2009, 08:15   #20

I was seriously considering this but I drive 80% in city and bad roads (rather Bangalore roads) I postponed this. $ was also one deterrent. But I suggest you can change immediately, I found tyre noice very high with this stock tyre.
Old 5th August 2009, 09:04   #21
BHPian

congrats on your precious possession. Happy puntoing Getting 13-14 in bangalore traffic that too for a car in running in period is good.Hope the mileage increases as the miles increase.
Old 5th August 2009, 09:06   #22
BHPian

Congrats on your precious possession Happy puntoing.Getting 14 in bangalore traffic is not a bad figure.hope the mileage increase as you put on more miles.
Old 5th August 2009, 09:23   #23
BHPian

Congrats vfmanuel..Your GP looks hot in red. Keep us updated on it's running and FE..

- Vish
Old 5th August 2009, 13:02   #24
Senior - BHPian

Can you tell what sun films are those? Does the windshield also have a sunfilm?
Old 5th August 2009, 13:21   #25

The sun films on the door windows and back are Llumar CS35 got it fixed at the dealer only as did not want to do this outside. The front I am yet to fix but thinking of 3M crystalline (i think) with 75% light transmission, this is costing from dealer 7800 INR. I did not get that done because I was bit confused whether visibility in night while raining etc could be hampered.

FE in the morning when I drive to office (not much traffic) is around 16 but evening while returning it is very low. so average I could estimate is around 14-15. Initial days it was very low but with my second filling it has reached this stage, I have run a total of ~1K now.
Old 5th August 2009, 15:27   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vfmanuel View Post
The sun films on the door windows and back are Llumar CS35 got it fixed at the dealer only as did not want to do this outside. The front I am yet to fix but thinking of 3M crystalline (i think) with 75% light transmission, this is costing from dealer 7800 INR. I did not get that done because I was bit confused whether visibility in night while raining etc could be hampered.

FE in the morning when I drive to office (not much traffic) is around 16 but evening while returning it is very low. so average I could estimate is around 14-15. Initial days it was very low but with my second filling it has reached this stage, I have run a total of ~1K now.
How much did the llumar sunfilm costed?
And what is the % as from the pic it looks it is above the applicable one?

Its looking really good with the sunfilm
Old 5th August 2009, 21:08   #27

i asked the dealer about the RTO approval he said 35 for private vehicle is ok, i dont know if that is correct. But I had 35 for my earlier car and police never troubled me.
I paid 3k to dealer I think it is more but I did not want to get this done outside.
Old 5th August 2009, 21:26   #28
BHPian

vfmanuel, congrats on your purchase. I am in love with your Red Hot Punto.
I believe Red and Black colours are made only for cars and bikes .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks